Marriott or Westin Sydney

kirky

I usually stay at the marriott in college . Its up by the park and close to Oxford street, some great restaurants and David Jones., Its great and I think some of the rooms have a harbour view, which would be great for watching your ship come in.

There is a marriott closer to the harbour but I havent stayed there, though given the choice i would take the marriott over the Westin any day....

good luck..

I would go for the Westin. It was originally the Old Post Office and they have built a newer wing behind the old building. Sometimes you can luck out and be given a room in the lovely heritage building.

It is right in the centre of the city, handy to everything.

Jennie

Stayed at the Marriott Sydney Harbor last week for two nights. Had a great view of the bridge. We also liked the hospitality room which was available when we arrived so early in the morning. Got the hotel on Priceline ~$150/night. Good Luck!

Stayed at the Marriott Sydney Harbor last week for two nights. Had a great view of the bridge. We also liked the hospitality room which was available when we arrived so early in the morning.

Suzanne: Thanks for checking in.....we will be there for Christmas/New Year (and have a Harbour view room...for the New Year fireworks show!) I'm glad to hear that they have a hospitality room for early arrival, too.

I usually stay at the marriott in college . Its up by the park and close to Oxford street, some great restaurants and David Jones., Its great and I think some of the rooms have a harbour view, which would be great for watching your ship come in.

There is a marriott closer to the harbour but I havent stayed there, though given the choice i would take the marriott over the Westin any day....

good luck..

I have also stayed at this hotel and liked it. I had access to the concierge lounge and don't remember the harbor view as being as being all that great. It isn't as nice as the Westin, but it certainly wasn't priced like the Westin either.

Archived