Once gty cabin is assigned, can it change again?

piratemom

We are 64 days out - I just checked and our cabin was just assigned within the last few days. Once they are assigned, do they ever change the assigned cabin again? Trying to figure out if we should count on getting what we have already been assigned, or if there is still hope for a better cabin/upgrade. (don't get me wrong, I am more than happy with what we got, I am just curious) Thank You!

We are 64 days out - I just checked and our cabin was just assigned within the last few days. Once they are assigned, do they ever change the assigned cabin again? Trying to figure out if we should count on getting what we have already been assigned, or if there is still hope for a better cabin/upgrade. (don't get me wrong, I am more than happy with what we got, I am just curious) Thank You!

It CAN change..but probably won't. A guarantee CAN change until the moment of arrival at the terminal, but once a cabin assignement is made it would be a rare thing to change..BUT..yes, it CAN!

99% chance that is your cabin. When you get your documents check that too.

You can also check the gift pages to see if it ever changes.

go to carnival web page-- click on gifts- add anything to your cart. put in a booking number and that cabin number.

it will be your cabin until you get an error message that states INVALID CABIN/BOOKING NUMBER

piratemom,

How did you find out that your guaranteed cabin had been assigned? We are on the Conquest sailing on May 13. We're about the same amount of time from cruising that you are?

Keith

Keith- if you booked directly with carnival you will see your booking on the carnival web page once the cruise is registered on that page.

If you booked using an outside agent-- you wonthave a modify link on your reservation.

Did you get documents yets?

Thanks all! Serene is right. We booked with Carnival. (You have to be sure to add your sailing to your profile on their website.) I clicked on "my reservation" on the main page and then clicked on modify/cancel this reservation. On that page it lists the detail as far as what we paid, passengers in our party, ect. Up until yesterday, it listed GTY for our cabin and now it has changed to a cabin #.

Another question...is 64 days out a little early to assign cabins? I guess I always thought it was closer to the cruise b4 they did that.

It can change. My sister was told by our PVP that my roommate and I had been upgraded from a 4A Gty to an Oceanview Family Stateroom. I found our cabin on the Gifts page on the Carnival website. But when I checked this week, it showed Invalid Booking/Cabin number. I was a little bummed, cause the family stateroom seemed like a great cabin and great location. But now I am trying to be positive and think that we might be upgrade even further. Maybe sometimes its better not to know....might get your hopes up (or down). But I have to admit that curiosity sometimes gets the better of me.

Another question...is 64 days out a little early to assign cabins? I guess I always thought it was closer to the cruise b4 they did that.

Nope- not at all. Final payment is made at 70 days. Assignments usually happen about 65 days. (between 65-70 is when they do the most movement to see whats still available)

this is when you want to check your pricing daily. The cruiselines try to sell the cheaper cabins quickly.

Nope- not at all. Final payment is made at 70 days. Assignments usually happen about 65 days. (between 65-70 is when they do the most movement to see whats still available)

this is when you want to check your pricing daily. The cruiselines try to sell the cheaper cabins quickly.

We got a REALLY good price to begin with, so I don't see it dropping any lower than what we got it for. Right now it is still $150pp higer than what I paid. I hope it drops though! I am guessing if they are having no problem selling the cabins it may never drop though, right? Seems like it has been stuck at the same price for a long time.

I didn't book thru Carnival. I used a major web cruise provider. I haven't received my docs yet. I'm about 68 days from sailing. When does Carnival typically get the docs out? Do you think that the cabin assignments will be with the docs or am I going to have to wait for embarkation?

Keith

I didn't book thru Carnival. I used a major web cruise provider. I haven't received my docs yet. I'm about 68 days from sailing. When does Carnival typically get the docs out? Do you think that the cabin assignments will be with the docs or am I going to have to wait for embarkation?

Keith

We booked less than 40 days out, your docs will go to your TA first then to you. We got ours at about the 30 day mark. Sometimes you cabin assignment wil be on the back of your sail & sign form (it's in the series of numbers @ the bottom on the back of the form - generally right after your booking #). Unfortunately, ours wasn't, so I guess we find out on the 23rd!:eek: :(

Keith

docs can be received anywhere from 4 weeks to twos weeks before cruising. The only place you will see an assignment is on the sign and sail page--on the back-- on the bottom. There will be a long string of numers that will start with a booking number.. the number immediatly following the booking number is a cabin assignment.

In the past--if the cabin is not assigned you will see GTEE instead of a cabin number

We arrived at the dock and as we were ready to get our S and S card, another rep came over and for some reason changed our cabin guarantee...to a bigger and better cabin!! We were soooo happy! Out of 20 guarantee cruises though, it happened only once that our cabin number was changed.

crickett: When you arrived at the pier- did you confirm a cabin number before youhanded over your luggage to the porter?

The porter gave you one cabin and someone else gave you another once you checked in? What happened with your luggage?

We are sailing in 40 days!!!!!:o :p :) (I'm excited, can't you tell!!!) Anyways, hopefully we will get our docs soon. We booked a Guar cabin and I'm excited to see where it will be! I tried to check Carnivals web site but nothing :( we booked with one of the major online cruise sites so we may not be able to see it until we get to port! Oh well, I like surprises too!:p

I think Carnival is the ONLY cruise line that if you book thru someone else, you are unable to see your cabin when it is assigned on their website.

I think this is very poor web design by Carnival and nope they refuse to tell you your cabin, say you have to call your booking agent.

Every other cruise line you can see your cabin # when you sign in with your booking #. I would rather know ahead of time and have the anticipation of looking at the deck plans and all. To me its a big strike against Carnival and a way they use to manipulate you into not using a TA.

Boo on Carnival for refusing to show this.

Hi, I am also in a Gty cabin and still do not have an assigned room. Is this because I haven't paid all my monies yet? I have about 159 days to go. I just want to clear this up, since it's been confusing me.

Hi, I am also in a Gty cabin and still do not have an assigned room. Is this because I haven't paid all my monies yet? I have about 159 days to go. I just want to clear this up, since it's been confusing me.

Who did you book thu? Have you asked them to check and they tell you that you do not have a assigned cabin?

Iv heard you have to pay in full before a cabin is assigned, so that could be the reason.

Who did you book thu? Have you asked them to check and they tell you that you do not have a assigned cabin?

Iv heard you have to pay in full before a cabin is assigned, so that could be the reason.

No I didn't ask anyone about the assignment yet, but I haven't paid all my monies due May 29 neither. So that might just be it. Thanks!

The assignment can change right up until the last day, ours did and we went back down to the lowest guarantee level. VERY DISAPPOINTING, so don't get your hopes up at all, and you will be happy no matter where you are.

I think Carnival is the ONLY cruise line that if you book thru someone else, you are unable to see your cabin when it is assigned on their website.

I think this is very poor web design by Carnival and nope they refuse to tell you your cabin, say you have to call your booking agent.

Every other cruise line you can see your cabin # when you sign in with your booking #. I would rather know ahead of time and have the anticipation of looking at the deck plans and all. To me its a big strike against Carnival and a way they use to manipulate you into not using a TA.

Boo on Carnival for refusing to show this.

I'm with you, firefly...

But I really don't think it's intentional manipulation...I think that's just an inadvertant byproduct of the poor website design...

It wouldn't be that big a deal if they just put it on everyone's web confirmation...As you say, ALL of the other lines sem to be able to do it with no problem...

I guess you could call your TA and they could find out...but, face it, all of us want to know as soon as possible...and we don't want to bother our TA every day...

And, yeah, I've read about the "Kelly" method...where you create a dummy gift order to the room...and then you keep plugging in the reservation number and assorted room numbers until one hits...But, come on, there are about 1,469 (if I counted right) cabins on the Liberty!

Now, of course, I have a "balcony guarantee" and that certainly narrows it down...I don't have to type in 1,469...Since most of these are insides or "ocean view", I only have to punch in 555 possible cabins, balcony or above, to find out mine is still unassigned!!!

And, yeah, I've read about the "Kelly" method...

lmao....my name is Kelley, hahahhahahahaha and I never heard of the Kelly method.

I'm still ticked at Carnival. I just booked a cabin and the TA said there was a glitch in Carnival's system, she got an error message when she tried to book the cabin I wanted, so she booked my second choice, then changed it later. So Carnival's confirmation shows the incorrect cabin # with the booking #. My TA then sent her office confirmation from Carnival, but it does not have the booking # on it. The TA has tried her best and said everything was fine, I just wanted to see the booking # together with the correct cabin #, silly me.

So I called the Carnival # and pushed the code for web questions and got this awful dork who claimed my TA was lying about the error message and was very very very rude to me when I said I didnt understand why Carnival doesnt show my cabin # when I enter my booking #. He was just nasty. I was so mad at how he spoke to me I am seriously thinking of cancelling the booking. The deposit was just made yesterday. The Carnival rep for web problems also said he was not allowed to confirm my cabin #. I wanted more than a verbal from my TA, a confirmation from Carnival would have resolved my question but they refused, the old we can't talk to you because you booked thru a TA.

I'm still upset with Carnival as you can tell. It's not any special price, no upgrade or anything. I did book a certain cabin is all. If this is how Carnival treats folks though maybe I dont want to deal with them further, once you are irratated, things usually seem to go downhill.

Iv got a booking with RCI for april and you log in and it shows the cabin #, thats what I expected with Carnival. The Carnival booking is not until late October. I only booked with Carnival because RCI, Norweigan and Princess all pulled out of Texas ports for the fall. We went from 6 ships to 2, (both from Carnival). I booked thru Carnival as the only choice, not because I really wanted them.

Maybe I should wait and save my money and book when RCI's Voyager comes into Galveston the last of December?

Archived