Transatlantic Nov' 2007

No534

Hi everyone.

I am thinking of surprising the wife with a cruise on Sea Dream next year.

I to saw the "trip from hell thread" but as a seasoned cruiser (that always sounds rude to me) I know that these things do happen.

I was on the Sea Goddess many years ago as a teenager and loved the everything about it.

Has anyone sailed on one of these ships as both a Sea Goddess and a Sea Dream and how would you rate them, any major differences?

• 2 months later...

Now that final payments have been made for this crossing (SD2 11/03) I think we should have a roll call... several people posted last spring about joining, those still planning to be onboard please let us know who you are...;)

My sister Louise and I will be on board (I started a thread in Jan about temperatures on the crossings in November) The final payment is now taken care off and I am just one more work project away from 11 days of Seadreaming!! This will be our first time on seadream and we are very much looking forward to it. What do you think? Will the cruise will be booked up fully? What are the typical loadings for the crossings?

looking fwd to meeting with you! Ann Marie

Based upon my experience last November and what I have heard about the passenger load on recent Crossings, I expect a fairly full ship for this trip. Looking forward to meeting you and, of course, to seeing FT again!

Hi No534:

Have read your posts over on Cunard. Which voyage did you book? Have not done a crossing on SeaDream but have done 16 on Cunard. Want to try SD transatlantic some day as those we know who have done it rave about it. I am sure you will enjoy the SD experience.

All the best,

Jim.

Hi No534:

Have read your posts over on Cunard. Which voyage did you book? Have not done a crossing on SeaDream but have done 16 on Cunard. Want to try SD transatlantic some day as those we know who have done it rave about it. I am sure you will enjoy the SD experience.

All the best,

Jim.

Hi Jim, thanks for your message. I wrote that post because there were too many people moaning and being negative! :D

We're booked on the Nov 3rd Transatlantic crossing from Tenerife to Miami and really looking forward to it! This will be the smallest vessel I've been on and from what our friends have told us, it should be quite a different experience!

I'll be sure to let you know what it's like. :)

Cheers for now,

Iain

• 2 months later...

Now that the Nov. 3 Crossing has made it to the top of the list of upcoming SD2 cruises at http://www.seadream.com, I thought it time to move this thread up to the top of this board.

I'm still booked, flying into TFS (the South airport) on Nov. 1 and spending 2 nights at the Rural Victoria prior to boarding SeaDream 2.

I know that there are others who have posted in this thread and elsewhere that they will also be on this Crossing. I look forward to seeing some familiar faces and meeting new friends.

CTBjr

someone with inside connections has informed me that the SD II will have the wonderful and charming Chef Jes (along with all the other wonderful and charming SD crew members). I wonder if we will have the out-of-this world pumpkin lobster bisque at least once during the crossing?

I'm so glad Jim and Lois are on the SDI and not II - wouldn't want the never empty glass of champagne to be rationed while crossing the Atlantic.

Counting down the days.

FT

• 2 weeks later...

Just received my docs--none too soon as I am leaving Sunday--and found that the upgrade fairy has smiled on me! GY2 to 409, that's quite a jump... I'm delighted to be on the same deck as the piano bar and the spa and close to those bali beds.

ctbjr and I need a name for our SD2 crossing blog... ¿suggestions? Jen, I'm sure you could come up with something spirited and catchy, any ideas?;)

alita

Just received my docs--none too soon as I am leaving Sunday--and found that the upgrade fairy has smiled on me! GY2 to 409, that's quite a jump... I'm delighted to be on the same deck as the piano bar and the spa and close to those bali beds.

Alita, you realize of course that you'll also be on the same deck as the Fitness Center. I'm surprised that you didn't mention that as well.

See you soon.

ctbjr and I need a name for our SD2 crossing blog... ¿suggestions? Jen, I'm sure you could come up with something spirited and catchy, any ideas?;)

alita

Hmmm ... will have to ponder that one;)

How about something like "2 at sea on SD2":p

alita

Alita, you will love 409, we were in 415 and it was great to be down the hall from the computer and the piano bar, not to mention next door to the spa :). Make sure you and ctbjr say hello to James, our favorite Activities Director for me. I wish we were going with you "II @ C on SDII". Can't wait to hear from you both.

NASCAB

I'm looking forward to seeing James. We most recently sailed with him on last fall's SD2 Crossing. I still can't believe that he (and others) briskly walked 100 laps around Deck 6 on the last day at sea. He happens to be one of our 3 favorite SD AD's also.

I think that the title of our Crossing thread still needs a bit of work. There will be other CC posters and lurkers in addition to me and alita on board and I'm certain that we'll be able to entice them to participate in the thread in their spare time so if nothing else the numberical reference to 2 of us wouldn't be accurate or inclusive.

Keep the ideas coming. We have just over a week before we'll be on board.

Well, it's a week to go...... :)

Here I am sitting at my desk and looking out at a another grey London afternoon, (when I should be working, but then it is Friday afternoon!).

Never mind, this time next week, we'll be in the warmth of the Canaries with the best bit still to come!

It's been a long time coming, so it had better be good..... (Only kidding)

Now all I have to do is work out how I fit my luggage, none of which I'll use, into two 23kg bags.....

See you on board for boat drill!

Bon Voyage!

I think that the title of our Crossing thread still needs a bit of work. There will be other CC posters and lurkers in addition to me and alita on board and I'm certain that we'll be able to entice them to participate in the thread in their spare time so if nothing else the numberical reference to 2 of us wouldn't be accurate or inclusive.

Keep the ideas coming. We have just over a week before we'll be on board.

Excellent point ctbjr ...

Building on NASCAB's idea of using text messaging lingo (DD will be so proud) ...

How about "2 B @ C on SD2?" ... meaning of course "To" instead of the number "2"

NASCAB and Jen... 2 great suggestions!

I'm going to throw out 'Hi-jinks on the high sea' which should set high expectations for the crossing... (are we up to it fellow cruisers?)

#534... you do travel light, don't you??

I'm so happy we'll have James with us, and his liar's club alter ego will certainly add to the high tone aboard;)

In addition to you alita, I know of two others who are joining you for this cruise ... I am sure that a grand time will be had by all:D

Not sure about the hi jinks ... but am sure of that the champagne, mimosas, Bloody Marys, and beer will be flowing:p:eek::p

Jen... don't champagne, mimosas, Bloody Marys, and flowing beer = hi-jinks? Well, you can watch this space and see!

ctbjr... what do you remember of the temperatures on the crossing last year? I'm thinking 60s-70s but hope not 40s-50s..

You're right, I did forget to mention the fitness center and I should have as there's nothing like walking on the treadmill and staring straight out the front of the ship. I like it best when there's 'motion on the ocean' and the horizon jumps 45+ degrees up and down.;)

ctbjr... what do you remember of the temperatures on the crossing last year? I'm thinking 60s-70s but hope not 40s-50s..

Definitely 70's for the most part. Might have gotten into the 60's at night. We took a more southerly track since we disembarked in San Juan and it was in the 80's the last few days.

Found this great web board right before leaving home tomorrow.

We are arriving TFN on the 31st and spending a few nights at Hotel Botanico before the transatlantic run.

Also glad to see we were assigned cabin 414 on SDII. I like being more toward the front of any ship, although on SD it probably doesn't matter much. This is our first SD cruise, previously Seabourn was our best experience.

Juliana and I look forward to meeting some of the posters here. Hoping our crossing is smooth.

Calling all happy livers to the Top of the Yacht

Tim

Archived