Ft. Lauderdale Hotels- Recommendations Please

DGF

The thanks goes to TrentS, who lives in Fort Lauderdale. I forgot to mention that. He is always answering questions about Ft Lauderdale and the area. Whenever I come to something of such inforamtion I always save it. Even though I live in Florida I don't know too much about the different areas.

We have stayed at the Bahia Mar several times, and found it to be quite convenient for all our needs. It is on the beach, as well as easy access to the marina. It is a short trip from FLL, 10 - 15 minutes, as well as the same to the cruise terminal. The water taxi is a short walk, 2 minutes, and is a great way to get around. The water taxi is short trip to Las Olas. Also, significant number of fishing charters available.

Just a word on the Hilton FLL Airport, which until recently was the Wyndham. As the Wyndham, this hotel had very mixed reviews and I was dubious of it. I stayed there for a couple of nights in March and they seem to have transformed the place as a Hilton. Newly decorated and the beds are great, the hotel restaurant serves really good lunchtime/evening food and a nice buffet breakfast. The staff were universally friendly and welcoming. As a mid-priced hotel I would have no hesitation staying there again.

Be aware that when I stayed there it was obvious that they were still renovating the pool area, but I'm guessing this work will be completed by summer. There's a nice trail around the airport perimeter which is great for a pre-cruise walk:)

Phil

What you need to do is go to the North America Homeports section of this forum and then to East Coast Departures. There is all sorts of info there especially on Ft. Lauderdale.

Marilyn

I did this and got a recommendation from Texkan re: Comfort Suites. Coincidentally, within 2 hours of my writing a reply, my TA called and had a price for the exact same hotel. So I took it. :)

• 1 month later...
DGF...We recently stayed at the Amerisuites on 17th St. We had read many many mixed reviews. We had stayed there a few years ago and found it to be more than acceptable. We were sailing during Spring Break so Priceline was not accepting anything close to reasonable.

We got Amerisuites on ValueTrips.com.

We talked to the manager about the forth coming changes as it will be labled under Hilton or Hyatt (I can never remember) They are making major changes that he hoped would be done by June '07

The location is wonderful. Very close to nice restaurants and shops. We were going to one of the close by restaurants and it started to rain,the shuttle driver insisted on driving us there. There is a Mexican restaurant right across the parking lot from the hotel.Outside swings and good food.

I would stay there again,even if that were not remodeling. I am sure it will be great once the remodeling is done.

Thanks

we had 3 rooms at this hotel - first time we'd stayed there. We were very happy with our experience. The tower is not yet open - major hurricane damage. However, they are redoing it now. It's going to be AWESOME!

It turned out that we were in 3 different locations within this sprawled out hotel. We each had an INCREDIBLE and different view. They will be doing each wing over in time. We got this on Priceline for 72.00 - what a deal. It is a bit older, however, we truly didn't see a problem anywhere. The pool and bar area are both great.

The hallways are a bit warm - they need to work on that.

We will certainly stay here again - as long as the rates don't get out of reach once they have the renovations completed.

Has anyone stayed at the Plantation Renaissance Hotel. I understand that it's about 10 miles away from Port Everglades. Did you like it? Was there shopping nearby? Would you rent a car while you stay there?

Archived