The "I'm looking forward to" thread...

janetmojo

I leave for my 14 day Celebrity cruise on Sept 17th and I know I'm looking forward to a lot of specific foods...(cause I'm a foodie.) So here are mine, what are yours?

The Seafood Brochette at lunch one day

Fresh bagels and omlettes

Sushi in the evenings

ice cream in the afternoons

• 4 weeks later...

We did our first cruise on Celebrity, the food was fabulous!!! The chilled pear soup is awesome, and the first or second night they had a mushroom appetizer that was to die for. Wish I could remember what it was called, mushrooms in a flaky pastry....yummmmmmm, funny, that is the ONE thing I remember more than anything else...lol.

Judy

Diehard Seabourn fan here,

Looking forward to my standing order every night for chocolate creme brulee.

Tomato Basil soup in my suite for a late afternoon snack, and of course eggs benedict in my suite in a fluffy terrycloth robe. Also champagne and caviar in my bath after stewardess draws the Mouton-Brown bath of my choice.:):):)

We're taking the Golden Princes B2B in March '05 and I'm looking forward to pineapple juice mimosas by the pool, being waited on hand and foot, and the turn-around day when all the passengers from the first cruise leave and we pretty much have the ship to ourselves. Heaven.

Looking forward to our first RCCL (on the Marnier).

Have been on three Carnival ships, all on the newer larger ships.

Looking forward to trying NEW foods, dining every night in the dining room, and of course trying the 'drink of the day'.;) :)

(I will be on Celebrity Zenith for the second time)

The little Chocolates that come with the Expressos

Fresh Fruit with Every Meal

and my two most favorite words BREAKFAST - BUFFET

Almost forgot...Strawberry Mango Daiquiris

To choose just a few things would be difficult.

Hmmm.....

Chilled Strawberry Bisque

Gazpacho Andoulase

Beef Wellington

Chateaubriand

Chilean Sea Bass

Grilled Ahi Tuna

Grand Marnier Souffle'

Hazelnut Creme Brulee'

Cappuccino or Espresso after each dinner

...and the roast beef & brie on baguette delivered via cabin service...ahhh

I leave for my 17 day cruise on Princess from Venice to FLL on October 6. The food I'm looking forward to isn't just the food, it's the entire dining experience(s).

Chair held out for me to sit

Chilled Golden Delicious Apple Soup

the phrase "but of course madam" (may I have 2 orders of lobster tails, please?)

bite sized almond cookies

lobster bisque

souffles

Enough daydreaming LOL I still have to wait 5 weeks and 4 days but who's counting?

• 1 month later...

Wow, this is not the best thread to read when its soon after breakfast and far from lunch. ;) LOL

My family and I will be sailing on Majesty in Dec. (Our first cruise!!!!)

I'm looking forward to the freshly made crepes, the smoothies and of course....the chocolate buffet. :p (or maybe that should be :eek: ) LOL

Breakfast on the balcony---served by the butler just the way I want it!!!

Lunches either on the balcony with my special someone ;) ....:) or at the buffet, grabbing an outside table and letting the ocean breezes run their fingers through my hair...

Dinners at a intimate bistro, or the main dining room with the table for 2 overlooking the water and just taking my time....

Sleeping till I want to (except on port days when I am up early and off the ship for anything involving adventure!)

Clear blue waters full of fish and corals....

Transiting the Panama Canal in a smaller boat, more intimate experience than on the cruiseliner...

Breathing sea air....

Not having to worry about making the bed, doing the laundry, dusting, dishes!

There's a lot more, too many to list; I'm a cruise addict lol!!!:D

• 4 weeks later...

Its a souffle cup with a thin layer of dark chocolate on the bottom, a lovely vanilla custard on top of it, 4 cubes of toasted angel food cake (points up), baked and served hot with creme anglaise. Had it last year of the Carnival Conquest and if they aren't serving it on the Miracle on the 1/2 crusie, I may lead a mutiny.

We leave for The Conquest on March 6th.. I cant wait for the eggs and bacon in the mornings (I love their eggs).. and cant wait for the potato salad from room service and most of all the Chicken Fetticini Alfredo in the dining room!! Just some of my favorites!!

• 4 weeks later...

Archived