Beach wedding in St Thomas

So I finally booked my Cruise and am so excited. I went with Carnival on their new ship the Freedom. The cruise is in April 08. Now I need to plan my wedding. I want to have it on the beach of St Thomas. Has anyone had a wedding on the beach? Who did you use? What location? I was looking at WTIW or Island Bliss. Any feedback would be great :D

Congratulations!!! I originally was to have my beach wedding in St Thomas in Sept of this year but the cruise ships itinerary changed so for many reasons we decided to be wed in Barbados instead. Before the change of plans my fiance and I were booked with Cheryl Toner, a local wedding planner in St Thomas (www.viweddings.com) and she was FABULOUS :D She even refunded all of the $ we had begun to send her to reserve the date (I've read many horror stories of NO REFUNDS so this was a shock!). I did alot of research before I decided to go with her so trust me, contact her! I was in tears when I had to change my St Thomas wedding to Barbados and believe me when I say, I found it EXTREMELY difficult to find a wedding coordinator in Barbados that seems even HALF as efficient as Cheryl was. My Mom still comments about how everything seemed so much more organized with Cheryl compared to my current planning in Barbados. Once you speak to her you'll see what I mean. She will get you ANYTHING you want - just ask! If it's not listed - ASK and you shall receive! She makes you feel like you are the ONLY BRIDE in the world! She may take a few days to get back to you but don't fret! SHE'S WORTH IT!!! Good luck!!!!!!!! Kim :D

We are using WTIW for our wedding in a few more days. We looked at using Princess but did some research and found that it was much cheaper going with WTIW. You get the same package for a third of the price. They have been great to deal with. We fully customized the wedding and still saved a few dollars. We will be getting married at Magens Bay on the 30Th. They have also taken care of reservations and will transport us to Blue Moon café after the wedding. They also offered to take cake picking up our cake from VI Desserts but we had already made our own arrangements with them. I have yet to hear anything bad about them.

Congrats on booking the cruise and planning the wedding!

I am booked on the Carnival Liberty February 2, 2008. I have booked and paid for my wedding on Magens Bay Beach in St. Thomas through www.weddingstheislandway.com I have dealt with Tina and she has been SUPER!

I communicate with her via email and she is on the ball. Good luck!

cbcaper - I can't wait to see your pictures!!!

Congratulations... there are several of us making plans to marry in St. Thomas during a cruise. I'm getting married July 2, 2007 and using Colleen at http://www.simpleislandweddings.com. She is great to work with and willing to do things the way you want them and her price is great. Good luck with your planning. Wanda

Congrats on booking the cruise and planning the wedding!

I am booked on the Carnival Liberty February 2, 2008. I have booked and paid for my wedding on Magens Bay Beach in St. Thomas through www.weddingstheislandway.com I have dealt with Tina and she has been SUPER!

I communicate with her via email and she is on the ball. Good luck!

cbcaper - I can't wait to see your pictures!!!

We are also dealing with tina. She is very quick to reply to any questions. We even sent her emails while she was away and someone would respond for her right away. Best of luck to all of you.

That is very exciting!

I was really surprised when we filled out the online form and made our deposit Tina emailed me the next day with all kinds of questions to determine what sort of wedding we were going for. I have read a lot of posts about people who do their weddings on the ships and having to wait until 2 weeks before the wedding to plan. There is NO WAY I could do that I am way too much of a control freak!

So do you think you will be going for the Magens Bay Beach Location? Thata's what we picked.

We opted for the Tropical Flower Arch too. The pictures on their website are awesome.

Hello all brides to be!!!!

I too am excited about getting married the island way. This will be a second marriage for me and my husband to be, so we decided to do it the fun way this time around. We both love cruising and the islands so this seems to be the perfect thing to do. We are having Colleen from www.simpleislandweddings.com marry us in May. We have two friends that will join us. We wanted something simple, but "right for us" nothing to extravagant. I looked into doing it on the ship, and for just a small ceremony, it was much too expensive. I'd rather spend the extra money on a few more fru-fru drinks in the sun by the pool. HA HA. So far I have spoke to Colleen on the phone, and through Emails, and an very pleased with her. Right now I have to decide which type of ceremony I'd like from a list of different ones, with different vows. I think it'll be the romantic island ceremony. Well good luck girls, I wish you all well and a beautiful wedding and wonderful life!!!!!

I 'm going with the Simplicity Package with a few upgrades.

Do you mind if I ask if you have many guests and if so how you're getting them to your wedding site. Are you having a reception on shore or ship?

Do you mind if I ask if you have many guests and if so how you're getting them to your wedding site. Are you having a reception on shore or ship?

Sorry that I am just getting back to you. I have been so busy, I have not had time to check my emails.

I am having 15 guests, we are planning to use a tour bus to take the guests to Bluebeard's Beach, then on to a tour of the island and shopping; after our champagne toast and pictures. As far as reception, I am soo...on the fence with this. I've looked into the ship as well as lunch at the restaurant in town. I'm really not sure yet. I was hoping you could share some insight with me.

What are your plans?

You can email at vuent@comcast.net

Kimbit,

We're using Leslie with Perfect Weddings also and are getting married June 2 at Secret Harbour. We've been very pleased so far so we're confident your wedding will be wonderful. Congratulations! We'd love to hear how it goes for you.

Kimbit,

We started out with the cruiseship package but we've ended up with a custom package. We wanted to add a photographer, videographer, and additional decorations. Leslie has been very helpful in accommodating all of our requests.

We've finally got all our ceremony/reception plans together so I feel much better. We're doing the cruiseship package and adding extras like photography for 2 hours, flowers for our parents, floral arch etc. We were really on the fence about doing a reception after the ceremony or doing it back on the ship but decided to go with the beach reception as we could not do a private thing on the ship. The restaurant for the reception is right on Bluebeards beach and looks very nice from the picture Leslie sent me yesterday. Let me know if you'd like to see the picture of the restaurant. Any more thoughts to your reception?

Kimbit,

Our wedding is going to be on Secret Harbour Beach. Your wedding plans sound very similar to ours. We also decided on a reception on the beach. We have 17 family members cruising with us but we also have several friends flying to St. Thomas to meet us there so we decided to have everything on the beach so everyone could be included. It would be great to see any pictures you have. My email is justintime4101@hotmail.com. Thanks so much.

Archived