Miami hotels

sstephy

I suspect this thread will soon be moved.

I suggest Priceline. Specify "downtown" and "three star". I've had the downtown Hyatt for $55 a couple of years ago. I've also had Double Tree.

Both are great properties but Hyatt is Fantastic and close to the people mover.

We were on the Valor last Dec. We stayed at the Intercontinental Hotel right on the water. $89.00 per nite on priceline. Beautiful hotel, exceptional service. Water walkway to Bayside Village. I would go back in a heartbeat.

Ask for port view and you can see the ships from your window.

My favorite in Miami is the Marriott overlooking biscayne bay. If you get a balcony you can see the cruise port and watch the cruise ships come and go. They have a shuttle to the port takes all of about five minutes to get to your ship.

We used the Holiday Inn, Port of Miami last year in March for our Valor Cruise. The Holiday Inn is in the best location, right across the street from Bayside Market. Great Hotel with great room service for breakfast. Our room was 901 and we had a view of the ships at the cruise terminal. We will be booking this hotel for next year also.

Go here to see more pictures and read about the Holiday Inn: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=316151

The Address is 340 Biscayne Blvd

attachment.php?attachmentid=18590&d=1142713358

This is a picture from the room, over looking Bayside Market and the Port of Miami, you can see a few ships in the background, thats how close you are.

attachment.php?attachmentid=18549&d=1142686699

While you are there, go to South Beach Deco District and have breakfast at one of their outdoor cafes.

attachment.php?attachmentid=18569&d=1142702590

Then go check out Kat Von D at Miami Ink :D

attachment.php?attachmentid=18568&d=1142702261

Thanks for the advice. We're saving our partying for the cruise, so we're not into the South Beach party scene. I'm not a big Miami fan anyway, so the less time I'm there, the better! (sorry Miami). Your info was helpful -- thanks so much. If you have any more info to share, awesome!

DW & I are sailing NCL Jewel. We're not club type people just looking for a clean comfortable hotel where we can do some sight seeing to Parrot Jungle and Garden, Metrozoo, or Miami Seaquarium. Not sure if we want to rent a car- so close to Masstransit would be a plus inaddition to getting a shuttle to the peir.

Thanks for the advice. We're saving our partying for the cruise, so we're not into the South Beach party scene. I'm not a big Miami fan anyway, so the less time I'm there, the better! (sorry Miami). Your info was helpful -- thanks so much. If you have any more info to share, awesome!

Well with that being said...lol These would be a few of my hotel suggestions:

1) Sheraton Miami Mart Hotel - 11 miles from Cruiseline Terminal in the Blue Lagoon Business District, very close to the Miami Int'l Airport.

2) DoubleTree Grand Hotel - 1 mile from Cruiseline Terminal right on Bayshore Drive in the heart of downtown Miami and you can walk to mostly everything as well as the Terminal...lol

3) Hyatt Regency Miami - Less than a mile from the Cruiseline Terminal, right next door to the Miami Convention Center in the heart of downtown Miami.

4) JW Marriott Hotel Miami - 1 1/2 miles from the Cruiseline Terminal, right in the heart of downtown Miami.

Again, there are tons of hotels in the Miami Downtown/Airport area however I can speak of these hotels due to having either stayed/visited each of them previously. They all are very nice hotels. I hope this info helps.

Jay

If you take a taxi from the airport to your hotel, the cost will vary by the Zone in which your hotel is located. The flat rate for Taxi's ranges from about $20-$40 in the Miami area.

Are the flat rates posted at the taxi stands? How does one know what zone the hotel is in (other than asking the hotel itself I suppose)?

What a shame. If you'd venture out further than downtown and the airport, you'd find out what a fantastic, vibrant, multicultural, fabulous place Miami is.

Try the Doubletree Coconut Grove.

Are the flat rates posted at the taxi stands? How does one know what zone the hotel is in (other than asking the hotel itself I suppose)?

...Yes the flat rates are posted inside of each taxi and at the taxi stand right outside of baggage claim where you would get into the taxi. You can also contact your hotel to ask them what Zone they are in as well prior to your arrival.

We used the Holiday Inn, Port of Miami last year in March for our Valor Cruise. The Holiday Inn is in the best location, right across the street from Bayside Market. Great Hotel with great room service for breakfast. Our room was 901 and we had a view of the ships at the cruise terminal. We will be booking this hotel for next year also.

Do they have a shuttle to the terminal at this Holiday Inn? Can you leave your car in their parking garage while you are on the cruise?

I am wondering the same thing as the OP. We will be driving into Miami from Orlando but don't want to do that the day of the cruise. We want to spend a night in Miami and just have the short trip to the terminal. Am I correct that hardly any hotel provides a shuttle to the terminal? The Extended Stay on 15th has said we could leave our car there and just take a taxi to the terminal but is that a safe idea or would we be better to just park at the terminal and pay the $ there. (Extended Stay would not charge.)

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have lived in FL a long time but Miami (other then the Univ. of Miami Medical Center) is all strange to me.

I am also interested in this hotel, I would appreciate it if one can answer a question regarding the parking. Is the parking a garage or lot attached to the hotel or it is located somewhere else. I understand there is a fee, any idea what it is? Thanks in advance.

...As I posted in another thread inquiring about the same. Here are a few hotel suggestions in the Miami downtown area. Do keep in mind that there are SEVERAL hotels to choose from...

1) Sheraton Miami Mart Hotel - 11 miles from Cruiseline Terminal in the Blue Lagoon Business District, very close to the Miami Int'l Airport.

2) DoubleTree Grand Hotel - 1 mile from Cruiseline Terminal right on Bayshore Drive in the heart of downtown Miami and you can walk to mostly everything as well as the Terminal...lol

3) Hyatt Regency Miami - Less than a mile from the Cruiseline Terminal, right next door to the Miami Convention Center in the heart of downtown Miami.

4) JW Marriott Hotel Miami - 1 1/2 miles from the Cruiseline Terminal, right in the heart of downtown Miami.

Again, there are tons of hotels in the Miami Downtown/Airport area however I can speak of these hotels due to having either stayed/visited each of them previously. They all are very nice hotels. I hope this info helps.

For those seeking to stay in the South Beach area I have quite a few suggestions of where to stay in that area if you so choose, so just let me know.

Jay

hi yes, please help jay! we r interested in the beach area. i found a few (hotels) up in sunny isles, thought about renting a car and droppin it off close to the port. any info on hotels (doesnt have to be south beach)? have been there several times, looking for something maybe on collins ave? we may go down a few days b4 to enjoy to the beach. have been in the area several times, fine driving up and down collins but dont want to mess with miami to much..in fact,w e would love to stay a bit north of all the traffic of south beach..thanks for any info! cindy

hi yes, please help jay! we r interested in the beach area. i found a few (hotels) up in sunny isles, thought about renting a car and droppin it off close to the port. any info on hotels (doesnt have to be south beach)? have been there several times, looking for something maybe on collins ave? we may go down a few days b4 to enjoy to the beach. have been in the area several times, fine driving up and down collins but dont want to mess with miami to much..in fact,w e would love to stay a bit north of all the traffic of south beach..thanks for any info! cindy

Ok, since you asked you shall receive...lol Since it appears that you would prefer to be in the less congested area of South Beach I have some hotels you may like. The bulk of the traffic in South Beach lies between 5th Street - 17th Street from Ocean Drive to Pennsylvania Avenue. That's pretty much where the "THICK OF THINGS" are in S. Beach. Though there is the infamous Niki Beach on 1st & Ocean! :)

There are tons of hotels that extend all the way down Collins Avenue into the North Miami Beach area quite a ways, so it mostly depends on how far out you want to be and how far you want to drive down to check out S. Beach.

Here are my suggestions, some near the edge of the thick of things and some quite beyond it...and as you requested ALL are on Collins Avenue... :)

Nassau Suite @ 14th & Collins

Royal Palms @ 15th & Collins

Sagamore Hotel @ 16th & Collins

The National @ 16th & Collins

Catalina Hotel & Beach Club @ 17th & Collins

The Dorset Hotel @ 17th & Collins

Holiday Inn South Beach @ 22nd & Collins

Lorraine Hotel @ 26th & Collins

The Palms South Beach @ 30th & Collins

Riu Florida Beach Hotel @ 31st & Collins

Circa 39 @ 39th & Collins

FontaineBelau Tower Suites @ 44th & Collins

Seacoast Suites @ 51st & Collins

Deauville Beach Resort @ 67th & Collins

DoubleTree OceanPoint Resort & Spa @ 173rd & Collins

WHEW! LOL...

Ok, there you go I hope this helps as I'm sure at least ONE of these hotels you guys should like right? LOL....

Jay

Jay,

You have such a wealth of knowledge! My question is simply, we live in Orlando, just want a place to spend the night and hopefully leave our car for less than the terminal costs. I have MS and driving down the day of the cruise would be just too much on me. We don't need to sightsee or do much, just a bed to sleep in for the night. Do you know anything about the Extended Stay Brickell on 15th? They said we could even leave our car there for the cruise at no charge. Any feedback would be great!

thank-you jay!! i didnt mean for u to work so hard!! the farther away from s beach the better for us. we have done all that in the past, no we just want to chill on the beach for a few days, no crowds, eat seafood, have a few drinks and we dont really care where, just get me outa this place!!! this is why i was looking at sunny isles, kinda up and away. i am familar with collins but i do not know the street numbers, are any of these hotels well north of the hustle and bustle? we dont mind driving, just didnt want to stay as far north as hollywood or hallendale..makes sat morning a bit easier with a shorter drive.. thanks for all the help!!

cindy

Archived