Radiance Questions???

1. What is your favorite thing about this ship?

2. What is the Seaview Cafe? How many dining alternatives are there?

3. Has anyone ever used the pool tables?

4. How are the shows Theatre? Are they Broadway, Vegas, or RCCL style shows?

5. How are the golf simulators?

6. Anyone have any photos of radiance that they would be willing to share? (would love to see photo's of a balcony room & the solarium)

Thanks!!!:D

1. Favorite thing about ship...the size...don't like the mega ships, this ship is just the right size and it has the best of the Vision class (check out the glass elevator) and the Voyager class ships.

2. Seaview is a lovely little cafe, kinda out of the way where you can have a light lunch, soup, sandwiches, burgers, etc. (unless you are on Brilliance...their Seaview is Italian food...good)...I love the Seaview.

There is the main dinning room, the Windjammer (buffet dinning, breakfast, lunch and dinner and afternoon snacks, the Seaview cafe, lunch and snacks, Portofino's high end Italian food, and the Mystery theater, and Chops, an excellent steak house. (did I miss any?)

3. Everyone uses the pool tables, sometimes they are hard to get and sometimes there is no one on them...it all depends on the time you are there. They are a nice touch.

4. Shows are RCL

5. Don't have the foggiest.

6. No photos sorry...only took them of our room and the sights, we went to Alaska on the radiance.

Hope I was helpful.

Rev

The friendliest crew in the fleet. The Radiance was actually rated that for 3 years in a row. Also, the ship is perfect in size/passenger ratio and ABSOLUTELY B-UTIFUL!!

Not to be missed - especially late at night when the Windjammer is closed (11:00pm - 1:00am) - - you've got to try the Onion Rings.:p

Other Dining Alts are Portofinos and Chops (extra $$ for these two).

Yes - a little different from your usual "Pool Hall". The problem is, the pool tables stay level as the ship moves, but you and your cue stick don't.:)

No After-Diner show on a ship is going to be like a Broadway or Vegas show (not sure if you really meant that literally), but they are GREAT compared to other ships.

5. How are the golf simulators?

Did not see any golf simulators on the Radiance. Is that something that's on the Voyager class?

6. Anyone have any photos of radiance that they would be willing to share? (would love to see photo's of a balcony room & the solarium)

We have lots of photos, but you can go to several web sites (RCI has photos and 360 views of most areas) and get plenty.

You're Welcome;

Hope This Helps.

Pool tables--they were never busy on our entire cruise. We used them several times. Just remember, if you need to make a "behind the back" shot, if you put pressure on the table, it will sink! You just can't lean on it, or it will get totally "unlevel"!

There are golf simulators on Radiance class, but we never used them. Every time we walked past, it was locked!

The show are standard "production" type things. However, the guest performers have always been top-notch! I prefer that to the RCI cast shows!

You'll have a wonderful time... :)

Here are some pictures from our cruise on Radiance... It was an Alaska cruise, there are both ship and port pictures...

Elleluv, Thank you so much for sharing your photo's!! Now I need to book for Alaska! Thank you agian.

Elleluv, Thank you so much for sharing your photo's!! Now I need to book for Alaska! Thank you agian.

Loved the photos. We are booked next year for the Radiance to Alaska. Are the photos of the glacier of Hubbard Glacier? In Icy Strait, are there shops in town or is it more of an excursion type stop?

Thanks.

Loads of photos of the Radiance, which, by the way, is our favorite ship:

http://www.webshots.com/search?query=radiance+of+the+seas&new=1&source=chromeheader

Hello Nan we are booked for the Oct 11, 2008 Hawaii RT out of San Diego on the Radiance and have ready nothing but raves about her beauty. makes me wonder, is she prettier then the Brilliance of the Seas.

Loved the photos. We are booked next year for the Radiance to Alaska. Are the photos of the glacier of Hubbard Glacier? In Icy Strait, are there shops in town or is it more of an excursion type stop?

Thanks.

The glacier photos are of Hubbard Glacier... It was beautiful, we saw lots of calving.

They do have some small shops at Icy Point Strait... It's not at all the same type of shopping that you'll see at all the other ports you'll visit. We purchased t-shirts and some very nice native artwork there. It's definitely not a place to shop for jewlery.

Hello Nan we are booked for the Oct 11, 2008 Hawaii RT out of San Diego on the Radiance and have ready nothing but raves about her beauty. makes me wonder, is she prettier then the Brilliance of the Seas.

Just my opinion... we've sailed on both Brilliance and Radiance in the past year... There's no way that I could say that either is prettier... They are both equally beautiful.

We loved the crew on Radiance, Capt Loekling (sp?) is outstanding.

On Brilliance, we really enjoyed the menu at the Seaview Cafe... the pizza there is fabulous.

There's no way I could choose between the two... :)

The glacier photos are of Hubbard Glacier... It was beautiful, we saw lots of calving.

They do have some small shops at Icy Point Strait... It's not at all the same type of shopping that you'll see at all the other ports you'll visit. We purchased t-shirts and some very nice native artwork there. It's definitely not a place to shop for jewlery.

Thank you. We will be on the 14 night ultimate Alaska cruise on the Radiance. It stops in Icy Strait and Hubbard Glacier. Native artwork would be GREAT for the shops. My favorite buy last year on our trip to Alaska was a handcarved carabo antler ULI knife.

The Radiance and the Brilliance are sister ships. The only slight differences are in dcor. I can't say that one is prettier than the other. It would be like saying which of your children you like best. They are equally nice, but slightly different.

We were on her in Alaska, it was a cold summer. Loved the Solarium, and went there often.

The Seaview is a gem on the ship. Can be difficult to find. We went there every day. Loved their cuban's, tuna melts and onion rings.

We are not pool players, but loved watching the tables. You get the equipment from the bar area.

Did not do the shows, my dad went and enjoyed them very much. :)

We did not take a camera due to flying out from LAX the day after the London terror alert. Restrictions were not defined at that point.

1. Favorite thing about ship...the size...don't like the mega ships, this ship is just the right size and it has the best of the Vision class (check out the glass elevator) and the Voyager class ships.

2. Seaview is a lovely little cafe, kinda out of the way where you can have a light lunch, soup, sandwiches, burgers, etc. (unless you are on Brilliance...their Seaview is Italian food...good)...I love the Seaview.

There is the main dinning room, the Windjammer (buffet dinning, breakfast, lunch and dinner and afternoon snacks, the Seaview cafe, lunch and snacks, Portofino's high end Italian food, and the Mystery theater, and Chops, an excellent steak house. (did I miss any?)

3. Everyone uses the pool tables, sometimes they are hard to get and sometimes there is no one on them...it all depends on the time you are there. They are a nice touch.

4. Shows are RCL

5. Don't have the foggiest.

6. No photos sorry...only took them of our room and the sights, we went to Alaska on the radiance.

Hope I was helpful.

Rev

Mystery Theatre - What Mystery Theatre? Can you explain?

You'll have a wonderful time... :)

Here are some pictures from our cruise on Radiance... It was an Alaska cruise, there are both ship and port pictures...

Thanks for the great pictures. We are interseted in cabin 8088 which looks like the balcony that you had. We love the aft cabins because of the larger decks, and sometimes gettin a loungechair. My concerns are that it is claustrophobic and warm in there with no circulating air. Am I correct? Also, did you try and get a loungechair?

Thanks

Thanks for the great pictures. We are interseted in cabin 8088 which looks like the balcony that you had. We love the aft cabins because of the larger decks, and sometimes gettin a loungechair. My concerns are that it is claustrophobic and warm in there with no circulating air. Am I correct? Also, did you try and get a loungechair?

Thanks

Very close... we had 7108.... It's on the aft side of the elevators. The elevators completely blocked the wind, and since it was so cool we really appreciated it. We didn't request a lounge chair... we thought it was a little cool for lounging there, we did our lounging in the Solarium. :)

Mystery Theatre - What Mystery Theatre? Can you explain?

I believe reference was being made to the Mystery Dinner which is held twice on a 14 night cruise in Portofino's on Radiance. You must make reservations as soon as you board if you want to partake. I'm sorry I don't know what the charge is, but there is lots of wine served and you basically meet with the characters before dinner, then during dinner and then have to decide "who done it"!!

I believe reference was being made to the Mystery Dinner which is held twice on a 14 night cruise in Portofino's on Radiance. You must make reservations as soon as you board if you want to partake. I'm sorry I don't know what the charge is, but there is lots of wine served and you basically meet with the characters before dinner, then during dinner and then have to decide "who done it"!!

I believe it was $49.95 per person on Brilliance in December... We didn't participate, but heard it was fun. They served 5 or 6 courses and all the Champagne you could drink.

I believe it was $49.95 per person on Brilliance in December... We didn't participate, but heard it was fun. They served 5 or 6 courses and all the Champagne you could drink.

Thanks for the answer to the cost..........I couldn't remember. Just having returned from our 14 day PC cruise on Radiance, folks that we talked to said they really had a lot of fun..........but it fills up fast.

We were on the Radiance last August in Alaska. The simulator computer was down and they were closed. We have friends who used them on the Brilliance, however, which is a sister ship. They were reported to be similar to the screens in a hitting station at most golf shops. You did get a choice of corses to play, but it's still not like really playing. But it's a diversion when at sea. I think they cost around 20 to 30 dollars for an hour. I would imagine the computer on the Radiance should be repaired by this time.

Enjoyed reading this thread very much.

We sail on the Radience Presidents week Feb 08. THis is our first RCCL cruise, however we are not new to cruising. We fell in love with cruising on our honnymoon way back in Feb 1979.

All this info is great -- I would like to try the Murder Mistrey Dinner -- that sounds interesting. My Husband and adult kids (25 and 23) like the idea as well.

Keep this interesting thread going -- can't wait to try the Radience.

Thank you all for the information and photos that you have shared. I can not wait for Jan. to get here! I am so excited! DH and I will be celebrating our 15th Anniversary. I hope someday to cruise at least once on each class!

Archived