Cruise Scrapbook Pages?

TrojanJulez

Just thought I'd share my online cruise album - took me 9 months to complete - almost like "giving birth"!!!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/twinmom7/sets/72157594537749686//

You scrapbook is awesome!! Just love everything about it. Looks like you and your family had a great time!! Thanks so much for sharing this. I am always looking for ideas on how to scrap my vacation photos.

Jiminw, your album looks great!! I could not get the link to work either at first, but the last link you posted worked. I really love how you were able to make all of your pages so that all you have to do is add photos and journaling. I wish I could settle myself down enough to get something like that done before I leave on December 2.

Jiminw, your album looks great!! I could not get the link to work either at first, but the last link you posted worked. I really love how you were able to make all of your pages so that all you have to do is add photos and journaling. I wish I could settle myself down enough to get something like that done before I leave on December 2.

thanks for the nice comment. I am getting ready to do another one for our cruise in Dec.2007. I'll post as soon as I can

• 1 month later...
Thought I would share my first layout finished about our recent cruise. I really hope I can start churning these out while the memories are still fresh:

http://community.webshots.com/album/561927487pcFskz

I really like the pages you did, especially the one from excaret, what did you use to outline and embelish..dd you make them or cut them out your self..really nice design i am new to scapbooking so i need all the help i can get..........

The Xcaret layout is a digital one, and I used Creating Keepsakes software, and a couple of digital kits from Rachel Dickson, "Seasons Change" and "Sea Swept". For the Memories of Jamaica layout I used Flair pp and embellies, and the flowers were cut from some KI Memories pp. I am digging through my stash at the moment, hoping I can trip up on some inspiration to get one more page finished this weekend.

• 2 months later...

I really enjoyed reading this thread on scrapbooking. I am beginning 2 scrapbooks on our last 2 cruises (should do the 1st one too from 17 years ago !!!) Also have one started for my newest G-child born 3 days ago. All started none finished....so inspiration is what I must need. Looking at all these has been inspiring. I think my biggest problem is worrying how I should place stuff on the pages, there is certainly enough stuff, and I think sometimes too much stuff. Some of the stuff is so big, it looks awkward on the pages, like the bills from the cruise, some airline tickets are so big they take half the page...things like that. I want more room for the photos and some other embellishments too. Someone said to scan and make these items smaller and scrap the smaller copies. It just doesn't seem the same to scrap these 'copies', as it is the items that are the saved memories to save and scrap...any other ideas on these concerns I have?

Hey!

I have posted about 1/2 of my Conquest cruise from Sept 06 on:

http://community.webshots.com/user/sgrgirl20

There are alos a bunch of pics from my Jan 08 Miracle cruise ... which I got the pics for yesterday to start scrapping ... hopefully i'll get the remainder on my conquest cruise up on webshots. There is also my Disney Vacation scrapbook from Jan 06. ENJOY :)

Kristin

I scrapbook 12x12 so I can do more. On one of mine (the bills) I made copies (not scanned them) and made them smaller so I could fit all 3 on one page. I do scrapbook the 8x10 photos and use the corner holders that way if I want to copy them I can.

I really enjoyed reading this thread on scrapbooking. I am beginning 2 scrapbooks on our last 2 cruises (should do the 1st one too from 17 years ago !!!) Also have one started for my newest G-child born 3 days ago. All started none finished....so inspiration is what I must need. Looking at all these has been inspiring. I think my biggest problem is worrying how I should place stuff on the pages, there is certainly enough stuff, and I think sometimes too much stuff. Some of the stuff is so big, it looks awkward on the pages, like the bills from the cruise, some airline tickets are so big they take half the page...things like that. I want more room for the photos and some other embellishments too. Someone said to scan and make these items smaller and scrap the smaller copies. It just doesn't seem the same to scrap these 'copies', as it is the items that are the saved memories to save and scrap...any other ideas on these concerns I have?

Wow what great pages. I need to get mine done and caught up..:eek:

Hey!

I have posted about 1/2 of my Conquest cruise from Sept 06 on:

http://community.webshots.com/user/sgrgirl20

There are alos a bunch of pics from my Jan 08 Miracle cruise ... which I got the pics for yesterday to start scrapping ... hopefully i'll get the remainder on my conquest cruise up on webshots. There is also my Disney Vacation scrapbook from Jan 06. ENJOY :)

Kristin

Now there's an idea I wouldn't have thought of, resizing the larger momentos by making copies not scanning; I always think I have to scan everything. I also like the idea of a large photo as the background page, that is actually the paper page, then more photos and stuff on top of that. So far mine haven't worked out because the background photo is too colorful and looks too busy once I start putting stuff on the pages. I will keep experimenting on all these new ideas. Hopefully soon will be able to get a few on Webshots and put a link on here.

Just looked through the 2nd 8x8, also very nice. And they were different in many ways. I spose it is hard to make all the cruises individual sometimes, I will probably find that out as soon as I start putting together the 2nd one I'm doing.

I like the group photo with everyone's names included. I will have to email our group members and ask if I can add their names, I think I will use the 1st names, as our CC group was pretty large...will take up way too much space if I do that I think. Is it hard to include all you want on the 8x8 pages? I am having trouble getting everything on the 12x12's. Maybe I should consider spreading it all out on a 2 page spread for some of the ones with so much memorabilia and large stuff. Time to start rearranging a few pages. Thanks for all these great ideas and inspiration, it is really helping me get these pages done...almost like a scrappy class online !!!:p

Yes the 8x8 are hard. and I only use them for themes. I like the 12x12 and most the time I do a 2 page spread. I will upload one of our 12x12 if you would like to see it. But be warned they are HUGE. I scrapbook anything and everything I want in our book. So far most of them are different as we try to do different things on each cruise, so that helps. You can email me with questions as well. If you want I can give you an email addy to email me.

Just looked through the 2nd 8x8, also very nice. And they were different in many ways. I spose it is hard to make all the cruises individual sometimes, I will probably find that out as soon as I start putting together the 2nd one I'm doing.

I like the group photo with everyone's names included. I will have to email our group members and ask if I can add their names, I think I will use the 1st names, as our CC group was pretty large...will take up way too much space if I do that I think. Is it hard to include all you want on the 8x8 pages? I am having trouble getting everything on the 12x12's. Maybe I should consider spreading it all out on a 2 page spread for some of the ones with so much memorabilia and large stuff. Time to start rearranging a few pages. Thanks for all these great ideas and inspiration, it is really helping me get these pages done...almost like a scrappy class online !!!:p

they were both really really good...great ideas...where do you get your embellsihments?

I have a Cricut and LOVE it. I have the smaller one as the new one is a little high. http://www.cricut.com/ I found that WalMart sells them the cheapest.

I shop for scrapbooking stuff at: Michael's, Joann's, Hobby Lobby and a local scrapbook store. There are also two online stores I order from (and I do not know anyone who works there nor do I): http://www.tropicalscrapbooking.com/ and http://www.scrapyourtrip.com/

Finding cruise stuff in my local scrapbook or hobby stores isn't easy, so I do order alot from both of the online stores.

OK. I'm open to any and all ideas about scrapbooking. Also about background ideas for the photos. I am seeing most people do different paper designs and not as many embellishments. Also stickers seem to ba a popular option. When I go to our local scrapbooking supply stores ( and there are not many where we live, but 50 miles away there is a larger assortment), I am overwhelmed; I spose the more I do the easier it will be to visualize finished projects. I think I'm afraid to do something wrong...:eek: !!! I know, I know...there is no wrong way to do these :p I just want my cruise pages to look how I felt when there. :)

OK. I'm open to any and all ideas about scrapbooking. Also about background ideas for the photos. I am seeing most people do different paper designs and not as many embellishments. Also stickers seem to ba a popular option. When I go to our local scrapbooking supply stores ( and there are not many where we live, but 50 miles away there is a larger assortment), I am overwhelmed; I spose the more I do the easier it will be to visualize finished projects. I think I'm afraid to do something wrong...:eek: !!! I know, I know...there is no wrong way to do these :p I just want my cruise pages to look how I felt when there. :)

Yep they are yours. I know when I first started I had to have everything perfect. But they are hand made and they shouldn't be. I am a little picky but I have learned to let them be once I have done it. I use all different "backgrounds" in all my scrapbooks. Just remember they are your books so do what you like. There are no right & wrongs in scrapbooking. I'd be happy to view one or two of your pages. Or the photos you want to do and give you some pointers or ideas. This is my email addy ksscrapper08@yahoo.com

Find:

here is a photo album that I did for one of the members of my group that cruised with us.

http://www1.snapfish.com/thumbnailshare/AlbumID=150566832/a=15581725_15581725/fromupload=true/t_=15581725

Just went back a few posts and saw this tiny album. It is on Snapfish, and I used to be a member there years ago. There is alot going on here on these tiny pages. (so what is my problem ???!!!) These have so much creativity too, I hope I can do pages as nice as these someday. Is this a kit, or pure creativity? I haven't seen these small spiral bound books anywhee, are they just like notebooks?

My photos are on Webshots under Minncruisers. I see people have the link to just click on their photos, but I don't know it....:confused:

I have 2 cruises on there, and tons of photos, in fact I am maxed out on that site, may have to start another one under another name !!! That is another problem I am having....choosing the photos to use, I think I am trying to cram all of them on the pages !!!!:eek:

My photos are on Webshots under Minncruisers. I see people have the link to just click on their photos, but I don't know it....:confused:

I have 2 cruises on there, and tons of photos, in fact I am maxed out on that site, may have to start another one under another name !!! That is another problem I am having....choosing the photos to use, I think I am trying to cram all of them on the pages !!!!:eek:

That is why my books are so HUGE. I like to scrapbook every photo, but you just can't. Two things to help on that would be you could make several of them wallet size or cut out the important part of the photos. Or if I have a lot I let the hubby narrow them down for me. My thinking is the photos should tell the story. I am not a big one on journaling, some are though. I do use the daily newsletters for some or most of my journaling. I use the PC alot as well for that. Oh I checked but didn't see scrapbook pages. What are they under? I saw two albums, is that currect?

Archived