Cafe Promenade on the Royal Promenade is a sidewalk cafe

We would always stop by there after coming in from the sun, before getting ready to go to late-seating dinner... the sandwiches, cookies and pizza are all tasty!! The coffee drinks are yummy as well (for a fee as previously mentioned) and on the Explorer of the Seas, Ben and Jerry's was also located at the Cafe Promenade!! You could imagine that it was difficult picking what I wanted to snack on each day!! It was a good thing that we had plenty of days to try everything!!

I'm sitting here thinking about walking around the promenade and I have butterflies in my stomach! Does this ever happen to you when you think about cruising? I don't ever remember getting as excited about any land vacations we've ever taken. :D

BonnieVoyager....I'm happy to hear the pizza was hidden from sight when you were on the ship too! I will be sure to ask for it from now on. I had said to DH that I wished they served pizza (when we were aboard last time).

TDotCruisr....I am the same way. I love to roam around the ship and see everything. Now you will have a mission to find that disco, and I will have a pizza mission. ;)

Can't believe you missed the "pizza", but don't fret, I ate enough of it for the two of us. It was really good!!!!! I think the reason you didn't see it was that as soon as they brought it out, it was GONE. You usually had to wait a few minutes for it. Anyway, thanks for your share!!!!!!!!:D

I'm sitting here thinking about walking around the promenade and I have butterflies in my stomach! Does this ever happen to you when you think about cruising? I don't ever remember getting as excited about any land vacations we've ever taken. :D

...and the closer I get to my next cruise the more pronounced the butterflies get! I am tingling all over right now because I leave for my next cruise in just over ONE WEEK!!!!!! :D

My DS (6) and I are huge night owls..DH is lights out at 1000 :rolleyes:

On Mariner in Oct...about 1pm we would sneak down (occasionally in our sleep clothes :eek: ) for sandwich's cookies and coke...We never told DH,until one night he found our hidden stash of extras and other evidence!!! We kept telling him that we had no idea,and it was not until he threatened to report our Steward for poor cleaning/eating in our room that we let him in on it...He was a little miffed...

Not to mention that we left the room at that time of night without him knowing...In hindsight...maybe not the brightest thing i have ever done...But we loved it.(we need a little piggy smiley)

My DS (6) and I are huge night owls..DH is lights out at 1000 :rolleyes:

On Mariner in Oct...about 1pm we would sneak down (occasionally in our sleep clothes :eek: ) for sandwich's cookies and coke...We never told DH,until one night he found our hidden stash of extras and other evidence!!! We kept telling him that we had no idea,and it was not until he threatened to report our Steward for poor cleaning/eating in our room that we let him in on it...He was a little miffed...

Not to mention that we left the room at that time of night without him knowing...In hindsight...maybe not the brightest thing i have ever done...But we loved it.(we need a little piggy smiley)

Next time, bring a spiral notebook for communicating. Then you can sneak out with your son for your late night snacks, and if hubby were to wake up, he'd see the note. What a fun vacation memory for your son! :D

My 7yr old son and I loved going down about 6:15am or so before our deck walk and seeing and chatting with Alton (great staff member on the Mariner who worked at the Cafe in the am), grabbing a cookie or muffin and water and then heading up for a multi lap deck walk before my wife and my other son (3 yrs old) - they are both more night owl types :eek: woke up.

Cheers

Jason

My friend would get a cookie, top with soft serve ice cream (yogurt) and top with another cookie...voila! Your total caloric intake allowance for the day, in your hand. YUM-O!!

Uh oh I see SOMEBODY gets their R&R!!!! :p

Great idea though! :)

My friend would get a cookie, top with soft serve ice cream (yogurt) and top with another cookie...voila! Your total caloric intake allowance for the day, in your hand. YUM-O!!

Great idea - thanks!

Archived