Friends Laugh, but I check the price every day and it pays

Can you get a refund just once? Or if the price continues to drop, can you ask for credit again?

You can get a price drop as many times as it drops. The only thing is after you have made final payment you will only get an OBC. You may have to get a little assertive when it gets to this point. If you don't know any better they will try to tell you no.

You can get a price drop as many times as it drops. The only thing is after you have made final payment you will only get an OBC. You may have to get a little assertive when it gets to this point. If you don't know any better they will try to tell you no.

Is this a fairly new policy? We've gotten refunds from RCI after final payment. In fact, one time we got a reduction less than 2 weeks before our cruise date because of a senior discount added. Of course, these were not fares advertised as "for new bookings only" because they don't honor those if you have an existing booking.

Not that we wouldn't use the OBC, but I'd rather have the refund. And I realize that they don't have to do anything at all.

beachchick

I always check category prices. I'm sailing on the Liberty in July. I noticed the price for our category (E2 ) had dropped by a couple hundred dollars. I called my TA this past Tuesday, and not only was I given a 400.00 credit to my CC, but was upgraded from our E2 to a D1 :)

I check the price all the time. Two weeks ago I checked my Serenade cruise. The price dropped $300, 2 days later it dropped $470 and the next day all inside cabins were the same price so I got upgraded. Never happend before and was ecstatic. Now if my Brilliance cruise would just drop......that would be a great thing.

Lisa

We sail on Sunday and got one price reduction after final payment and it was credited back to the card I used so this is fairly recent. I keep on checking hoping to get a few more $$$s before we leave. Never know!

After I booked our Bermuda cruise in July for our family ( two rooms JS and L) it dropped 800.00 and they credited it off the price due. I found additional reductions for 400.00 on the L room a month later. Today I just got a 440.00 reduction to be credited back to my credit card, and free interior added L room on top of it! They are crediting my credit card and I have already paid in full on May 28th. YEAAAAAAA

I will still keep watching everyday until I get my feet on that boat! Good luck everyone!

Does the price listed on the RCCL website include all the port charges and taxes? Or is the price listed just for that category of cabin?

For Example ... E1 (balcony cabin) shows $1200 ... would it be a total of $1200 or $1200 plus the port charges & Taxes bringing it up to about $1400 each.

Thanks.

I have read about so many people taking advantage of price reductions and am trying to get into the habit of checking online everyday. I've been pretty good about checking most days, but on occasion, I do forget. Based on the success that so many have had, I think I'll post a couple of reminders around the house to ensure that I do it daily. We're sailing to the Mediterranean 5/31/08.

Do you have to have your cruise paid in full before you can qualify for a refund (if the cabin price goes lower than what you paid?)

I just booked a 7-day for our honeymoon and paid our deposit. We got an E1 on the hump for $899 pp!!! It went up to $1,469 pp 10 hours later!

I honestly doubt it will go down below $899, but I was just wondering if I should pay the balance in order to get the refund.

Is this how it works?

Do you have to have your cruise paid in full before you can qualify for a refund (if the cabin price goes lower than what you paid?)

I just booked a 7-day for our honeymoon and paid our deposit. We got an E1 on the hump for $899 pp!!! It went up to $1,469 pp 10 hours later!

I honestly doubt it will go down below $899, but I was just wondering if I should pay the balance in order to get the refund.

Is this how it works?

If you pay in full, it will be refunded if the price drops and you call them.

If you're not yet paid in full, you call and ask if you can be brought to the new price, and that will reduce the amount you pay when you DO pay in full.

Question.

When obsessively checking for price drops, do you go through the entire process, starting with "searching" for the cruise, OR do you keep it in My Cruises as a saved itinerary, and check that way? If you save it, I wonder if it will just show you the same, or if it will actually reflect reality.

I just would like to skip a few steps and not have to "search" every time. :)

• 3 weeks later...

sorry for butting in but i have a question.

i see that this is RCL but what -if anything-do you know about watching prices for carnival?

we just took our first trip and i'm looking at trips and working with TA for a group of friends trip next summer..

any input appreciated...if i'm in the wrong place please direct me where i need to be.

thanks...

Archived