All Things Mariner Of The Seas

They do still have Kareoke almost every night and one night they had rockeroke on the May 20th sailing. It was the first time ever that they did this is what my daughter heard. I think it went quite well, so hopefully they will continue it. You got to sing with a live band, no words though. They encouraged people to dance while others were singing. I don't think there was any talent show per se though.

We are in our 40's and went to the Dragon's Lair. There were a lot of people our age in there.

They do have a piano bar, but whenever we went there it wasn't a real sing along like Caribbean Princess has. It was more just the piano player singing.

If you're looking for entertainment don't miss the Quest for the adults. It is sooo much fun. This is definitely an adult only show though. They also have 2 late night comedians that really funny.

I'm not sure about the snorkel equipment on Labadee. They have a place that rents wave runners and lots of stuff and I think that they rent snorkel equipment there, but I'm not sure.

Are teenagers allowed to watch the Quest?

how about the comedians?

Particularly, a 17-y-o.

Quest is definitely for adults and I think the minimum age is 18. The comedians were all great. There was one late night adult show (started at 12:15am), but the rest of the comedy shows were PG and the comedians interacted with the kids in the audience very well.

I would say Quest and late night comedy - no, but the other comedy shows would definitely be yes.

Quest is definitely for adults and I think the minimum age is 18. The comedians were all great. There was one late night adult show (started at 12:15am), but the rest of the comedy shows were PG and the comedians interacted with the kids in the audience very well.

I would say Quest and late night comedy - no, but the other comedy shows would definitely be yes.

Fair enough, along the lines I expected. I'm sure the teen will be upset at not seeing the late-night comedy shows, but that's the way it goes!:p

Another Q:

Do they still do bridge tours onboard Mariner?

Another Q:

Do they still do bridge tours onboard Mariner?

I think they stopped those after 9/11. Someone asked that at the Captain Q&A. They do have the "peek-a-boo bridge" where you can look through windows from above the bridge and see everything.

i know it's probably been talked about briefly, but could someone give me a good detailed explanation of Mariner's ship movements?

For such a LARGE ship, the large Draught, and the stabilizer wings on the keel of the ship, how much ship movement is noticeable?

my boyfriend is saying im not OCD...IM OP...an over planner....i already have millions of lists of what im packing/exactly what i want to do on each island/lists for budgetting/ lists of things from all these cc threads that i dont want to forget/ lists galore...i couldnt spend a better way to spend my free time though?!

one month and 1 week from tomorrow!! :D

this is my dream vacation!! im just so lucky to have a handsome boyfriend that loves making all of my dreams come true! and lucky for him, im planning enough for the both of us!!

<3 this thread!!

"how much ship movement is noticeable?"

Some trips almost none, other trips a little more. It depends on the seas, the winds, weather and the route. Going down to St. Thomas has generally more movement due to being east of the islands, and typically crossing the Gulf Stream causes more motion.

My hubby and I just booked Mariner for May 11, 2008, Eastern Caribbean. This is our 3rd cruise, all with RCI, we've sailed on the Voyager and Sovereign. We are going for our 10th anniversary and his birthday, and after i booked, I saw that the day we leave is also mother's day. We booked during the WOW sale, and I called before we booked to ask a question and the girl was able to get us cabin 1694, JS aft. I am so excited. I can't wait. I did have a question though, I know that sometimes there are certain "perks" that come with a JS that some ships do, others don't. Does anyone know if the JS on the mariner has them. Mostly I am concerned with being able to go through the suite check in line at Port Canaveral. Anything else would just be an added bonus. Thanks, and I am glad I found this thread. When I have time, I'll have to finish reading the other 7 pages I didn't get to yet.

Amy

my boyfriend is saying im not OCD...IM OP...an over planner....i already have millions of lists of what im packing/exactly what i want to do on each island/lists for budgetting/ lists of things from all these cc threads that i dont want to forget/ lists galore...i couldnt spend a better way to spend my free time though?!

<3 this thread!!

LOL.....you sound like me!! I have over 50 pages of tips saved in a Word file. Packing tips, general cruise tips, info about excursions on each island, names of tour companies, you name it, I've got it. And our cruise isn't until Feb 2008! :o

this is my dream vacation!! im just so lucky to have a handsome boyfriend that loves making all of my dreams come true! and lucky for him, im planning enough for the both of us!!

<3 this thread!!

Well, you are not the only one. My DW has 6 sheets of paper with all of her outfits planned out. One sheet for one option ie.. if it's rainy, if she is bloated:p etc.....

This is the kicker. She has me packed as well. She has outfits listed that I have completely forgotten about.

She is just soooo cute.:D She is making my packing life soooooo much easier. LOL

Would anyone know if there is a Mystery Dinner in Portofinos for each sailing?

Our Thanksgiving 2006 sailing aboard the Mariner included a Mystery Dinner which we thoroughly enjoyed. Our April, 2007 sailing did not have the Mystery Dinner available. We attempted to find out if it was permanently discontinued, without success.

Perhaps somone that has been on the ship more recently could help with this?

Our Thanksgiving 2006 sailing aboard the Mariner included a Mystery Dinner which we thoroughly enjoyed. Our April, 2007 sailing did not have the Mystery Dinner available. We attempted to find out if it was permanently discontinued, without success.

Perhaps somone that has been on the ship more recently could help with this?

There was one on the June 10-17 sailing. It was on Monday night at 8 pm, cost $49.50 per person. All I know is what was printed in the Cruise Compass--since that was the first formal night, I skipped the Mystery Dinner to eat in the dining room.

My hubby and I just booked Mariner for May 11, 2008, Eastern Caribbean. This is our 3rd cruise, all with RCI, we've sailed on the Voyager and Sovereign. We are going for our 10th anniversary and his birthday, and after i booked, I saw that the day we leave is also mother's day. We booked during the WOW sale, and I called before we booked to ask a question and the girl was able to get us cabin 1694, JS aft. I am so excited. I can't wait. I did have a question though, I know that sometimes there are certain "perks" that come with a JS that some ships do, others don't. Does anyone know if the JS on the mariner has them. Mostly I am concerned with being able to go through the suite check in line at Port Canaveral. Anything else would just be an added bonus. Thanks, and I am glad I found this thread. When I have time, I'll have to finish reading the other 7 pages I didn't get to yet.

Amy

Amy: There is a separate check in line for suite, diamond and diamond plus passengers although sometimes the regular line is shorter...The Mariner is a wonderful ship and we will sail her again b4 she leaves PC for the West Coast...Have an awesome time (I know you will)...Later, Jill:cool:

Amy: There is a separate check in line for suite, diamond and diamond plus passengers although sometimes the regular line is shorter...The Mariner is a wonderful ship and we will sail her again b4 she leaves PC for the West Coast...Have an awesome time (I know you will)...Later, Jill:cool:

Thanks, Jill, I will keep that in mind. I know I am making my hubby crazy with all this Cruise talk, but Everyone keeps raving about the Mariner and I get more excited every day. We have been on the Voyager, so we have the basics down, but still can't wait. I am glad we were able to get her in before she leaves too.

I've got a question in regards to the alcohol consumption policy.

My 18-year-old recently read on the RCCL website about the legal drinking age. Now it says that in places where the drinking age is under 21, the 18 to 20 year old can sign a waiver, allowing them to consume alcohol beverages. I was wondering how the whole thing works. She printed off the waiver the other day and signed it, but we're still not sure what happens.

Any answers are appreciated.

Hi CruiserNic and WarmerClimes,

We are also on the 2/24 sailing and can't wait. We are a party of 10 with kids ranging from 5-11. We're on the 7th deck and our friends are on the 9th. It can't come any sooner. Lisa

I've got a question in regards to the alcohol consumption policy.

My 18-year-old recently read on the RCCL website about the legal drinking age. Now it says that in places where the drinking age is under 21, the 18 to 20 year old can sign a waiver, allowing them to consume alcohol beverages. I was wondering how the whole thing works. She printed off the waiver the other day and signed it, but we're still not sure what happens.

Any answers are appreciated.

That waiver is only good on European and South American cruises were the drinking age is lower than it is in the states.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/beforeyouboard/whatToKnow/topTenFAQs/detail.do;jsessionid=00003WVo2d7iwO7-3Ig-tLE-qNt:10ktmer4a?pagename=top_10_faqs&pnav=4&snav=2&faqId=309&faqSubjectName=Top+10+FAQ%27s

• 1 month later...

obsessedsc, Wow I'm glad there are at least two of us"crazies" out there:p . I have list after list on my computer for everything from Island research to packing to travel expenses. We do the research together but I make up all the lists. Boy does it make my life easier having everything written down, no guess work here. At first I think my BF thought I was crazy but he loves knowing that when he travels, his luggage packed with everything in order and nothing missing!! I guess I have spoiled him over the years!;)

BTW - how was your cruise?

• 2 weeks later...

Time to move my favorite thread back to page one with a question :)

For those who have used a wireless laptop on the Mariner since dry dock - is wifi available ship-wide now? Or, can anyone list the 6 hot spots, if that's still the case?

TIA,

Dave

Archived