Constellation - LIVE

excitedofharpenden

Glad you are enjoying our (newly) beloved Constellation (that was the ship Lyn, Mom, and I were on last, 1/07). Glad to hear she is still treating her guests well.

If you have the opportunity, have a look around for Butler 'Rusty ' (or Rasti?) on Deck 6. We were in 6140 and he was our butler. Tell him Hi! from Tom, Lynda, and 'Mom'.

We wont be back on Connie until 08' but we are already looking forward to it.

Enjoy your cruise!

Amigo Tom

We are on this cruise with Phil and he is doing a great job on description so we won't add much. Garry and I are having a great time with him and all the others in our rather large group.

The ship is in good shape (although we were about 2 hours late leaving Ft Lauderdale due to turbine maintenance). But all is well now.

We tried a test flight of our kite yesterday with mixed results. Will probably do our main flying while in port one day soon.

Hi Bob !

I am sorry I am not there with you, and all our Cruise Critic friends on Constellation. Have a great time, and please stay in touch.

We are on this cruise with Phil and he is doing a great job on description so we won't add much. Garry and I are having a great time with him and all the others in our rather large group.

The ship is in good shape (although we were about 2 hours late leaving Ft Lauderdale due to turbine maintenance). But all is well now.

We tried a test flight of our kite yesterday with mixed results. Will probably do our main flying while in port one day soon.

Oooohh, kites are a lot more fun than peanuts!

But you know that is a slippery slope you're on, which could eventually lead to (gasp) parasailing (but what a great view that would be!).

Susan

Phil, I will be in Harpenden tomorrow shopping in Waitrose. I will keep you up to date with the weather if you will fill us in with fine details on the cruise as I will be aboard the next sailing. Full details on the daily programs would be appreciated, Joanne

Phil,

We are going on the Connie T/A on 4/13. If you see the Captain (he usually is in the Cova Cafe smoking and drinking coffee), ask him if he will be on our T/A in April. We have sailed with him twice before but were told he may not be remaining on the ship.

Randy and Joyce

It's great to see so many posts here on this thread. I will try to keep up as best I can, but at 43 cents a minute it is still expensive, even if much better than before.

Oh barbie, I wish I could say I enjoyed Perry, but alas he really isn't my cup of tea at all. I don't "get him", but then I guess many people wouldn't get my choice of music either. Our tastes don't meet I'm afraid;)

Mum of Two, my best friends live in Edlesborough, in Pebblemoor. If I'm not in Waitrose I can be found in your village too:) Small world.

OK, a bit about what we are up to. I have to say than Enrico and the stewards on the other decks are superb. We have taken over the aft of the ship somewhat and even a mention of wanting a different lounge chair to another room steward on another floor results in finding your preferred chair on the balcony when you return. Our stewards and assistant are proving themselves to be very special with a great sense of humour to boot.

I have to tell you about our ship excursion today in St Maarten. We did the "Natural Wonders" tour. We did laugh a bit as our first stop was a zoo. I guess there idea of "natural" differs to mine. We had a good day and drove through the French quarter along the narrow streets. What happened next rates up there with the excitement of zip lining or absailing 200 feet. Apparently our driver had side swiped a car down a narrow street. We never felt anything. I had been wondering what the constant car horn and banging on the back of the coach when we stopped briefly was. A little further down the road we had to make an emergency stop (yes it was very abrupt) as a car overtook us and swerved in front to a halt. We were then subjected to what I can only dexcribe as the most out of control woman I have ever seen boarding the bus (or anywhere else for that matter), switching off the engine and refusing to leave. Lots of very bad language, I sat there in stunned silence as others told her to get off the bus, which she only did when she was given the office address of the tour firm. I gave the driver a good tip as he may need it for his bail money:D What an experience!

The air is now that humid, warm Caribbean style and we are now underway to St Lucia, where we have a tour with Frank. He's supposed to be good.

OK, got to look down the messages here.

Jill, Bill and Marilynn are a delight. I'm going to meet them in the Martini Bar shortly (where of course all the best people meet!) and I'll say hi.

Susan, Bob found a couple of peanuts courtesy of the zoo today. All I need to do is find a missile of some sort;)

Bob, we are sitting with Cheryl and Ed for dinner and I will surely rib them as you ask.

Dianne, nice to hear from you!

Karyn, we all wore our Night Owls shirts. I can't remember if we took a photo. Cosmos do that to the memory. I'm sure someone obliged:)

Ann, Ocha remembers you. Louis, you may be thinking of someone else as Ocha says he hasn't been on Century.

It's nearly Martini time. We are having such a great time on this ship. Everyone is so friendly, including all the dining room waiters at breakfast and lunch. They really do reciprocate if you are friednly to them.

Tom, if I manage it to the dizzy heights of the Penthouse deck, I'll say hi to Rusty.

Anne, there is much talk of future cruise on this trip. Whether Connie in 2/08 fits remains a question, but she sure is a wonderful place to be with an equally wonderful crew.

Phil (with apols for any 43 cent per minute spelling or grammar mistakes)

Hi Phil, I hope you're having a good time, I saw this post that said you were live on the Connie, I was on there last year, I had a good time, so I have to assume, you're having a good time, I guess I could read your post and find out, but I'm just too busy to pretend to read your post!

I hope you enjoy the rest of your cruise, that is if you're enjoying it now, if not, I hope it ends quickly!

Your American friend Newt!

Hi Phil! Glad you are having such a great time. Really am enjoying your posts. Please say hello to everyone for me!

If you see Don Fluke would you tell him 'hi' and ask what ship he will be on next?

Keep posting and we'll keep reading!

BTW, Terri has a grandbaby! A little boy, Carter Evan, 7 lbs 11 oz by c-section this afternoon. Mother and baby are fine. Pls pass that along.

Andy, what happened to your mom? I must have missed that.

Hi Phil! Glad you are having such a great time. Really am enjoying your posts. Please say hello to everyone for me!

If you see Don Fluke would you tell him 'hi' and ask what ship he will be on next?

Keep posting and we'll keep reading!

BTW, Terri has a grandbaby! A little boy, Carter Evan, 7 lbs 11 oz by c-section this afternoon. Mother and baby are fine. Pls pass that along.

Andy, what happened to your mom? I must have missed that.

Hi Gail !

I heard from Don Fluke the other day (We try to stay in touch). Don is on Constellation for about another month, then should be back on Constellation from Mid July - Mid November. Don is a really great guy. I was truly looking forward to seeing him again.

As for Mom, if you would be kind enough to send me a quick email (so I can reply to your email address) I will respond to you about Mom privately.

Astin in the Rendezvous lounge actually makes the best martini's! Tell him Shawn and Julie from California sent you and I will personally refund your money if it is not superb! He has taken care of me on two cruises ad I can't wait to go visit him again.

Who are your waiters?

Greetings! Can you tell me if they have changed or updated the menus as on Millennium? And have there been in changes to Ocean Liners? We will be in #7131 for eleven days starting next Monday and cannot wait!

Oh, one last queery; how are the mattresses?

Hi Phil, glad you are having such a wonderful time:)

Just returned from one of your favorite ships;) Mercury...she

is still outstanding.

Andy.....Diego is on board Mercury now....it was

so great to see him again:D and I sent him your

best wishes too.

Just returned from one of your favorite ships;) Mercury...she

is still outstanding.

Andy.....Diego is on board Mercury now....it was

so great to see him again:D and I sent him your

best wishes too.

Hi Lois !

Welcome home. I am happy to hear you had a great time, and that you saw Diego. Thank you for sending my regards. I hope we will see him again on a future sailing.

Andy, I started a thread about my cruise...somewhere on this

front page.

Click on it and it will give you a brief idea of my 8 nights.:)

I will try and post a full review later.....gotta start laundry:(

Hope your Mom is feeling better!!!!

Phil -

Thanks again for the information you have posted at this point. I love reading the live updates. Could you ask one of the cruise director staff members if they know the estimated kid count for the 4/2 sailing. I am curious to know. Are there many kids on the ship now?

Hi Phil - I'm glad you're having a great cruise. Would you please let all the owls know that Cindy had the baby yesterday and I'm the proud grandma of a beautiful baby boy! His name is Carter Evan Murphy and he weighs 7lbs and 11oz. Sorry to go off topic but I know they wanted to know!

Terri

Archived