Beach wedding in St Thomas

Hey everyone. I'm thinking about switching my wedding package from RCCL (in their villa) to a private planner (near/on the beach). Can anyone send me pictures of the facilities at Bluebeard's Beach. We have several elderly guests that I need to accomodate (not in wheelchairs), but steps and other things would be problematic.

(fairbrother@verizon.net).

Thanks much!

• 2 weeks later...

We were married on Magen's Bay Beach in St Thomas on March 30, 2007. We used Weddings The Island Way and highly recommend them. They were fantastic. Our wedding was at 10:30am so we were picked up at the ship at 9:45 and were taken to the court house to swear in. It was a quick trip and a simple procedure to go through. Then we were off to Magen's Bay Beach where we were met by Erica (WTIW) , the minister, the photographer, and the steel pan player. It was sooooo beautiful. Everyone was so upbeat and friendly. We could not have picked a better minister ourselves. We found out 2 days before the ceremony that we would need to go through US customs because we were entering US territory again. Our port prior to St Thomas was St. Martin. Every passenger on the ship had to go through customs prior to leaving the ship. Our ship, the Crown Princess started the process at 7:00am. We went to the designated area for 6:45am and were back in our room by 7:10am. So if this happens to you don't panic you will be fine. It's really fast they just look at your passport and tell you to have a nice day. Best of Luck and feel confident with Weddings The Island Way. I would do it again in a second. Oh....if you are looking for a cake you should check out VIDESSERTS. They are on the island and will deliver. We sourced Stacy ourselves via the internet but WTIW also uses her. Her cake was beautiful and yummy. The other thing I should mention is the sand ceremony. Have you heard of it? if not let me know.

cbcaper -

Your wedding sounds like it worked out great! Did you get your pictures yet? I would love to see them! Did you have anyone attend your wedding? We are trying to figure out what we should do about attendants. We only have 10 people so far but hoping to have more. Should we pay for a shuttle or bus to get everyone to the beach? i think WTIW charges like $20.00 per person to get them to and from the location.

We are also getting married in the morning. What did your husband wear? My fiance wants to wear a suit and i tiold him tha the may be too hot.

Sorry for so many questions! Feel free to email me at natalie.viens@snhmc.org

Getting married January 21, 2008 sailing on the Carnival Destiny. I've been doing a ton of research and comparing getting married on the boat in ST Thomas or having the ceremony at a site in St. Thomas. Still not sure what to do!!! HELP!!!:eek:

So I have also been talking to Leslie at Perfect Weddings. We now need to decide whether to go with Bluebeard's Beach or Secret Harbor. Leslie was great and sent the pros and cons of each. The iguanas weren't going over well with my family (uninvited guests at Bluebeard's). It also has a long walk and steps, which would be difficult for my future inlaws who are in their late 70s/early 80s. Although I love the garden area next to the beach. Secret Harbor would be great because that's where they are staying and they wouldn't have far to walk. However it is in full sun. Decisions, decisions. I can't wait until this part is over and all I have to do is wait to set sail.

Getting married January 21, 2008 sailing on the Carnival Destiny. I've been doing a ton of research and comparing getting married on the boat in ST Thomas or having the ceremony at a site in St. Thomas. Still not sure what to do!!! HELP!!!:eek:

I was naughty and hijacked a bride's photo thread. I should be ashamed of myself!!!! I'm sorry!

Here's what I posted there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bridetobe08

Your pictures look fantastic!!! Congratulations. I'm getting married on the carnival destiny Jan 08, I am wondering how much you ended up paying for you pictures. I requested a price list from the cruise line, but they report that i will have to talk to the photographer when i get on board. This makes me a little hesitant!!

We're sailing on Destiny December 30, 2007 and are getting married in Barbados on January 2, 2008. We'll just miss you by a few weeks!

Yes, that is what they do. To me, it gives way too much leeway to be possibly ripped off. One photographer could charge X for their pictures and another could charge Y and get away with it because there is no written price list. They're all employed by Carnival or TWE so why the difference? I could see extra fees if they have to get off the ship and go into a port, but still......

Another big reason why I left Carnival and TWE and went with a coordinator on the island who has no problem pricing UP FRONT and IN A WRITTEN CONTRACT! Financial surprises are not good unless you win the lottery!

If you're going to get married in St. Thomas, I'd definitely get off the ship and get married! St. Thomas is gorgeous!! If you get married on the ship, you have to use Carnival and TWE. If you get married on shore, you have the option of using them or hiring a private coordinator. There are a lot of St. Thomas brides here who LOVE their island coordinators as you can see by the replies in this thread.

So I have also been talking to Leslie at Perfect Weddings. We now need to decide whether to go with Bluebeard's Beach or Secret Harbor. Leslie was great and sent the pros and cons of each. The iguanas weren't going over well with my family (uninvited guests at Bluebeard's). It also has a long walk and steps, which would be difficult for my future inlaws who are in their late 70s/early 80s. Although I love the garden area next to the beach. Secret Harbor would be great because that's where they are staying and they wouldn't have far to walk. However it is in full sun. Decisions, decisions. I can't wait until this part is over and all I have to do is wait to set sail.

We dealt with the same issue as you are. Our parents are older and we wanted to avoid the steps at Bluebeard's. We think Secret Harbour will be great and Leslie at Perfect Weddings has been wonderful to work with. We're getting married on June 5 so we'll know for sure in just over a month.

So I finally booked my Cruise and am so excited. I went with Carnival on their new ship the Freedom. The cruise is in April 08. Now I need to plan my wedding. I want to have it on the beach of St Thomas. Has anyone had a wedding on the beach? Who did you use? What location? I was looking at WTIW or Island Bliss. Any feedback would be great :D

Hello!

It looks like we will be on the same cruise! We are getting married during the cruise at Magen's Bay! I will share more information as I start planning! Congratulations!

So I finally booked my Cruise and am so excited. I went with Carnival on their new ship the Freedom. The cruise is in April 08. Now I need to plan my wedding. I want to have it on the beach of St Thomas. Has anyone had a wedding on the beach? Who did you use? What location? I was looking at WTIW or Island Bliss. Any feedback would be great :D

Chicagogirl08--

What is your departure date? We are leaving April 5th on Freedom, and getting married in St. Thomas!

rklemay - sounds like we are doing something very similar. We have decided to go with Leslie and we are getting married at Secret Harbor. Because we have 36 sailing guests and 14 non sailing, we have decided to go with cake and champagne reception only. I can't wait to hear about your wedding. I'll be checking back in June :)

Leslie customized a package for us based on the cruise ship package - minus the catered reception and adding transporation for all of our guests from the ship. I'm still working with her on what extras we want (that don't cost more). The information sheet is a little confusing so if you have any guidance I would greatly appreciate it.

I LOVE the circle of flowers and conch/bougainvilla aisle, but having trouble seeing that with the turqoise I want to incorporate as my color.

Fairbrot,

We'll be happy to share all the details after the wedding. I'm looking forward to hearing from Kimbit about their wedding. They were also using Leslie at Perfect Weddings and were getting married yesterday. I'm sure it will go well for all of us.

I am also using Leslie at Perfect Weddings! We are getting married August 14 at Bluebeard's Beach, and will be sailing there on the Carnival Triumph. We were engaged last September on the Carnival Miracle. I love Leslie! I am so detailed oriented, but really wish I wasn't b/c I just want to chill out for my wedding. Leslie is so competent that I'm staying pretty relaxed and letting her handle everything- she is awesome! I can't wait to see some other brides pics from their Bluebeard Beach wedding! I'm so glad I found this thread, it is exactly what I've been looking for!

CRNAloves2cruise,

Congratulations! We agree that Leslie has been great to work with. I'm sure your wedding will be perfect. We're sailing on the Triumph too. It's less than 2 weeks until our wedding!

• 2 weeks later...

We're just back from our wedding cruise on the Carnival Triumph. For everyone using Leslie with Perfect Weddings of St. Thomas, you are in great hands. To say that everything was perfect for us was an understatement. Leslie did a great job and we couldn't have been happier. Everything was exactly as we planned to the last detail. Secret Harbour was a beautiful location and our wedding was everything we hoped for. After we get unpacked and get settled in, we'll post more.

Randy and Cindy

We're just back from our wedding cruise on the Carnival Triumph. For everyone using Leslie with Perfect Weddings of St. Thomas, you are in great hands. To say that everything was perfect for us was an understatement. Leslie did a great job and we couldn't have been happier. Everything was exactly as we planned to the last detail. Secret Harbour was a beautiful location and our wedding was everything we hoped for. After we get unpacked and get settled in, we'll post more.

Randy and Cindy

Congratulations! I'm so glad to hear that. I have so many questions, but I'm sure you have tons going on, so I will be patient ;-) I'm so happy for you and glad that everything was "perfect".

Fairbrot,

We're happy to answer any questions you may have. It may be a day or two before we can get back to you, but we're happy to help. By the way, I remember one of your concerns was about Secret Harbour being in full sun. The wedding party is in full sun, but half of our guests were in the shade. For the other half, Leslie provided parasols for them to use to shield the sun. Just let us know of any questions.

I haven't logged on in a while, however; I am glad to hear everything went as planned. I am using Leslie of Perfect Weddings too. I will be wed in St. Thomas on August 27, 2007. I can't wait to see your pictures when you get the time. I am sure you are trying to get back to your normal routine.

As for me. I haven't finalized everything as yet. I know for sure that I am getting married on Bluebeard's, but have no idea what to do regarding a small reception for our additional guest that are flying into the island. We have a total of 20-25 guests. I 'm planning a huge reception, once we return home; so I want to keep it inexpensive (for the island reception.) Any suggestions ladies? I want to go with the Elegance and Splendor package or The Cruise Alternative package. I have concerns about the open air restuartant that is located on the beach. Which is included in the Ship Alternative Package. I don't want my guests to be uncomfortabe. What are your thoughts about the islands temp for an outdoor event?

I have a few more questions, if you don't mind.

What package did you use?

Where the flowers what you expected?

Did you go with a package that included food. If yes, did you think it was worth it?

How long did you remain on the beach after the cermony?

I appreciate your feedback. I am a nervous reck over here. I don't want my guest to be disappointed after traveling such a great distance. I want to be sure that my guest have a great time. However, it is stressing me out!:eek:

Foreverabridesmaid,

I understand the nerves, but Leslie did an incredible job so your wedding will be perfect. Leslie customized a package for us so we did not purchase any of the pre-set packages on her web site. We basically told her what we wanted and she gave us a price and then made it happen.

The flowers were gorgeous. We told Leslie what colors we would like and she came up with something even prettier than we expected. Our package did include food and it was well worth it. We had 25 guests and it provided a great opportunity to sit down with them after the wedding. The menu Leslie put together included jerk chicken, conch fritters, curried chicken salad, and several other items. It was all very good and worth the money to us.

Our ceremony was at 11:30 in the morning and we stayed at the beach until 4:00. We had a room for the day as part of our package so everyone had a place to get ready before the ceremony and the guests could change if they wanted after the wedding. At least half of the group changed into swim suits and ended up in the ocean before the afternoon was over. I'm sure we could have left the beach earlier if we wanted. But since several of our friends had flown to St. Thomas and were staying at the hotel, we wanted to spend as much time with them as we could. Our guests all said they had a great time so I'm sure yours won't be disappointed.

All in all, I wouldn't have changed a thing about our wedding other than a little ocean breeze would have been nice (it was very hot but it was a beautiful day). Everything that Leslie could control was exactly as we planned it.

Good luck with you planning. If you have more questions, just ask.

Foreverabridesmaid,

I understand the nerves, but Leslie did an incredible job so your wedding will be perfect. Leslie customized a package for us so we did not purchase any of the pre-set packages on her web site. We basically told her what we wanted and she gave us a price and then made it happen.

The flowers were gorgeous. We told Leslie what colors we would like and she came up with something even prettier than we expected. Our package did include food and it was well worth it. We had 25 guests and it provided a great opportunity to sit down with them after the wedding. The menu Leslie put together included jerk chicken, conch fritters, curried chicken salad, and several other items. It was all very good and worth the money to us.

Our ceremony was at 11:30 in the morning and we stayed at the beach until 4:00. We had a room for the day as part of our package so everyone had a place to get ready before the ceremony and the guests could change if they wanted after the wedding. At least half of the group changed into swim suits and ended up in the ocean before the afternoon was over. I'm sure we could have left the beach earlier if we wanted. But since several of our friends had flown to St. Thomas and were staying at the hotel, we wanted to spend as much time with them as we could. Our guests all said they had a great time so I'm sure yours won't be disappointed.

All in all, I wouldn't have changed a thing about our wedding other than a little ocean breeze would have been nice (it was very hot but it was a beautiful day). Everything that Leslie could control was exactly as we planned it.

Good luck with you planning. If you have more questions, just ask.

THANK YOU SO MUCH! You have totally put me at ease. I felt very comfortable with Leslie, but you never know. After reading this, I can relax. (At least for today :D ) .

Thanks again,

Forever a bridesmaid

Archived