Miami hotels

sstephy

I just recently stayed at sofitel miami, it's close to the airport but for one night the price was right did have a nice view of a lagoon. Please was really clean and the service was the best free airport shuttle and $10 shuttle per person to port miami in a van with a trailer on the back for luggage. much cheaper than a taxi or limo to the port. Took only 15 to get there and the driver took us right to the ship, no problem and was more than willing to go to any other ship you might need.

Hello sstephy,

Me and my DH stayed at the embassy suites in october 2006. We loved the hotel and the room. the employees were always exceptionally nice and helpful. this was our first cruise and we needed alot of help. it is the closest hotel to the airport and i thought it would be a problem with the airplanes but i never heard a thing. now there is some parts that i thought could have been updated but all in all a great stay. they have a free breakfast buffet that was wonderful. hope this is helpful. have a great cruise.

Thank you SO much Rosie, Knowing of your experience is very helpful and reassuring. :)

We have to leave the hotel very early in the morning and will probably miss the breakfast buffet. Do you remember when they start it in the morning? I'd love to grab something to eat there instead of at the airport. :p

Thanks again!

I haven't had any experience staying at the two hotels you mentioned, but I used to go to Miami at least 5 or 6 times a year on business, and always stayed at the Mariott complex located on NW LeJuene (42nd St.), which is 5 minutes from the airport.

They have a free shuttle marked Mariott Hotel South, and the hotel is in a gated complex and consists of the Mariott hotel (full service); Courtyard Hotel, (middle range/business); and the Fairfield (most ecomomical). The shuttles to and from the airport run every 15 minutes. I always stay here and recommend it very highly if you are open to other hotels than the two you originally mentioned.

Mary

Thank you Mary,

I had already checked out the Mariott and Courtyard. I need a room that is suite size and has comfortable sleeping for 4 - in separate beds if possible. :)

Not that we're opposed to sharing, but we'd all be MUCH more comfortable if we had our own. Unfortunately Mariott and Courtyard are traditional hotels with 1 - 2 beds per room, no sofa's, etc.and we're traveling w/2 teen boys. :D

The ownership of the Mariott group of hotels is top notch and they run quality establishments.

I think we're going to give Embassy Suites a try - unless something else comes up in the next week. :rolleyes: I will post my experiences - both good and bad when I return.

Keep the suggestions coming. I appreciate all of your help. :)

You may be able to get a good rate for the Holiday Inn Dowtown Port of Miami through The Miami Central Visitors Bureau. We had difficulty getting a reservation for May 19 but we lucked out on the tourism site. They not only had a block of rooms, they were 50% cheaper than anywhere else on the internet. We were very pleased. We stayed there in 2005 and loved the location. Hotel check in was chaos because we arrived at 10:30 in the morning, and did not get a room until 4:30 pm as there was a huge Techno Dance festival, and the hotel was really busy. The Bayside Market was terrific and we booked a Miami tour through there as well. Even a dollar store for the little items you forgot to pack. Lots of free entertainment and wonderful restaurants. You won't be disappointed. Wish we had been able to go one day early again this year. Oh well, there is always another time.

We used the Holiday Inn, Port of Miami last year in March for our Valor Cruise. The Holiday Inn is in the best location, right across the street from Bayside Market. Great Hotel with great room service for breakfast. Our room was 901 and we had a view of the ships at the cruise terminal. We will be booking this hotel for next year also.

Go here to see more pictures and read about the Holiday Inn: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=316151

The Address is 340 Biscayne Blvd

attachment.php?attachmentid=18590&d=1142713358

This is a picture from the room, over looking Bayside Market and the Port of Miami, you can see a few ships in the background, thats how close you are.

attachment.php?attachmentid=18549&d=1142686699

While you are there, go to South Beach Deco District and have breakfast at one of their outdoor cafes.

attachment.php?attachmentid=18569&d=1142702590

Then go check out Kat Von D at Miami Ink :D

attachment.php?attachmentid=18568&d=1142702261

well i know this thread is going to get moved but airport is always cheaper than near the port. The view is even a bit instertinng if your into planes. I stayed at sofitel miami nice place clean well run free airport shuttle and $10 per person shuttle to the port and it's about 10-15 minutes to get there with traffic. Not a bad deal when a taxi can cost upwards of $30 shuttle ran at 11am 12pm 1pm and 1:30pm to the port any ship you need to go to of course

We used the Holiday Inn, Port of Miami last year in March for our Valor Cruise. The Holiday Inn is in the best location, right across the street from Bayside Market. Great Hotel with great room service for breakfast. Our room was 901 and we had a view of the ships at the cruise terminal. We will be booking this hotel for next year also.

Go here to see more pictures and read about the Holiday Inn: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=316151

The Address is 340 Biscayne Blvd

attachment.php?attachmentid=18590&d=1142713358

This is a picture from the room, over looking Bayside Market and the Port of Miami, you can see a few ships in the background, thats how close you are.

attachment.php?attachmentid=18549&d=1142686699

While you are there, go to South Beach Deco District and have breakfast at one of their outdoor cafes.

attachment.php?attachmentid=18569&d=1142702590

Then go check out Kat Von D at Miami Ink :D

attachment.php?attachmentid=18568&d=1142702261

Holiday Inn, down town Biscayne Bay. Right across the street form Baysidemarketplacedotcom. walking distaqnce to lots over eateries and you can see the ship in the morning.

I have to agree with BigMember I've stayed here and I enjoyed it. I would go and stay there again in a heartbeat, alot of fun across the street. Good drinks at Fat Tuesdays and Bubba Gump Shrimp is across the street for some good food and beer.:D

I have to agree with BigMember I've stayed here and I enjoyed it. I would go and stay there again in a heartbeat, alot of fun across the street. Good drinks at Fat Tuesdays and Bubba Gump Shrimp is across the street for some good food and beer.:D

I stayed here too. I agree it was really nice and I am a hotel snob....so I know. ;) :D

This time I am staying at Mandarin Oriental and you would *think* they had a shuttle to the pier...nope. But I can get a towncar for $121 each way. :eek: You would think for the money, they could afford a hotel shuttle.

We're staying at the Radisson downtown in a few weeks so I'll give you a report in May when we're back home.

We booked it through priceline for a bid of $69 but I also saw on their website they have a package which includes a shuttle to the port and breakfast for $109 the dates we were travelling. Reviews on tripadvisor are generally bad, but for $69, its hard to complain.

If you check the East Coast Departure boards from the main boards, (which this will probably be moved to), you'll find tons of info. The Holiday Inn across from Bayside Marketplace is ideal. I've also stayed at the downtown Hyatt which is close to Bayside and also good. Bayside has all kinds of restaurants, shops, things to do etc. But if you check that board and scan the threads for Miami hotels you'll find all kinds of info. Have fun!:D

Although we were anything but thrilled with the place, it is convenient, a ok location, you can see the ships if you ask for an upper floor and the Bayside Marketplace is really fun. The rooms are clean, with relatively new decor. It is the service we had a problem with. Food service in the dining room may have been the worst we ever had, the rooms were not cleaned until about 4pm and the pool area is nothing. Would we stay there again? Yes, for the money we paid. I think it was about $90 per night, not bad for Miami. They don't have a shuttle to the port (not a free one anyway) nor from the airport. If staying near the port isn't a must I would suggest the Hampton Inn or the Embassy suites near the airport. They do offer free shuttle from the ariport. NMnita

We stayed at the Bal Harbor resort. It was very nice. We booked through priceline it was $175 per night, Great pool area right on the beach. Aprox 10 miles from the port. Easy drive, would stay there again

Archived