Carnival - Caribbean - too young

pflorio994

My DH and I are planning a cruise on Carnival. Is Carnival a young set or are there older folks. We are 57-60 years old, no kids. We normally travel RCCL but looking for a change.

57-60 - "older folks?"

I will say, however, that you might find Carnival a step down from RCCL. Still a lot of fun, though!

Older? Hardly! A few years ago we were on the Pride and the table of eight next to us was really rowdy - there wasn't one of them under seventy. They even invited us to join them on their next cruise because we seemed like we "might" be able to keep up with them. Won't say my age, but they had a few years on me and I'd sail with them anytime. Go, and have a great time.

57-60 - "older folks?"

I will say, however, that you might find Carnival a step down from RCCL. Still a lot of fun, though!

I hardly feel that Carnival is a "step down" from RCCL. I used to think that way until I took my daughter on a RCCL cruise for her senior trip! There are places where RCCL beats Carnival, but there are many places where I believe that Carnival outshines RCCL! What I am trying to say is that it is just a matter of what you prefer more! The only way to know is to take them both!!!

You will find people of all ages on a Carnival cruise! One of the most interesting ladies I met on my last cruise was probably in her 70's. While she was traveling with family, I would often see her alone around the ship dancing to the piano player and just generally having a wonderful time.

I've been on Carnival, RCCL and Princess. They all have areas where they excel, but I would never say that one is a step up or down from the others. They're really pretty equal other than ship decor. Carnival excels in food, larger cabins and entertainment.

We look at it this way. Every ship and cruise line we go on is basically as good as we make it. We don't think that there is a ship afloat that all of us could not find some fault with...some are better at one thing...others better at another.

We sailed Carnival and had a wonderful time. We are not party people, just people people. We would go back to Carnival anytime if they were going where we wanted to go.

Just my thoughts

Tom:)

I am 27, DH is 30 and DD is 6 it was a wonderful experience for us! We made friends with people our age as well as made friends with a couple in their late 50's...it's all mindset..we are fun to be around but not the young type that parties...I think that there was only one small group of guys that were the partiers on our ship, the rest was families and couples from our age up. It was very nice and although we have never sailed any other line we are happy enough with Carnival to say that it is fun and friendly and that's what counts!

....I also thought Carnival was a jet set crowd.....

:D Hey, if I'm going on a Carnival cruise, it can't be TOO jet set. :p

Try going to Webshots, for example, and look up peoples pictures of your cruise ship. That's what I did; gives you a idea of what type of people might be on your cruise. Members here have lots of great pics linked in their signatures as well, which are fun to look at.

Good luck!

Archived