What Is Wrong With Glory?

Molly BPOE

It seems that no matter where I look, Glory is consistantly priced lower than other ships. I was just on that internet site where people compete for your buisness and Glory was listed several different times in the specials. What gives? It the ship worn out? Why is it always cheaper?:confused:

it might be cheaper because some people tend to fall off this ship???:D

On the serious side, it is an older ships compared to the newer, mega ships that we are currently seeing.

The Carnival Glory is a conquest class ship, which is currently Carnival's largest ship class. The ship is less than 5 years old.

We just sailed on the Glory and returned 3/3/07- The ship is not worn out- It sails out of a greqat port-Port Canaveral- The crew is nice- ffod is good and It is beautiful-So don't be wary -just enjoy it & the great prices-It is large at 110,000 tons- I personally didn't like the layout of 2 dining rooms but that is the same on all of the Conquest class ships- You will love the beds and the rooms are very nice.

I'd guess law of averages, the Glory holds 2,900+ passengers so they can swing charging less.

It also depends on the time of year you sail. Our first cruise on Glory was a year ago first of May and we paid $900 pp for a balcony gurantee. Our 2nd cruise on Glory will be this coming Sept. during hurricane season and we have an aft balcony cabin for less than $650 pp, it pays to book early.:D

it's just a huge ship, so they have to fill the ship, hence lower rates. Personally.. it's so large maybe if they lsoe a few people who are lost the entire cruise, they'd never know.

we got a balcony on the inagural cruise.. not as nice as the Elation which is a much smaller ship

One of the issues may be it isn't as popular with fly-in guest because the airport is 45 minutes away.

But then that would make it only have as bad as the Conquest.

Also the Valor and Liberty are newer ships and a days sail closer to the islands.

It seems that no matter where I look, Glory is consistantly priced lower than other ships. I was just on that internet site where people compete for your buisness and Glory was listed several different times in the specials. What gives? It the ship worn out? Why is it always cheaper?:confused:

We love the Glory:) :) :) :)

There is nothing wrong with the Glory. We did her twice. She is a great ship. We had done the newer ones too like Liberty last year. I don't agree .It is a lot better than Elation. There aren't even refrigerators in the room. I think Glory was a lot better than Elation. I would rather go out of Port Canaveral anyday than Ft Lauderdale. Last 4 cruises out of Ft lauderdale were a nightmare. Pt CAnaveral is so much easier.

we took the glory out of port canaveral... the elation also was out of the same port.. we had a refrigerator, full bar, balcony and king sized bed. Twice the size of the room on the glory.

In other words, a suite. :rolleyes:

There is nothing wrong with the Glory. We did her twice. She is a great ship. We had done the newer ones too like Liberty last year. I don't agree .It is a lot better than Elation. There aren't even refrigerators in the room. I think Glory was a lot better than Elation. I would rather go out of Port Canaveral anyday than Ft Lauderdale. Last 4 cruises out of Ft lauderdale were a nightmare. Pt Canaveral is so much easier.

We have sailed the Glory and loved her. We are sailing on the Elation Saturday 3/31/07. This is our 5th cruise and 4th on the Fantasy class. We seem to enjoy the Fantasy class better as it is a smaller ship.

As I stated above, we plan on sailing the Glory again, but please, do not put down the Fantasy class ships. Some of us enjoy this class.

Archived