Friends Laugh, but I check the price every day and it pays

My friends laugh at me, but after booking a cruise I check the price each and everyday online. It does work, sometimes the price drops multiple times and sometimes they only leave the lower price for a few days to increase bookings.

It pays to spend the 2 minutes every day checking the price of your cruise.

Just saved another $100 on my cruise for 2008!

Happy Cruising!

Well I wouldn't laugh, because I do the same thing. :eek: I actually check it in the morning and at night. So far no luck. But I'll keep checking until the day I leave.

I did however take that compulsion, and check the price on a sightseeing tour I booked for Miami, and that price went down. I emailed the company and they gave me a refund of a 66.00. So it does pay to check. Money is money, and it gives me more money in my pocket for some foo-foo drinks :D

Do you go to the RCCL website to check pricing? I have a promenade room and it's not one of the categories listed. Is there some easy way I can check? I'm all for saving a few bucks!

Hey, I check sometimes three times a day! I booked on Monday for 2008 and on tuesday I got $250.00 refunded because the price dropped. I also saved $750.00 on my last cruise last month. It really works and I have to thank everyone at cruise critic for opening my eys to it.

DH thinks I am crazy checking on prices at least once a day. Just got $220pp back yesterday on my June cruise. He stopped laughing when I told him the excursions were paid for!

I second the fact that I would not have known to call without everything I have read here on CC. The time I spend reading on this board, and it is much more thanit should be, definitely has paid off. :D Thanks!

Do you go to the RCCL website to check pricing? I have a promenade room and it's not one of the categories listed. Is there some easy way I can check? I'm all for saving a few bucks!

Yes go to RCCL website, then act like you are going to book a cruise for the same date and catagory you already have. If the price is lower, call RC and let them know you found a price drop and they should credit the difference. If it goes up, then you got a good deal.

I keep waiting for our price to drop, I have 2 different catagories booked. My E1 has doubled, and my inside room has only went up $100.00. Good Luck!

Well, as far as I can tell, mine hasn't changed. But they don't have a category for prom. rooms. I could always call for the rate. I would love to pay for my excursions this way!

Emdia43 - I would love to hear back from you after Freedom cruise.

I did save $240 on May Mariner, checking every day. Resident discount. Haven't saved on the other three yet. In fact Mariner and Liberty prices are up from $400-$800. But I did book AOS and 2nd Mariner cruise when the prices had just dropped to very low prices. They're both higher now. But I'll keep checking every day. You never know.

I saved $660 recently on our Explorer cruise. I don't check everyday, but somebody on our roll call mentioned the price drop and I checked then. Definitely worth keeping an eye on it. I'm a believer now!! That paid for our airfare. :)

I got $400.00 back on 3/31 and just got $480 refunded today. I booked thru an agent so I had to call her and have her call RCI. RCI then refunds the money to my credit card. I got the money back each time within a few days. If I had booked thru RCI directly then I could make the calls myself. It does pay to keep checking everyday. The last refund I got included a resident discount that I didn't even know about.

I found out today that I'm being refunded $1020 for our cruise on Mariner in June. $460 for my husband and I, and $560 for our daughter's reservation. I have been walking around all day feeling like I've won the lottery!

I would never have even thought about checking had it not been for this forum! And I will continue to check daily! :D:D:D

Your right Jules, I learned so much from these boards and all the smart people on them! Of course I spend several hours each day on them. When we booked thru an agent they never said there was a chance to get refunded if the price dropped, I learned it all right here.

The Red Sox just beat the Yankees, what a game! :D

When you book through an agent, do they get the refund from RC and then pass it on to you, or are you credited directly from RC? I'm curious, because someone posted that their reservation had gone down $100, but their travel agent said it was only $50. Made me wonder if maybe the agent wasn't taking part of the refund?

We're traveling with 3 other families; our family and another booked directly through RC, and have been told we will be getting refunds. The other 2 families who booked through a travel agent haven't been able to talk to her yet (they've left messages). I hope the price doesn't go up before they finally talk to her.

Archived