All Things Mariner Of The Seas

rdbradley:

thank you so much for starting this post.... i was on explorer last year and love the post by christie for my wonderful memories... now i look forward to seeing the posts on this thread ~ thanks again!!

hopefully some past cruisers can post some pics so we can see the beauty of the mariner....

when i was on explorer, i remember they had a b-ball court, not soccer. but perhaps if enough kids get together and the court is free they can get a soccer game going....

now if the kids could play ice hockey on the ice rink, that would be the ultimate for my son..... :)

Well thank you. I only hope this thread does as well as the Explorer thread started by Christie. I would like for it to be around for my future cruises. I hope that people will use it to post pictures and ideas, or just thoughts about the ship. I've looked at a bunch of pictures posted by other CC members on this thread. They are great! Much better than the press release pictures you get from the cruise lines!!:D

[qu*te=reallyitsmema;9941473]We are sailing the Mariner *n June 10th!!!!!! I can't wait, c*rner aft deck 10, first cruise f*r my s*n and hubby, sec*nd f*r me.:)[/qu*te]

I am sailing the 10th also with my girlfriend. Hubby and I doing it on Labor Day. Did Mariner 3 x's last year... love Her.

lawman - We have main seating also, so probably won't be able to use the lounge that much. Did they make your reservations for Chops?

Has anyone that has been on the Mariner ever done the Mystery Dinner in Portofinos?

Our family will be on Mariner June 3 and we can't wait! We were on Radiance three years ago and loved her; looking forward to a Voyager-class too. It's also the first balcony for my DH and me. Our three teens and my sister will be in two adjoining PRs across the hall. My sister has been on many RCL cruises clear back to the Song of America, but never bigger than Vision-class, and we're all waiting to be wowed. Thanks for all the great info on these boards!

Countrygal, we have only sailed 7 day cruises on newer Carnival ships, that said we liked some, did not like some. my kids 20,17,16,and 14 are all active and i thought they would find ample things to do on this ship (keeping my fingers crossed), hopfully my oldest 22 will be able to join us too (he is currently serving in the army, preparing to go to Iraq). We are really excited and cant wait to check out something different. WOO HOO!!!!!!!

If the kids are happy, so go the parents! I think the teens will have a fun time and for the 20 something's, they have singles only activities early on to break the ice and for the remainder of the cruise.

We have a close friend who is currently serving his 2nd tour in Iraq. He arrived there (Baghdad) just a few weeks ago and is expected to stay there at least 15 months. :( My husband who is now retired military, also got to serve in the sand. I sure hope that your eldest is able to join you, I know it would mean so much to all of you! Keep us posted. If he does get to join you, all he has to do is wear his uniform once and I can about guarantee he'll never have to buy another drink aboard that cruise!! :D

My fave ship so far is Mariner!!! She is beautiful!!! All who are going on her will fall in love with her!

Anyone who is lucky enough to have cabin 7688---it's AWESOME!!!!:D

I took a few photos of 7388, the corner aft cabin on the opposite (starboard) side. You are right --- HUGE balcony! I have a few photos of 7388 on my photo website. Click on Mariner of the Seas.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/40631118@N00/

Rose

Love Mariner too! We went on our very first cruise last June on MOS. It was a gift to us from my parents, and they chose Mariner as the ship they thought we'd enjoy the most.

We're a family of 4; with two teen girls, 12 and 16. Prior to the cruise, our family vacations were all going to Florida and renting a condo on the beach for a week. And I'm not complaining -- we loved those vacations too, but there's something special about cruising.

I'll never forget pulling up to the port and seeing her...then walking on board for the first time. :D It was absolutely the nicest vacation we'd ever had, and the first time I wasn't "glad to be home" after a vacation; I could have easily done a back to back! My husband loved it too, so a few weeks after we were home, I decided with his 50th birthday coming up, and our 25th anniversary, I would surprise him and book another cruise. I booked it mid-July, and had to keep it a secret until December!

This time we'll have three other families of friends cruising with us and a total of 9 teenagers. (all well behaved...I hope! :eek:) We're all so excited to be doing this together. We've told our friends what a beautiful ship it is, and they all can't wait.

I owe everything about cruising to my beautiful,smart and loving wife. For withour her, I would still be on solid land snickering at those " whacky cruisers".

YAYYYYYY! :D

See, sometimes we know what we're talking about!! ;)

You have a great writing style, and should think about writing a cruise review! ;)

lawman - We have main seating also, so probably won't be able to use the lounge that much. Did they make your reservations for Chops?

Has anyone that has been on the Mariner ever done the Mystery Dinner in Portofinos?

The concierge can make reservations for you but I found it to be quite easy myself. Chops is located right at the entrance to the Windjammer. So as your heading for lunch after you board you go right past Chops. There is someone there to take your reservation. It just takes a minute. But don't wait. Book early if you want a specific night and time.

I would love to do the Mystery Dinner. Maybe this time.

Hi, everyone. We're sailing on the Mariner on Jul-15-07 (first family cruise). I had asked RCCI whether there was a waterslide on board, and I was told there was. Yet, I've seen pictures of the pool area, and I haven't seen a waterslide. Just wondering.icon5.gif

luv2travel29/Jill:

I'll be celebrating my 40th Birthday on the Mariner, too! Are we booked on the same cruise?

Mary

Hello all,

We will be sailing on the Mariner on May 18, 2008. We've sailed on the Disney ships 7 times with number 8 coming up in 3 weeks. We are really looking forward to our new cruise next year, the ship looks beautiful. We've booked a junior suite on deck 9. It looks so big! I put out a new thread on the roll call forum for our cruise date next year. Anyone out there cruising next year on that date? I've enjoyed reading these forums the past few weeks:)

SHADEN: i'll be on my first balcony in july..sooo excited .. once a balcony, always a balcony... (that's what my hubby is worrying about :p ) this is our 3rd cruise in 1 1/2 years... we're addicted....

my boss just told me if you book a junior suite, you will always want to stay in a suite!!! hehe

WooHoo!

Archived