Which dinner to skip?

Modawg1991

On a 7-day carnival cruise, which dinner is the best one to skip to go to the supper club? I was thinking the Captain's Dinner, since the prime rib and lobster is pretty generic. I like prime rib and lobster, but I can get that pretty much any time I want on dry land.

On a 7-day carnival cruise, which dinner is the best one to skip to go to the supper club? I was thinking the Captain's Dinner, since the prime rib and lobster is pretty generic. I like prime rib and lobster, but I can get that pretty much any time I want on dry land.

Depends on your likes and dislikes... best to look at the menu and decide from there... I agree, the lobster and prime rib certainly isn't the best, and you can get a much better steak and lobster in the supper club!! :D

If you skip the formal nights, you can save some room in your luggage and not bring the fancy clothes. We skipped formal night on our Imagination cruise a couple weeks ago. As someone said, you can get much better lobster elsewhere. Also, they had fried tiger prawns and prime rib on the buffet that night. We eat about 50% of our dinners (and all of our breakfasts and lunches) at the buffet or from room service, and I think the food is better than in the formal dining room, except for maybe the desserts.

I agree, the lobster and prime rib certainly isn't the best, and you can get a much better steak and lobster in the supper club!! :D

So, are you saying that Carnival provides an inferior product to those who choose to dine in the dining room?

I try to do it the night they have tiger shrimp, but I always screw up somehow.

But I wouldn't miss captains night. (BTW, formal night pertains to the supper club as well).

Hey Fred....if your snails are moving, send 'em back!

So, are you saying that Carnival provides an inferior product to those who choose to dine in the dining room?

Not what I said at all... I said the lobster and prime rib in the dining room is not the best.. my opinion, perhaps it is the best in your opinion, but the lobster and steak in the supper club is FAR superior. I'm a lobster and steak snob, and I won't eat something just because it is free... but if it comes down to it, yes, the lobster and steak in the dining room is inferior to what is offered in the supper club, otherwise, how could they they wouldn't charge $30pp for it :rolleyes:

On Carnival, we always skip one of the formal nights, and we've found that we prefer to skip the first formal night because of that iffy lobster! On our recent Princess cruise, we were surprised to find that the specialty restaurants honor the same dress code as the dining room each night, so we were able to choose our nights at other restaurants based on the menus and ports of call, not based on formal nights! That was really nice!

Archived