carnival cabins to avoid

ttor55

ok, this is a little off topic but when we were on the Legend I had gotten word that my Mother was dying. Needless to say I didn't want to be up on deck just wanted to hide in the cabin till we could get off ship the next day in Belize. However there was a problem with plumbing in the cabin that it took 4 guys to fix and they had to pull out all the drawers in the dresser to get to tub. And we didn't' want to sit in the cabin with them while they did this. So the purser took us to a secret cabin it was in the corridor but looked like a crew door but it was actually to a cabin. Nice too a different set up because of the angle it was on. She told us it was the room they used for when ever people got into arguments domestic abuse type things they would put usually the women in there till things quieted down.

ok, this is a little off topic but when we were on the Legend I had gotten word that my Mother was dying. Needless to say I didn't want to be up on deck just wanted to hide in the cabin till we could get off ship the next day in Belize. However there was a problem with plumbing in the cabin that it took 4 guys to fix and they had to pull out all the drawers in the dresser to get to tub. And we didn't' want to sit in the cabin with them while they did this. So the purser took us to a secret cabin it was in the corridor but looked like a crew door but it was actually to a cabin. Nice too a different set up because of the angle it was on. She told us it was the room they used for when ever people got into arguments domestic abuse type things they would put usually the women in there till things quieted down.

I didn't know that, very interesting.

Sorry about your Mom!

That is really strange. So, there is not number on the door? What deck?

Sorry about your Mom!

That is really strange. So, there is not number on the door? What deck?

Tell you the truth I don't remember the deck #, but if you were walking down a corridor doors to cabins (balcony cabins) on the right when you turn the corner to go to the elevators there was a door so if you had kept walking straight instead of turning you would have walked right into it. I don't know if that make sense. The cabin wasn't numbered but I believe (its been a while and I didn't give it much thought at the time) it said something on the door like "Crew Only" or service only something that would lead you to believe it wasn't a cabin.

On one cruise we were on the couple next door got into a horrible fight one night so I wasn't surprised to learn they had a room for such a thing.

We have the Fantasy dining room above us how noisy do you think that will be? I am thinking it could be in the morning when people are arriving for Breakfast if it is served in that dining room. Anyone been in either of these 2 cabins. MY DD and SIL are in the other cabin.

Hi,

We just changed our cabins from 8A to 8C extended balcony.

Cabins #5112/5114. (bow) What ever info/pix you have on these cabins would be helpful.

We did have Cabins #4212/#4214,(aft) we wanted to try an extended balcony.

Another couple got Cabin #4230 which is a extended balcony (stern).

Did we make the right choices :eek: changing our cabins?

Thanks,

I'm sailing with a group on the Elation in early January. We have 21 cabins spread out on the Empress deck from stem to stern(E16 to E255). I am in the E16 stateroom. How bad is the stage above going to be?

I will however give a full report on all of them upon my return.

We were in E52 & E56 and we didn't hear a thing from above. I was surprised that it was that quiet (and I go to bed early).

There is a crew door by E56 and my DD said she did hear some early-morning noise.

We have the Fantasy dining room above us how noisy do you think that will be? I am thinking it could be in the morning when people are arriving for Breakfast if it is served in that dining room. Anyone been in either of these 2 cabins. MY DD and SIL are in the other cabin.

the dining rooms are capeted- you wont hear nothing from that area. The aft dining room is what is opened for seating for breakfast and lunch.

Tip- you should eat at least one breakfast and lunch in the dining room for a break away from the buffet area. Its a different experince entirely.

Save breakfast for the last day-- when everyone will be at the buffet. You can enjoy a more peaceful relaxing breakfast here compared to the buffet.

Hi. This is a great thread.

We are going on the Miracle and have booked rooms 7105/7107. We wanted to have adjoining rooms so the kids can have their own room and bathroom (this will be their first cruise) but we still wanted a balcony. We have always stayed on the very aft of the ship. My questions: Is the movement on the front same or worse than the back? And, does anyone know what the white area under the bridge is? Any feed back would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

My questions: Is the movement on the front same or worse than the back? And, does anyone know what the white area under the bridge is? Any feed back would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

the white area-- is part of the bridge-- including crew stairs.

the front will get more movement then anywhere else-with the aft coming in close second. If you have calm seas you wont feel any more movement then you did on the aft.

your forward balcony will be much more windier then those on the aft though.

Hi. This is a great thread.

We are going on the Miracle and have booked rooms 7105/7107. We wanted to have adjoining rooms so the kids can have their own room and bathroom (this will be their first cruise) but we still wanted a balcony. We have always stayed on the very aft of the ship. My questions: Is the movement on the front same or worse than the back? And, does anyone know what the white area under the bridge is? Any feed back would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I'll be in 7192 soon. I'm pretty motion-sensitive and was worried that we might be too far forward.

Of course, the seas will vary on a daily basis, but I'll post my impressions on the cabin when we return.

I'll be in 7192 soon. I'm pretty motion-sensitive and was worried that we might be too far forward.

Of course, the seas will vary on a daily basis, but I'll post my impressions on the cabin when we return.

My wife is also very prone to motion sickness. We were booked on 7193 on the legend. My wife only had one bad night and I think that was only because she was sunburned.

I am having a hard time finding much info on the CAT. 9A cabins on Spirit.

The search is not helping me at all.

Does anyone know a direction to any pictures? I am assuming these cabins have the standard bathrooms just like all the other balcony cabins?

We were on an aft balcony cabin on the Pride which we took due to the larger Balcony. On the 1st formal night I was dressed in a suit waiting for my wife to get ready and went out on the balcony to wait for her (I believe it was on the upper deck) when all of a sudden I was drenched with water. W ahd late seating and the crew was washing down the aft pool area of the deck with a hose. Boy, was I surprised. Suddenly he leaned over and kept saying sorry, sorry. We actually had fruit and flowers delivered from the pursers desk but had not complained. The other thing about a rear balcony is you get no wind when at sea, which I like.

I am assuming these cabins have the standard bathrooms just like all the other balcony cabins?

you assume correctly. Its just a bigger cabin. Not as big as a suite cat 11 but bigger then a regular 8

here is a poster with pics.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=10762455&postcount=15

go to google and tpe in the search "Carnival Spirit class category 9A cabins" There is a ton of info for you,

Remember even if this thread gets old and shuffled to the back pages...you can do a search of "cabins to avoid" to bring it up again.

Once you are on this thread...you can do a "search" of just your room number (just on this thread) to see if there are any complaints on here about it!!

SInce there is a Freedom of the Seas and a Carnival Freedom please state which one,

Good point!! I assumed folks would know Freedom since this is a Carnival board and the thread says "Carnival cabins to avoid". ;) But just in case they don't... Carnival Freedom!

(I sure do wish these cruise lines would use a little imagination (no pun intended) can use different names for these ships!)

the dining rooms are capeted- you wont hear nothing from that area. The aft dining room is what is opened for seating for breakfast and lunch.

Tip- you should eat at least one breakfast and lunch in the dining room for a break away from the buffet area. Its a different experince entirely.

Save breakfast for the last day-- when everyone will be at the buffet. You can enjoy a more peaceful relaxing breakfast here compared to the buffet.

Thanks Serene56. We do go to the dining room for a breakfast and a lunch just for something different. Usually we do this as we have people that come with us who are on their first cruise and we want them to experience it all. We will do it again this time as it will be my SIL's first cruise. Thanks again. Enjoy the Crown as we did for sure.

We were on an aft balcony cabin on the Pride which we took due to the larger Balcony. On the 1st formal night I was dressed in a suit waiting for my wife to get ready and went out on the balcony to wait for her (I believe it was on the upper deck) when all of a sudden I was drenched with water. W ahd late seating and the crew was washing down the aft pool area of the deck with a hose. Boy, was I surprised. Suddenly he leaned over and kept saying sorry, sorry. We actually had fruit and flowers delivered from the pursers desk but had not complained. The other thing about a rear balcony is you get no wind when at sea, which I like.

I'm sailing on the Pride Jan 20 2008, I have cabin 8277 Aft. I will remember to bring an umbrella!:eek:

Archived