Emerald Madiden Voyage Review Info

Bassethound

Lots of questions; we are on the Emerald out of Venice to Barcelona on 17 May.

Are there money machines on board ($ to Euros), and do they replenish the Euros?

How many formal nights (are they on Sea days only?

I agree that they are probably having too much fun-and no the never promised, we are just hoping to hear!

I was told that there are 2 formal nights-I THINK it's the 1st day at sea and the 2nd is the night before we get to Venice? Do not take this as gospel:eek: :cool:

I know nothing about the ATMs, sorry

JohnF....We are on the same cruise with you for Feb 24th. Come on over and join our roll call. We have a large group going that sailed together last year on the Sea Princess. Since we all hit it off so well, we decided to do a reunion cruise. We have several other groups joining our roll call as well. Just in case you would like to drop in and join us, here is the link to the Emerald Princess, Feb 24, 2008 roll call: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=9688538#post9688538

We are excited to hear all about the ship on this live post!

That is definitely the Emerald Princess off the island of Santorini. Thanks for posting it. I hope someone reports in soon. On the other hand, I'm quite sure all the pax onboard are quite busy, it is quite the port intensive itinerary they are on.

sure is quiet here..I guess the passengers onboard Emerald are having such a good time they don't have any time to post:) I'm dying to see a shot of the cabins. especially mine!! I understand you can now post pictures from your digital camera chips?

If anybody on board is in C753 please take a picture and post it.

That is definitely the Emerald Princess off the island of Santorini. Thanks for posting it. I hope someone reports in soon. On the other hand, I'm quite sure all the pax onboard are quite busy, it is quite the port intensive itinerary they are on.

:) Yes, we are very busy having a great time both on the ship and at each port. The ship is beautiful! Everything is so NEW and so HUGE! These ports are the best we have seen in many years of cruising. This is one trip worth doing again.

We arrived in Rome very tired people after many hours of traveling. Entry went smoothly in Rome. Princess reps directed us onto buses. We were taken to the Jolly Midas Hotel for preboarding checkin. We boarded another bus for the ship after a short wait. The whole process took almost two hours between landing, luggage collection, bus rides and arriving in our cabin.

A note on our cabin: E415 is listed as a totally obstructed view - it has a lovely view. The only problem is there is a crew walkway past the window. They keep a light on all night but that can be blocked out with curtains. It looks like other totally obstructed views are obstructed with equipment and lifeboats.

Successful things: Hop-on Hop-off bus in Naples (good if you have already seen the major attractions), Rhodes taxi tour (wonderful), Princess tour at Ephesus & Terrace Houses (wish it lasted longer), food, bed comfort, views, entertainment, weather - around 65 and sunny

Not as successful things: Internet connections! The only time it seems to be working is the middle of the night. Even the entertainers are joking about it. There have been a few things that didn't work out exactly right but those are being fixed as the crew adjusts. Each day is smoother than the last.

Missing are the hand sanitation stations outside the dining rooms. There is one mounted on the wall outside the Horizon. Everyone seems to be healthy and having fun.

I'm sure others will report on their adventures very soon. There is a nice size group of CCs on the Emerald. Time was short at our first meeting and I didn't wake up in time for the second meeting - sorry I missed it.

Grannycb, thank you so much for checking in!! My mom and her roommate are going to be in E414....we are going to be in E503....any chance of you checking those out or asking your room steward about them? I would really appreciate it. I'm glad you are having such a nice time...keep it up and thanks for posting!

:) Yes, we are very busy having a great time both on the ship and at each port. The ship is beautiful! Everything is so NEW and so HUGE! These ports are the best we have seen in many years of cruising. This is one trip worth doing again.

We arrived in Rome very tired people after many hours of traveling. Entry went smoothly in Rome. Princess reps directed us onto buses. We were taken to the Jolly Midas Hotel for preboarding checkin. We boarded another bus for the ship after a short wait. The whole process took almost two hours between landing, luggage collection, bus rides and arriving in our cabin.

A note on our cabin: E415 is listed as a totally obstructed view - it has a lovely view. The only problem is there is a crew walkway past the window. They keep a light on all night but that can be blocked out with curtains. It looks like other totally obstructed views are obstructed with equipment and lifeboats.

Successful things: Hop-on Hop-off bus in Naples (good if you have already seen the major attractions), Rhodes taxi tour (wonderful), Princess tour at Ephesus & Terrace Houses (wish it lasted longer), food, bed comfort, views, entertainment, weather - around 65 and sunny

Not as successful things: Internet connections! The only time it seems to be working is the middle of the night. Even the entertainers are joking about it. There have been a few things that didn't work out exactly right but those are being fixed as the crew adjusts. Each day is smoother than the last.

Missing are the hand sanitation stations outside the dining rooms. There is one mounted on the wall outside the Horizon. Everyone seems to be healthy and having fun.

I'm sure others will report on their adventures very soon. There is a nice size group of CCs on the Emerald. Time was short at our first meeting and I didn't wake up in time for the second meeting - sorry I missed it.

----------------

Will be on the May 5 trip and have cabin E411, just forward of you!! How do you think the view is out that cabin? Only 2 weeks til' we leave and I can now hardly wait.

I haven't heard of anyone who is unhappy with the cabins. They really are nice and much larger than other ships we have been on. I think you will be happy with those Emerald deck cabins - or any others for that matter. The only problem has been we are constantly going in the wrong direction. It is very easy to get turned around - never had that problem on other ships.

We were at Mykonos yesterday. It was very windy and COLD! Many of us wished we had picked up some of those wonderful leather jackets in Kusadasi. We used the morning for laundry duty. BTW, washers and dryers take $1.50 each in quarters. You might want to pack laundry soap and fabric softener sheets as well as quarters. After lunch, we traveled by free shuttle bus into the town. It's a lovely place to wander around. We hired a taxi for 30 minutes to take us to the windmills and to see the views from above the town. No one at our table did a tour so can't comment on that.

We really enjoyed Ephesus but wished we had more time to walk at a slower pace. A private tour would have been nice. Don't miss the terrace houses - they are terrific. There are lots of clear glass floors and many stairs to climb.

The shopping near the ship was terrific. Not everyone liked working to get the lowest price. There are lots of great deals out there in leather goods and fake watches. Bring an extra suitcase! :D

You might want to bring extra memory for your cameras if you aren't bringing a laptop. I'd recommend extra batteries too. I've averaged around 250 pictures a day and have used a back up battery twice. There is something interesting and/or beautiful at every turn on this trip.

I'm writing this in the wee hours of the morning while the Internet Cafe is nearly empty. The connection speed is still a little slow. DH is *loudly* snoring away back at the cabin so I was up anyway.

Does anyone have other questions about ports or the ship?

How about the Sanctuary? Are they still charging for it, and how much? There is supposed to be a pool inside the Lotus Spa, are there chairs around it? I really appreciate you taking the time out of your vacation for this. Thanks for saying we'll be happy with E503....hopefully there will be a little light in there!!

thanks, grannycb! It has been great to hear from you. What is your favorite part of the whip?

Are the beds and bedding comfortable?

What types of menus do they have? Are they the same as other princess menus, or do they have a local flair?

Thanks,

daph:)

Archived