Am I unrealistic to expect to pay this price again for a Cat. BB?

March Cruiser

We just returned from a fabulous trip on the Grand, we absolutely loved every minute of it! Of course we put down our deposit for a future cruise but now that I am looking at the prices, I am wondering if I got some awesome deal or something, because everything else is much more. We sailed out of Galveston, and I booked one of the last 5-6 rooms on the Caribe deck, so i am not sure if they we having a hard time filling them and droped the price... any ideas??

We paid $849 a person for a Caribe balcony. Is that really low or can I expect to get that price again on another 7 day cruise?

TIA!

Chandra

Its a good price. A lot of the prices I have seen were higher, however, it depends a lot on the port and the ship. Some ships are more expensive. Florida has generally cheaper prices.

Im just sad to see the Grand leaving Galveston. I wanted another cruise on her.

That sounds like a good deal but not an impossible deal. I typically book a cabin for about that price. I am happy with any cabin and so I don't know anything about the various cat. classifications.

I think you have to book with an internet TA to get that price though. I would be surprised if Princess has that price.

sbmizzou

That is not an uncommon price for balcony's after final payment. Did you book within 75 days of the cruise?

I paid $699 for a balcony on the Star Princess in December (this was booked 6 months out). Actually, I rarely pay more than $750 for a balcony pp (doesn't matter what cateogory). I usually book in the last 60 - 90 days.

I have rarely paid over $999 pp for a minisuite in the Caribbean for a 7 night.

Believe it or not, we paid less than that for a minisuite on Grand Princess in December. Rates out of Galveston were almost ridiculously low. I just got a Captain's Circle mailer that had some very low prices on Mexican Riviera cruises for next fall.

$1484 for a guar balcony - for two people plus $50.00 ship board credit and a deposit of only $200.00 - of course add our $100.00 shipboard credit from our FCC and its a really good deal. (caribbean Princess)

Last month during the February President's school vacation week I got the price of $960 per person. This was for a mini suite on the Star and included taxes and port charges. This was probably one of the best prices but I have gotten quite close to this. I keep a close eye on the prices on the internet. It was a great cruise.:o

We paid $849 a person for a Caribe balcony. Is that really low or can I expect to get that price again on another 7 day cruise?

TIA!

Chandra

I think a huge factor is the time of year and where you choose to cruise. For instance, cruising the Caribbean or Alaska in the peak summer months (late June-early August) IMO, that price may not even get you an inside cabin.

Archived