Cruise Scrapbook Pages?

TrojanJulez

Debra, those are fantastic! Gave me some great ideas for our upcoming cruise, especially the Happy Birthday page as I'll be celebrating my birthday on our cruise!

What did you use for your lettering?

Lisa

Debra, those are fantastic! Gave me some great ideas for our upcoming cruise, especially the Happy Birthday page as I'll be celebrating my birthday on our cruise!

What did you use for your lettering?

Lisa

Lisa,

The HAPPY BIRTHDAY was a sticker that I got; the other lettering is from me. :) I lettered it. It's basically printing in block style and then putting polka dots at the intersections and at the end of the letters (like the E's).

I hope you have a happy happy birthday as well. We went to Harry's Supper club that night--it was so very wonderful!

As for the other lettering (not sure which you're wondering about), the "GRAND CAYMAN" is the font RAVIE that comes with Microsoft Office. I made the font to be about 130 points or something along that line. I typed several spaces in between each letter and printed them on white cardstock in a tropical blue color. Then I got my Cutter Bee's out and painstakingly cut them all out. I ran them through my Xyron machine so each one became a sticker and then stuck them on the page.

The JAMAICA lettering is the JOKERMAN font, which I believe either comes with MS Office or you can get it as freeware from a free font site (I am not exactly sure--I really think it came with MS Office). Again, I increased the font size and printed it on colored card stock.

DAY AT SEA was another fun one--I went to a free font site and found it. I think the title of the font was OCEANIC or something like that. Again, I just blew it up big and used my Cutter Bee's to cut them out precisely. I feel it was worth the time. :)

The rest of the pages were just stickers. I hope this helps!

As an aside, I have just about finished my scrapbook from my Liberty cruise last September. When I've finished it, I will post the pictures of my pages so you all can see them if you'd like.

HAPPY 4th of July everyone!!

Then I got my Cutter Bee's out and painstakingly cut them all out.

I am not familiar with Cutter Bee's - Most of the tools I use are from Creative Memories. It sounds like a good cutting tool though - can you discribe it in a bit more detail for me?

I also love your pages and can't wait to see what you did for your Liberty cruise.

Hope everyone had a safe and festive 4th.

I am not familiar with Cutter Bee's - Most of the tools I use are from Creative Memories. It sounds like a good cutting tool though - can you discribe it in a bit more detail for me?

I also love your pages and can't wait to see what you did for your Liberty cruise.

Hope everyone had a safe and festive 4th.

Julie,

Cutter Bee's are scissors especially made for cutting paper. They are by EK Success. I have a pair that was from Stampin' Up! but not sure that people know that some of SU!'s supplies are made by EK Success.

Anyway, they are nice in your hand and don't hurt when you're doing intense cutting and they cut/snip all the way to the very end of the blade. They also have "Honey Bee's" which have a coating on the blade so if you cut through adhesive stuff, the adhesive doesn't stick to the blade of the scissors.

I suppose if I had a Cricut (sp?) I wouldn't have needed to spend so much time cutting, but I don't and this is what I did instead. :)

I am down to about 1 more day of our trip. I'm going to try and finish tonight and take pictures and then I can post them this week so you can see them.

My wedding album is more fancy than this one that I'm doing for the cruise, but I really am liking how it is turning out. :) More to come!

Hope everyone had a fab 4th!

Thank you Debra.

Any scissor that cuts all the way to the end of the blade is well worth looking into. I settled for to long on an inexpensive pair that was more trouble than they were ever worth.

The few pages I have done with Title lettering, I die cut at my local scrapbook store - I have a die cut membership that also allows me to use the work space when classes are not is session. Well worth my yearly membership, since I live in an appartment and have limited layout space on my dining room table. I also like supporting a family owned business.

I die cut the names of each port on a Caribbean cruise from a picture of the water in that port. I had started taking pictures in Cozumel because the water was so much bluer than what I have grown up with here in Seattle. When we got to Belize I had to take another picture because the water was yet another beautiful blue.

The tradition stuck - when I sailed the Mississippi River on the American Queen. I have a page titled "Old Muddy" die cut from a photo of the Mississippi - and she was muddy.

Most of my other titles seem to be hand lettered or made of stickers.

Thank you Debra.

Any scissor that cuts all the way to the end of the blade is well worth looking into. I settled for to long on an inexpensive pair that was more trouble than they were ever worth.

The few pages I have done with Title lettering' date=' I die cut at my local scrapbook store - I have a die cut membership that also allows me to use the work space when classes are not is session. Well worth my yearly membership, since I live in an appartment and have limited layout space on my dining room table. I also like supporting a family owned business.

I die cut the names of each port on a Caribbean cruise from a picture of the water in that port. I had started taking pictures in Cozumel because the water was so much bluer than what I have grown up with here in Seattle. When we got to Belize I had to take another picture because the water was yet another beautiful blue.

The tradition stuck - when I sailed the Mississippi River on the American Queen. I have a page titled "Old Muddy" die cut from a photo of the Mississippi - and she was muddy.

Most of my other titles seem to be hand lettered or made of stickers.[/quote']

I love love love the idea of using the blue photos for letters. I purposely took pictures of the water to use them in my books. It really is indescribable (at least to me).

:)

My sister laughed when I was taking pictures over the side of the ship at water (she's not a scrapper) - but when she saw the titles she agreed they looked great. The thing that suprised me was that all 4 ports had different waves as well as color - each title realy is different from the rest.

I know I will keep using this idea in the future.

The other tradition I have is photo's of my feet in water - the Madison River in Yellowstone, the beach in Cocosumel where we SNUBA dived, the Mississippi River in Hannibal, Mo, etc..... My family has started looking for the "feet in water" picture in my vacation albums.

I have loved the ideas everyone has shared here.

Thanks, Debra! I appreciate all your information. I don't have a Cricut either, but a friend who hosts crops does so I usually get all my lettering done when we get together. However, I'd like to do some work in-between crops, so may try your technique. Thanks, too for the birthday wishes. Mine will be the first formal night and we've got the supper club booked too. Cannot wait!!

And Julie, I love the idea of cutting letters out of water pictures. We leave on Carnival Valor on Sunday and you can bet I'll be taking pictures of the water!!

Thanks again.

Archived