Beach wedding in St Thomas

It sounds fabulous! Thanks Rklemay - that is so nice that Leslie provided parasols. I was thinking of buying a few and having them shipped, so now I won't do that since she has them.

Foreverabridesmaid - we are going with a custom version of the cruiseship package - everything minus the reception. We are having cake and champagne (and punch for the kids). We decided to go with a ceremony later in the afternoon so that we could spend some time (hopefully) during the day with friends and family that are flying to St. Thomas. This is where I'm getting nervous about how to do this, get to the courthouse, and get ready.

We are probably going to have dinner with everyone on the cruise at Chops (one of the specialty restaurants on the ship) since we are missing our early dining seating, but we haven't figured out what to do for those that are flying in.

Rklemay, I do have several questions, so hopefully I won't be too overwhelming. Some of these questions I have asked Leslie, but I don't have the answers yet, or she's not understanding my question. I am waiting for more info., but I'm so excited I can't wait :)

What kind of cake did you have - did you give Leslie a design and the recreated it? If so did that cost extra?

Was the trip to the courthouse quick?

How long before the ceremony did you get to Secret Harbor to get ready?

Did you get your hair and makeup done? On the ship? On the island?

Since there is no rehearsal, how did you know where to go and what to do? (Is my nervousnewss showing yet ) I am having a flowergirl and I'm hoping to give her some guidance beforehand.

Did you have music? We are having a steel pan player for the ceremony and part of the rest of the time.

Fairbrot,

I'm happy to answer your questions. If you have more, just let me know.

What kind of cake did you have - did you give Leslie a design and the recreated it? If so did that cost extra?

We did talk to Leslie about specific designs but it was going to be a little more expensive. We sent her a couple of pictures of what we had in mind, but in the end, we trusted her and we were very happy with the cake. I've tried to attach a picture of the cake. Please forgive the poor quality of the picture as I had to downsize it to get it to fit. We won't have our official wedding pictures for a couple of weeks so this is just a snapshot from one our friends.

Was the trip to the courthouse quick?

The trip to the courthouse took about 40 minutes total. It was really easy. The trip to the courthouse was not part of our package although in hindsight, it would have been good to include it. We just caught a cab at the dock who took us to the courthouse, waited for us, and then took us back to the ship. It cost $50 plus tip for his time and transportation.

How long before the ceremony did you get to Secret Harbor to get ready?

Leslie sent a limo 2 hours before the ceremony to pick me up. My 2 daughters and my husband's daughter went with me to Secret Harbor. The groom and all the other family members were picked up an hour later.

Did you get your hair and makeup done? On the ship? On the island?

One of my daughter's is a hair dresser so she did my hair at the hotel.

Since there is no rehearsal, how did you know where to go and what to do? (Is my nervousnewss showing yet ) I am having a flowergirl and I'm hoping to give her some guidance beforehand. Leslie handled everything. She told us how it would happen and where we all needed to be. She really did a wonderful job.

Did you have music? We are having a steel pan player for the ceremony and part of the rest of the time. Yes. We also had a steel pan player before, during, and after the ceremony and he was great. His music was very appropriate and blended very well into the background. We also had one of our friends sing during the ceremony. Leslie provided a CD player for the accompanying music.

Did you get the aisle decorations (flowers and shells) and/or the circle of flowers? If so were they as pretty as the pictures and were they worth it? We did have flower petals spread in front of the floral arch. We didn't have a full aisle of flowers and we didn't have the circle since we opted for the arch. We were very pleased and thought it was worth it for what we asked for.

Hopefully this helps and hopefully the picture comes through. We'll eventually post all of our pictures as soon as we have time.

Cindy

DSCF1726.jpg.bed2c9d83ca12e715eaae637230093eb.jpg

We've posted a few wedding pictures for anyone interested. We won't have our professional pictures back for a little while so these are just a few pictures taken by one of our friends. The wedding was on Secret Harbour Beach in St. Thomas.

http://family.webshots.com/album/559488694Qayjhs?vhost=family&track_pagetag=/page/photo/family/weddings&track_action=/ViewActions/FullAlbum

Hey ladies, Thank you so much for your St.Thomas pics! They were beautiful to see! Also, thanks for all the positive reviews about Leslie. I have had a feeling all along that she is as good as she seems, and you guys confirm that for me. I'm down to less than two months, I can't wait! We're using Bluebeards with Leslie at Perfect Weddings. I'll keep you all up to date with pics when we return!

Hey ladies, Thank you so much for your St.Thomas pics! They were beautiful to see! Also, thanks for all the positive reviews about Leslie. I have had a feeling all along that she is as good as she seems, and you guys confirm that for me. I'm down to less than two months, I can't wait! We're using Bluebeards with Leslie at Perfect Weddings. I'll keep you all up to date with pics when we return!

I'm sure your wedding will be absolutely perfect. You are in good hands. Leslie will do a great job. We'll be looking to hear all about it when you return. Best of luck to both of you!

• 7 months later...

Thanks everyone for posting all the information regarding weddings in St Thomas. It's been a great help as I'm planning to do the same in January 2009.

I would love to learn more about lunch receptions on the beach after the ceremony if anyone has had one or is planning on having one.

Thanks,

-Danielle

Thanks everyone for posting all the information regarding weddings in St Thomas. It's been a great help as I'm planning to do the same in January 2009.

I would love to learn more about lunch receptions on the beach after the ceremony if anyone has had one or is planning on having one.

Thanks,

-Danielle

Hello,

I was married on Bluebeard's Beach last August. My guests had cocktails and cake while at the site. Our guest were enjoying themselves at bar area while we were taking photos. The site had a shaded outside dining area as well as bar. It was quite intimate with a beautiful view of the water. After wards, we headed into town for a lunch reception at Cuzzin's restaurant. However, if I could do it again, I would've had a lunch reception on the beach.

We would have saved a lot of time and money had we stayed on the beach rather than paying a guide to take us into town. It would have also allowed us to spend more time together.

Wishing you the best,

April:)

I am having a lunch reception on the beach after our ceremony. I am using Paradise Bridal Consultants and can not say enough kinds words about Angela. She allows you to choose buffet or sit down style lunch. She'll ask you what kind of food you are looking to have, example italian, french etc, then she will email you a few different options. We are leaving in three weeks for our wedding, so I'll be sure to give you the exact lunch details.

Melissa

Hello! I just came across this site, and I am so glad I did! We are having our wedding in St. Thomas Dec. 17, 2008. We are about to chose which to go with, either Cheryl with VI Weddings, or Leslie with Perfect weddings of St. Thomas. We are 99% sure we will be having the ceremony at Blue Beards beach. I guess my questions are this… Does anyone have pictures of there ceremonies from Leslie or Cheryl? Another would be if you did have your ceremony at blue beards beach, where did you have your reception, we are having a lunch reception and would love to have it at blue beards beach but I cant find information regarding restaurants there. Thank you for your help!! If you would like to email me, shaunakr@hotmail.com

Hello! I just came across this site, and I am so glad I did! We are having our wedding in St. Thomas Dec. 17, 2008. We are about to chose which to go with, either Cheryl with VI Weddings, or Leslie with Perfect weddings of St. Thomas. We are 99% sure we will be having the ceremony at Blue Beards beach. I guess my questions are this… Does anyone have pictures of there ceremonies from Leslie or Cheryl? Another would be if you did have your ceremony at blue beards beach, where did you have your reception, we are having a lunch reception and would love to have it at blue beards beach but I cant find information regarding restaurants there. Thank you for your help!! If you would like to email me, shaunakr@hotmail.com

Hello,

I sent you an email of my wedding photos. I was wed on Bluebeard's Beach on August 27, 2007. My coordinator was Leslie of Perfect Weddings, she was excellent. I can't say enough about her. You can't go wrong with Leslie.

April

Hello,

I was married on Bluebeard's Beach last August. My guests had cocktails and cake while at the site. Our guest were enjoying themselves at bar area while we were taking photos. The site had a shaded outside dining area as well as bar. It was quite intimate with a beautiful view of the water. After wards, we headed into town for a lunch reception at Cuzzin's restaurant. However, if I could do it again, I would've had a lunch reception on the beach.

We would have saved a lot of time and money had we stayed on the beach rather than paying a guide to take us into town. It would have also allowed us to spend more time together.

Wishing you the best,

April:)

That is great information April. I was considering the idea of doing an island tour or going to a restaurant so our guests could see more of the island, but I think it will be the easiest to just keep everything on the beach. Thanks for sharing your experience!

-Danielle

I am having a lunch reception on the beach after our ceremony. I am using Paradise Bridal Consultants and can not say enough kinds words about Angela. She allows you to choose buffet or sit down style lunch. She'll ask you what kind of food you are looking to have, example italian, french etc, then she will email you a few different options. We are leaving in three weeks for our wedding, so I'll be sure to give you the exact lunch details.

Melissa

Thanks Melissa. I can't wait to hear about your wedding, it sounds great. I haven't picked a wedding planner yet, I was trying to decide between janelle of island bliss weddings and leslie of perfect weddings. I just checked out the paradise bridal consultants website and they had some great packages as well. Did you get the diamond package that included lunch? Were you able to customize it at all?

Thanks,

-Danielle

Hi Danielle,

Yes I did get the diamond package, but I also added things to it to customize it as our own. I also included an open bar and a dj with our package. Angela will do what ever it is that you want. All you have to do is tell her and she puts it together. She even thought of things that I haven't. I have been working with her for the past year and she has been SOOOO helpful. I have not had one ounce of stress. She promptly returns emails and will give you so many ideas.

Melissa

Hi Danielle,

Yes I did get the diamond package, but I also added things to it to customize it as our own. I also included an open bar and a dj with our package. Angela will do what ever it is that you want. All you have to do is tell her and she puts it together. She even thought of things that I haven't. I have been working with her for the past year and she has been SOOOO helpful. I have not had one ounce of stress. She promptly returns emails and will give you so many ideas.

Melissa

Sounds incredible! I can't wait to hear about how it goes!

Thanks,

-Danielle

Danielle,

We were married on Secret Harbour Beach last June and had our reception on the beach in the Blue Moon Restaurant at Secret Harbour. Leslie, our wedding consultant handled everything. It was very easy and also very good food. I'm happy to answer any questions.

Cindy

• 2 weeks later...
Don't worry coasterfreak, I will come back with a full review and picks.. 3 weeks to go, sooo exciting..

Hey Melissa,

I just put a deposit down to work with Paradise Bridal Consultants for my wedding. Thanks so much for passing on the info, Angie and Maria have been fantastic so far. I'm most likely going to end up having something very similar to yours with a Dj, open bar, etc so I'm really looking forward to hear how your wedding turns out. It's almost time for your wedding, you must be so excited!

Thanks,

-Danielle

Hi, I was married on November 28, 2007 on Secret Harbour Beach with Leslie of Perfect Weddings of St. Thomas. I'm emailing you pics of our wedding. We did it at sunset and had cake and champagne on the beach and then hosted dinner at one of the specialty restaurants on the ship (Mariner of the Seas) later that night (we had 43 guests sail with us). We left time to get back, for everyone to rest or change and then meet at the restaurant. Everyone did their own thing in the morning and then Leslie arranged for transportation for everyone from the ship to Secret Harbour in the afternoon for the ceremony and then back again.

Everything was "perfect". I wouldn't have changed a thing and Leslie helped us time everything with the sunset. Let me know if you have any other questions. Oh and we didn't do BlueBeard's Beach only because it is a long walk to get to the ceremony site and we had a few elderly guests with us. Leslie recommended Secret Harbour and that worked out great. Especially since my aunt broke her toe that morning.

Archived