Princess may be developing a credit card!

MCManders99

You know I had a tough day at work and decided to just take a look at corporate jobs in the cruise industry. Here's something that I came across that some may like to know. Princess is looking for someone to develop a credit card. Any Takers????

We have an opening for a Product Manager, Credit Card in our corporate headquarters, located in Santa Clarita, CA. The selected candidate will be responsible for managing the entire product line life cycle from strategic planning to launch and on-going management of a new Princess Cruises credit card. This includes managing the product throughout the product lifecycle, gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product vision, and working closely with other departments in order to deliver a winning product. The Product Manager's job also includes ensuring that the product supports the company's overall strategy and goals.

Specific Responsibilities include:

· Develop and implement a market plan, working with all departments to execute.

· Liaise with the bank and marketing department in order to design and launch direct mail and email campaigns.

· Work with financial department and the bank to set up financial and point reporting processes. Ensure that bank is adhering to financial terms of the contract.

Develop and maintain policies and procedures for onboard marketing and fulfillment.

Work with Public Relations to promote card. Review marketing materials, review and update marketing plans, develop budget and forecast, review and implement new version(s) of credit card, and develop sales scripts for personnel onboard.

Partner with various internal departments in order to successfully launch and maintain the product.

Requirements:

· Bachelor’s degree is a must. MBA degree is preferred

· Minimum 5 years of work experience

· Minimum 2 years as a Marketing/Product Manager

· Demonstrated success defining and launching excellent products

· Ability to manage cross-functional teams in a fast-paced environment

· Excellent verbal and written communication skills

· Initiative, persistance and detail orientation skills

· Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications

· Credit Card experience is preferred

Airlines, Book Sellers, Sports Teams, Hotels, Clothing Catalogs, Ski Resorts, etc. all have these affinity cards. It's nice that Princess has decided to join the group!

I wonder if we'll get $1 in on-board credit or future cruise credit for every $1 we spend?!? I think that might cost too much. Probably will be a point system where $100 in spending = 100 points = $1 in on-board credit or future cruise credit. Still a good deal if you charge a lot!

Wow! Great timing! We have an NCL card which offers great rewards but we are having trouble finding itineraries that work when we can travel. Our first Princess cruise is in a couple of days, if we have a great time we would definitely be watching for the card.

It'll be interesting to see what sort of value they add. I looked at the RCCL card and figured that what you get for using the card was pretty lame. Everything is for a 3 - 7-day cruise, Caribbean or Mexican Riviera. (http://www.royalcaribbean.com/dealsandmore/offer/visa.do;jsessionid=00009V8lrLyj7vEMVIuCm9eNduP:10ktmerri?cS=NAVBAR) What I'd love to see is points towards a cruise, even a free cruise, like the airline affinity programs. Even points towards onboard credit would be great.

It'll be interesting to see what sort of value they add. I looked at the RCCL card and figured that what you get for using the card was pretty lame. Everything is for a 3 - 7-day cruise, Caribbean or Mexican Riviera. (http://www.royalcaribbean.com/dealsandmore/offer/visa.do;jsessionid=00009V8lrLyj7vEMVIuCm9eNduP:10ktmerri?cS=NAVBAR) What I'd love to see is points towards a cruise, even a free cruise, like the airline affinity programs. Even points towards onboard credit would be great.

I am sure this one will be just as lame, I could not stand the GM credit cards, never gave you anything (hardly) even on a full priced car. :)

I have RCCL's card and you are right I don't use it any more.

......great...........another preapproved offer I will have to shred......:) ........I even get offers from NCL.......and I have never sailed with them.........and Alaska Air.........and I have never flown with them........and on and on......:rolleyes:

Hi Gang.

Rob I agree with you. There's so much going on now that people are getting absolutely fed up with these.

If I recall, CCL has had a credit card (VISA, I think) for a few years which allows you to accumulate points towards future cruises, but the number of points you must use is astronomical.

The trouble with Affinity/Credit Cards accepted by the cruise line:

a. It's not only US citizens that cruise Princess...it's a global cruiseline cruising every ocean except the Arctic. If I remember correctly RCCL only issues cards to US Citizens. Princess carries people from the seven continents of the world. so the cards they issue should be available worldwide in the major currencies of the world where Princess has home ports. I would suggest points earned be based on either:

i. Cabin category booked;

ii. Total days cruising with Princess (will this replace Captain's Circle?); or

iii. Captain's Circle membership status (as per Elite and Super Elite with the Airlines);

b. As previously mentioned, you have to spend a whackload of dollars to earn a pittance and you need hundreds of pittances to get one cruise. Does that mean you'll get a cabin on your own...bet not, they'll stick you with someone;

c. Like many of the airlines, will you lose your points after a few years should you not use them, then have the cruiseline charge you a stipend to re-instate them; and

d. As the airlines do, the points required to cruise will be cruise only...no taxes, but the number of points required will start to increase until it's no longer woth it to save them because you can never accumulate enough to cruise.

Well, I think I've given Princess enough to whet their whistle on, and before you ask...no!!! I don't want to move to Santa clarita for a job.

Rob, it'd be just another piece of plastic in your wallet anyway...right?

Ciao for now!!!

You can see where I'm going with this. It's a glorified frequent flyer card for waterbabies like us CCers.

If someone like AMEX Membership Rewards is a benchmark, you need to spend $5,000 or accumulate that much by double-pointing to reach a $50 gift card. Maybe a $50 OBC would be sensible, with no cap on how many you can apply. But then again, my experience with Princess purser desk agents hasn't been spectacular and I like to keep my visits to that desk at an absolute minimum. I can see bringing that OBC certificate from the Princess credit card to the desk and the agent looking at me like the waiter in Fawlty Towers - "Que?"

Well, why not use a Princess Credit Card? Personally, we have a Chase/Disney credit card and accumulate Disney Dollars that we use there all the time for dinners, etc. (we live very close by). I have to use a credit card ayway, so why not use a card that gets me a little something on a Princess cruise - even if it is just a little On Board Credit. It is so much better than the rewards programs we have that never give us anything. I know I will be on a Princess Cruise soon (we have 2 booked right now), so why not? I really look at these credit card rewards as something for nothing.

Archived