2008 Deployment Schedule

Ella2

Well, obviously the schedule is not yet published, but all the evidence and anecdotes point towards Royal Caribbean only sailing out of Galveston from the end of December to beginning of April. There will be no RCCI ships from Galveston from April through December.

Seems a little odd to me to leave a pier unused for nine months of the year, but that does seem to be RCCI's plan.

I am really hoping that is not the case. I have talked to 2 LA's recently and while they could not say anything, they both said there are things in the works--whatever thast means;)

:D My daughter is one of the architects designing the Genesis-- it is going to be

some ship...

Shrekfiona-How cool.....tell her that RCL should make the pool deck bigger AND make the adult pool area more separated from the main pool..one of my few gripes with the RCL ships is that you can still hear both music and talking when you're at the Solarium..I hate that...part of the reason you go there is to relax and have some piece & quiet..that's hard to do when you can hear the "Hairy Chest" contest and all the noise from around the corner at the main pool...

Here's what they SHOULD DO:Move the adult Solarium to the back of the ship like Princess,HAL and Disney have...move the Flowrider/ mini-golf/basketball court more inwards....on a ship the size of the Genesis project,the Pool area should be layed out better than the Voyager/Freedom Class ships (loved the Freedom!)..love those canti-levered hot tubs-keep those..

AND a few more alternative restaurants and bars wouldn't hurt either (Carnival larger ships have 22 bars & lounges vs.16 for Freedom)..how about a Seafood/lobster/shrimp/sushi place like NCL has? I would pay $$ for that..we go to Chops/Portifnos 2-3 times a cruise...

Both the skating rink and main show lounge should be 25-40% bigger....I can't wait to see/hear the details-please let us know if there are developments....I am a P/T cruise agent and current RCL Platinum soon-to-be Diamond Club member...Any ideas when more plans will be revealed?..Hope this is helpful....

Big Al

Is this typical for Royal Caribbean to not release their dates? Are they going to be moving ships around? My main interest is for summer 08 Galveston TX.

Me too!!! We will be on Rhapsody April 8 - 15 and I hoped to be able to see the schedule the 9th, but I was corrected and told that it will be a partial Caribbean schedule which will not be released until the 16th, the day after we get back. Durn.

So Ill book something and then probably transfer it.

Will folks be going crazy booking the day schedules come out? Does it get really nuts? Iv never booked more than about 8 months out, never a whole year out but hearing here prices are better when they first come out.

Me too!!! We will be on Rhapsody April 8 - 15 and I hoped to be able to see the schedule the 9th, but I was corrected and told that it will be a partial Caribbean schedule which will not be released until the 16th, the day after we get back. Durn.

So Ill book something and then probably transfer it.

Will folks be going crazy booking the day schedules come out? Does it get really nuts? Iv never booked more than about 8 months out, never a whole year out but hearing here prices are better when they first come out.

I am also interested in what will be with Galveston!!

Why don't you do the new NEXT CRUISE while on ROS? It virtually holds a place for you --the OBC--& you pay $100 per person & get a booking number. Then whnever you find the cruise you want to book, there is a number you call and change the Next Cruise to that specific cruise. At that time, you are charged the deposit amount for that cruise. I did a single $100 the first time I did it & then whenever I booked the cruise, easily changed it to 3 people. Then when we went on that cruise, I booked a next cruise and so did my sister, so we have 2 . I sure hope this stays, it is easy & love being able to have the OBC & not have to have a "fake" cruise. If that is conmfusing or you want more inf, just search for NEXT CRUISE, I know there has been lots of info on CC about it.

I don't know about booking on the opening day, never have before, but look to this year.

Good luck

Why don't you do the new NEXT CRUISE while on ROS? It virtually holds a place for you --the OBC--& you pay $100 per person & get a booking number.

Ill more than likely book the other one if its still possible that you put down a higher deposit. I dont go very long between cruises, so I know it will be used....SOON.

I have a deposit on Oct 21st for the Conquest, but still might change it and go to Florida for RCI. Id really like to get those crown and anchor benefits locked in place...wish I had gone on RCI already instead of other cruises. Starting cruising too late and didnt concentrate on one cruiseline now RCI is going to make it lots harder to get that platinum/diamond etc for us Texans.

I cant decide. I have one of the secret cabins which goes for the cheapest price ($449). The one on starboard is still available on that date if anyone is looking for a nice cheap(er) cabin. 220 sf with two big windows. Im not sure about giving it up and going to FL to do RCI because those 2 cabins are usually hard to get.

I am sure I will schedule another RCI soon though, even if I have to have my TA change the reservation on the 16th when Galveston comes out. Just hoping against hope it comes out with the others on the 9th, wouldnt that be a nice surprise.

I also have a future cruise booked with Princess lol, and besides the booking credit, we dont have that much longer for another $50 credit they gave us only 12 months to use up....and here I am jumping to RCI. lol

firefly333@yahoo.com

When 2008 Alaska itinerary/pricing information opens up on April 9th, will it appear on the website or do I need to call RCI representative?

It should be online that day, but usually they have glitches and all the itins are not loaded immediately. Your best bet would be to call RCI or your TA ASAP on the 9th and have them book it to guarantee you get the cabin you want and the lowest prices before the prices start going up.

I just went to *****.com and they list the sailing dates for RCCL Freedom of the Seas for November 2008. I haven't seen this on any other site yet. How can they have those itineraries listed when they haven't been pushed out yet by RCCL?

Nevertheless, I put in my quote request. :)

tj

I noticed that on the RCCL website they go up to 2009 for dates, but if you try for May 2008 nothing is posted yet. :rolleyes:

I probably wont' book till this summer but we have others going with us so I need to pull up options, look at activities for the ports, and have a meeting to decide what we all want to do. That may take a couple months!

I noticed that on the RCCL website they go up to 2009 for dates, but if you try for May 2008 nothing is posted yet. :rolleyes:

I just find it so odd to see itineraries available on other sites, but not on RCCL's own site. Hmm...

WOW -- thanks for the tip. I just e-mailed a RCI employee this morning to remind him to look for our Thanksgiving 2008 sailing -- Nov. 23-30 on the Freedom, Liberty or Mariner -- whoever was going on the Western. He e-mailed back tonight that the dates are still not out! ;)

Thanks to the above mentioned web site, we see that the Freedom is on the Western Caribbean Thanksgiving week -- hurray! Now, we just need to convince them to take our money:eek:

I see a couple of the NY Explorer ITNs are up for for May 2008. Maybe they will be straggling in this week???:)

I have contacted a new local TA that I may use for the upcoming cruise. The prices are the same really no matter where you go, some of the sites offer free dinners or spa treatment, and on board credits but I do like using a local TA just in case of a problem. I am leery of using a place that doesn't have a person I can talk to of at least a phone that is answered.

Judi

Archived