hotels in venice

sunfish lady

You have three questions:

clean

reasonable priced

near the ship.

You will either have to drag your bags to a water taxi (also high $) or pay the price to be near the ship.

You will be happy with how clean almost everything is.

My daughter stayed at a Best Western listed hotel, forgot the name, but was very pleased. There are a number of bargains for the rooms but the meals and transportation were also a huge exspense. Shop wisely and check out some of the other boards. There are also some good buys near the train station and there is plenty of transportation near by.

Hope you find what you need.

• 7 years later...

we are also looking for a recommendation...we have a reservation for the abbazia which is near the train station and also cool venice apartments...cannot decided on which to take. concerned about transfer from the airport to the abbazia(a old monestary) and the safety of the cool venice apartments. any info you find will be very helpful....we stayed several years ago at the ca rocco which was small but lovely ....a long walk with bags across several bridges which is why we do not want to go back ....

You PAY for a room near the pier and Piazzale Roma.

There are 2 hotels right at Piazzale Roma which require no bridge crossings: Santa Chiara and Ca Doge.

If you can manage a small bridge and short walk: Best Western Olimpia and Arlecchino, and Papadolpoli.

If you can manage 2 small bridges there are more and cheaper options. Incentive to reduce your luggage to a manageable load ... 1 wheeled case and a shoulder tote/daypack.

If you want cheap and can't manage your luggage , stay in Mestre across the bridge from Venice. You can take the bus or train to Venice in under 10 minutes and 2 E, or a cab to the pier for about 20E.

Hotel info and all things Venice in this site:

http://europeforvisitors.com/venice/bridges/piazzale-roma.htm

You PAY for a room near the pier and Piazzale Roma.

There are 2 hotels right at Piazzale Roma which require no bridge crossings: Santa Chiara and Ca Doge.

If you can manage a small bridge and short walk: Best Western Olimpia and Arlecchino, and Papadolpoli.

If you can manage 2 small bridges there are more and cheaper options. Incentive to reduce your luggage to a manageable load ... 1 wheeled case and a shoulder tote/daypack.

If you want cheap and can't manage your luggage , stay in Mestre across the bridge from Venice. You can take the bus or train to Venice in under 10 minutes and 2 E, or a cab to the pier for about 20E.

Hotel info and all things Venice in this site:

http://europeforvisitors.com/venice/bridges/piazzale-roma.htm

Thats what I would suggest as you just want a place to sleep before you are off tot he ship the next morning.

I stayed at the hotel Olympia B W three years ago. It was about 120 euro night. I'm looking at it for next July and it has doubled...I really do not think it is close to being worth that cost. It was convenient though. May check some less expensive hotels. I can manage a walk over a couple bridges eith luggage...any hotel name suggestions?

• 2 weeks later...