Galveston "ezcruise parking " fiasco

wimberleydlc

We arrived with our internet reservation on 3-10 around 2pm to find out they had no more space. We spent 45 angry minutes out on the street with turn signal on and only moved up in line 2 places. Finally left to Terminal parking where all of the cars that were already stuck in their lot had to be taken. Lots of angry people.:mad:

This happen to us last Dec but it was much longer than 45 min. the best thing to do is drop off one person with the luggage, have them check it in and get in line. The other person park and walk instead of waiting 2 hrs for the shuttle. Of course, that wouldnt help much if it still takes wahile to park. Most of our angry time was waiting for a shuttle.

Yes, we did pay online in advance. Also, our confirmation instructions say to arrive before 3pm. Regardless of arrival time (as long as it's before 3pm) they should have a space for us - they didn't have any problem taking our money. We weren't the only people having this problem. There were about 40 cars waiting and from the looks of it (confirmation in hand), everyone had made a reservation online.

Has anybody parked at lighthouse...

I used the Search this Forum feature with lighthouse as my key word. There were 23 threads at this time, including this one, with the word somewhere in the thread. Perhaps this will help you with your research.

I sincerely hope this information will be satisfactory.

Kat 070106YA43_prv.gif

I used EZ parking for my 5 day cruise in october and it was ok. The fence needed some work and the actual parking area was in more of a warehouse district.

I used lighthouse in February also for a 5 day cruise and the lot is closer to the terminal, the bus was much nicer, the lot was on higher ground and people a little nicer too.

I will use lighthouse again.

If you show up a day early, stop by and they will give you a $5 off coupon to use the next day.

Archived