Cruise Scrapbook Pages?

TrojanJulez

Air to Sea!

I have been to the Arlington Scrapbook convention every year for the last several years. I love going and looking and seeing all the stuff. Like a kid in a candy shop. I have not had the chance to participate in any of the scrapping events due to my work schedule but I am retired this year and I plan to try and do this. My mom-in-law keeps saying she is going to fly out one year for the event but so far has not. When I shop it seems that cruise and beach stuff is all I buy (well at least the most of what I buy) We have lived here 30 years and I worked for the city for 25 of those years. Which schools do the kids attend? I worked for the schools years ago in transportation. My sis in law lives in Grand Prairie. Maybe we'll see each other at the convention

Sheri 18 Try this link; (hope it works) http://www1.snapfish.com/thumbnailshare/AlbumID=150566832/a=15581725/t_=15581725

Air to Sea!

I have been to the Arlington Scrapbook convention every year for the last several years. I love going and looking and seeing all the stuff. Like a kid in a candy shop. I have not had the chance to participate in any of the scrapping events due to my work schedule but I am retired this year and I plan to try and do this. My mom-in-law keeps saying she is going to fly out one year for the event but so far has not. When I shop it seems that cruise and beach stuff is all I buy (well at least the most of what I buy) We have lived here 30 years and I worked for the city for 25 of those years. Which schools do the kids attend? I worked for the schools years ago in transportation. My sis in law lives in Grand Prairie. Maybe we'll see each other at the convention

I'll be there! And like you I'm heading straight for all the cruisin' stuff! Since this will be my first cruise I'll be a little more focused when I shop (that's my story anyway!) This year I would like to stay for one of the cropping parties. Maybe I can actually get some cruise pages done.

We have lived here for almost 25 years. My DH has also been with an airline for the same amount of time. Although I started at the same airline around the same time, I took early retirement in 99. One child had already graduated from Bowie and one is half way through.

I have to stop buying scrapbook stuff. I need free time to scrap. all my kids are out of school & now only have grands and great-grands there. One granddaughter is graduating from Martin this year and we leave on April 14 for a 5 day cruise. This is to celebrate the graduation and her birthday. She is way too excited. I have put the law down...NO MORE SHOPPING FOR CLOTHES" after all it only a 5 day cruise. hahah

I so agree with you, Jiminw! I actually have a whole scrapbook room that has stuff in it that I haven't touched in months! And I always vow to use up some stash first before I buy anything new. So far I've not bought anything new in months but when one addiction leaves, here comes another:(! Now I can't stop buying clothes for my cruise:eek:! Oh well.

The only reason I'm excited about GASC is to buy cruise/beach stuff since all of our area LSS's and Recollections have closed and we don't have many places to go. This may be my only chance to find those things although I'll try not to do too much harm to the cc bill - I bought a Wishblade last year so I will make a lot of my cruise embellishments with that. (But I still need cardstock!)

Congratulations on your GD's graduation! (Go Warriors!) I'm surprised that AISD is not raising a little stick that she will be out of school those days but I just know that she is ready and very excited. Tell her to have the time of her life (well maybe not too much):cool: !

Well my youngest is graduating in '10, son from Bowie in '01 and UNT in '06 and I'm still buying paper for they're elementary school photos. Can you say "behide" LOL. Of course this means that I must look while in fll and on our drive up to Orlando. If you need anything from Florida that you want me to bring to you I will be happy to do so

I am going to be in Jax,FL next month visiting the Ma-in-law. So I can get plenty. She bought me a 12" scanner for Xmas so that we could email our scrap pages to each other. Well, her son has not hooked it up yet? He is soo busy.

My little granddaughter actually got approval for the trip. I wrote them a note and told them she will be going. She gets out at 12:15 each day for her job. I told the she could make it up by staying the entire day the week before or after the cruise. Her AP goes to our church so know us. He know we have to take the week when we can get it. My hubby travels so much. He agreed as long as she would not blab it all over school. that has been really hard for her.

I got some real cute cruise stickers last year. They are the Mambi brand. It is the cuteys boy and girls on board the ship. It has a group of wimseys kids on deck waving bye and a sea captain. I saw them last year on ebay and just had to have them. It is soo hard to find stuff around here that is cruise related.

well off to bed. The hubby has to be up early,early in the am. Channel 4 is interviewing him on that FLDS compound group in south texas. It will be interesting to see how much of the interview they actually show.

• 4 weeks later...
Okay they are uploaded. They are hard to look at as my Dad was on this cruise with us. No, I am not done this is just one port.

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/563277179fjTYTb

great scrapbook...lovely pictures.....

just one question how did you write what the pics where on webshots....have downloaded before but I do not know how to put in captions....

i uploaded them to webshots then I copied and pasted them to my reivew..actually another poster copied the directions down and I had to keep going back and forth looking until I got it right...

i you want I will try to find the directions and post them here

OK, if you still have the directions please post them. Thanks.

ambermarie, great scrapbook this was the one I was looking for, you did a great job, did you do the scrapbbok digitally or by hand......great ideas

I did it by hand. :) I mean, I used the computer for printing stuff out, but that's about it.

My last cruise scrapbook pages are in my siggy. :) Now I have two!! Actually, the last one is just an ongoing project. I can't make myself do nothing but cruise layouts for months straight again. heh My 2006 cruise scrapbook is a little "amatuerish," but after months of realizing what all was out there for me to choose from, and after my obsession really snowballed, I got a lot more "busier" in my stuff! haha

I LOVE GASC-- I'm in Euless (formerly Arlington) and I've gone the last two years.

Also, the best lss around here is The Crafty Scrapper in Waxahachie. It's amazing, and if you haven't been, you should definitely go!! They also have a website (thecraftyscrapper.com).

My 2peas album:

http://twopeasinabucket.kaboose.com/userprofile.asp?user_id=291218&w=3&pos=2&pg=1

• 2 weeks later...

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

• 1 month later...

I just started working on our scrapbook from our Spring Break Miracle cruise. In the last 2 nights I completed 12 pages! It took forever to get it organized because I took over 800 pictures. When I get a chance I will photograph the pages and post them.

I am jealous that several of you got to the show in Arlington. I live in Plano and work full time so it is just to hard to get to. It is so hard to find nice supplies with all the scrapbook stores that have closed.

My goal is to get the Miracle scrapbook completed before we get on the Victory next March!

Lori

Hi...with 12 pages done so fast, you will be done with your SB long before March rolls around. Yes, it is true that its hard to find nice stuff for the pages, I wonder why the stores are closing?? Must be the economy and more people are doing the digital SB and photobooks too. I still love making my own crafty pages though, and the digital thing scares me, its probably easier than I think, but just not interested in starting that up yet.

Can't wait to see your pages when you're done.

I need to get more of mine on Webshots too, but I'm maxed on there with all the photos I take too !!!

Last week Thur-Sat. CK had a scrapbook conv. in Ft. Laud. I went just for the shopping this year and found even though the venders weren't as many as last year I was able to fine alot of cool and different items for my Alaskan Cruise for this Sept. So if one is coming to your town check it out.

I've been hearing alot about these SB conventions, this must be what is going on since so many SB businesses are just fading away. Do they ever come to Minnesota? Does anyone have a schedule of events? If they did come to MN I would imagine it would be in Mpls-St. Paul, a 4 hour drive for me to go, and hotel stay for the night...not really feasible. Is there a fee at the door or in advance for these? Do they have hands on time in there to learn new techniques and try products, or is it booth after booth of products and crowds trying to see everything? Lots of ???, I'm new to SBing.

Just thought I'd share my online cruise album - took me 9 months to complete - almost like "giving birth"!!!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/twinmom7/sets/72157594537749686//

twinmom7 I just LOVED your album, your scrapbooking style is just up my alley. Hope you don't mind if I scrapblift some of your ideas.

Thanks for sharing

• 3 weeks later...

Archived