10-Day Baltics on Star Princess

SNMK

My advice is not to wait for replies to your request but to start reading what has already been posted. There is a wealth of riches in this forum much of which will not be repeated. Yes, it is time consuming but it is the only way to take full advantage of the Cruise Critic forums.

If you are going on the Star Princess - re: Gydnia --- you will notice in the Princess website excursions that the ride from Gydnia to Gdansk takes 1 hour. You might want to use the Princess transportation there and then sightsee on your own.

Also, I am finding with a couple of ports ie:Tallinn (in port from 7-1) and Oslo (in port from 7-2), it may be easier to go with a Princess excursion.

But I have read about alot of others doing all the ports on their own, except for St. Petersburg. They also said that they did a LOT of research beforehand.

Good Luck with your planning.

I appreciate everyone's help! Thank you!

How do we sign up (or know if one is available) for the Princess bus?

Go to the Princess website, sign in using your cruise booking number (usually letters and numbers) from your TA or on your receipt, to get in to the Princess Personalizer.

You will see all your booking information on the Personalizer. And you can up date information re: passport, etc.

You can also book the excursions online and read the terms re: payment, descriptions of excursions etc. in the Personalizer section.

J.

If you haven't found the reviews section here on CC yet, go there http://www.cruisecritic.com/reviews/index.cfm.

Several people, including myself, posted reviews for the sailing. The only change so far is the Stockholm port which your all very lucky in being able to dock in Stockholm.

I agree, you should try to do a search here in this forum as other cruisers provided us with so much information for our trip in August 2006 and it was very helpful.

Julia

If you haven't found the reviews section here on CC yet, go there http://www.cruisecritic.com/reviews/index.cfm.

Several people, including myself, posted reviews for the sailing. The only change so far is the Stockholm port which your all very lucky in being able to dock in Stockholm.

I agree, you should try to do a search here in this forum as other cruisers provided us with so much information for our trip in August 2006 and it was very helpful.

Julia

Julia --

As it turns out, the first reading that I did on CC was in the reviews for my ship -- but there were only a handful of reviews and I hungered for more info!!! I didn't even think to read the reviews written on the other ships doing the same itinerary but that would have been a good idea. I was new to CC at that point and had no yet discovered the forums. Then again, maybe I didn't want to read them because I didn't want to find out that I had booked the wrong one.;)

But, yes you are right, read the reviews and not just for your ship. (A quick visit to one of the big three travel websites will get you a list of which ships are also doing similar ports.)

Andrea

Archived