Iam Not Pleased With Princess!!!!

seabourndt

i booked the 8th may on the royal princess specifically to see the double naming in santoirini i quite understand thenm cancelling the event them in respect forthe sea diamond going down . they send all the stars from happy days,brady bunch and love boat to athens to have it on the emerald over a week ago it was said. but the ROYAL PRINCESS???? a have to wait a week to learn today its not happening on my cruise its in portofino in june IAM ABSOLUTLY MAD ABOUT THIS!!! i'm sure they could have done it at some other port on our cruise rather than delay it for a month. i have written to both my t/a and PRINCESS about this it will be interesting to see if i get a reply!! i have onl;y been on princes once befoire, the entertainment was the best thing then. i get my travel documents ands they are dire!!!! 1 piece of paper!! that is the cruise ticket!!! i know i have been spoiled by regent 7 seas cruises where ui get lovely documents in leather walletys but i expect better from princess. i have an connecting door in the brochure it says that i only get an armchair and not a sofa!!! i hope this is not so as i waslooking forward to a sofa.

dave

i get my travel documents ands they are dire!!!! 1 piece of paper!! that is the cruise ticket!!! i know i have been spoiled by regent 7 seas cruises where ui get lovely documents in leather walletys but i expect better from princess. i have an connecting door in the brochure it says that i only get an armchair and not a sofa!!! i hope this is not so as i waslooking forward to a sofa.

dave

All lines are changing to e-docs. It's cheaper. What is a big deal anyway? I know, I know we loved our Celebrity docs, but not sure we'd be this upset if we hadn't.

About connecting door and sofa. We always invistigate deck and cabin plans before our cruise or ask our TA or cruise company reps, to avoid any type of problems.

We started doing this after I booked 3 of us into cabin for 2 (cc allowed this!), and instead of sofa or bunk-bed for the third person we got roll-away bed. We slept with our 13 y.o. boy between us.:o Very good lesson. :mad:

Unless you're in a suite - there is no sofa. As far as the naming cermony, live and learn. Quite often the date of the naming ceremony is changed due to the ship not being ready in time for the original sailing date. In this case I suspect that the stars just didn't align properly for everyone originally scheduled to be in attendance on the first sailing.

Unless you're in a suite - there is no sofa. As far as the naming cermony, live and learn. Quite often the date of the naming ceremony is changed due to the ship not being ready in time for the original sailing date. In this case I suspect that the stars just didn't align properly for everyone originally scheduled to be in attendance on the first sailing.

you got a total of "0" facts correct.....

all balcony cabins on the Royal do have sofas except for those with adjoining doors (so the door can open)...and the sailing ceremony was not postponed because of the alignment of the stars...or the scheduling of those invited to attend...it was delayed because of the sinking of a ship.....as the original poster stated

stateroom_diagram_rp_oceanview_double_with_balcony.gif

i know i have been spoiled by regent 7 seas cruises where ui get lovely documents in leather walletys

I think your first mistake was expecting Princess to be anything like Regent. Daring to compare the two cruise lines is a dangerous game. Regent will beat hands down Princess in every way... except in price!

As the old saying goes, you get what you pay for and as you know all too well, Regent is much more expensive but you reap the rewards in everything from the ground up.

Remember, Regent is a six star cruise line

Princess is a five star cruise line.

Well I don't care if my cruise tickets come in a brown paper bag on tolet tissue as long as I get to cruise. I think it would be neat to see a ship cristened, but after sailing for a couple of months anyway it seems to be after the fact. Enjoy the cruise, those little issues would not get me upset. After cruising Carnival and Disney, both with a sofa, we really did not miss it last December on the Star. Our next cruise is on Princess, we really prefer this line now.

Dear Chrysalis,

I know why the naming ceremony was cancelled, what I was getting at is that several times in the past inaugural sailings have been delayed and therefore folks originally booked on the first sailing (and able to attend the naming ceremony) don't get what they wished for.

As far as balconey cabins having sofas - in all of the balconey cabins I have been in, none have had sofas. Obviously in your experience the Royal does have them. So you're right, on that point perhaps I was wrong.

Dear Chrysalis,

I know why the naming ceremony was cancelled, what I was getting at is that several times in the past inaugural sailings have been delayed and therefore folks originally booked on the first sailing (and able to attend the naming ceremony) don't get what they wished for.

My girlfriend was booked on the first Disney cruise and the ship wasn' t ready on time. She was quite disappointed having to change her cruise to a later date, since the first sailing it did go out on was totally booked.

Be glad he whole cruise isn't canceled - just go and enjoy yourself. If that is the biggest disappointment you have going on in your life, consider yourself lucky.

i booked the 8th may on the royal princess specifically to see the double naming in santoirini i quite understand thenm cancelling the event them in respect forthe sea diamond going down . they send all the stars from happy days,brady bunch and love boat to athens to have it on the emerald over a week ago it was said. but the ROYAL PRINCESS???? a have to wait a week to learn today its not happening on my cruise its in portofino in june IAM ABSOLUTLY MAD ABOUT THIS!!! i'm sure they could have done it at some other port on our cruise rather than delay it for a month. i have written to both my t/a and PRINCESS about this it will be interesting to see if i get a reply!! i have onl;y been on princes once befoire, the entertainment was the best thing then. i get my travel documents ands they are dire!!!! 1 piece of paper!! that is the cruise ticket!!! i know i have been spoiled by regent 7 seas cruises where ui get lovely documents in leather walletys but i expect better from princess. i have an connecting door in the brochure it says that i only get an armchair and not a sofa!!! i hope this is not so as i waslooking forward to a sofa.

dave

You may as well just cancel the cruise and stay home then; I'm sorry but it sounds like your gearing up to have a miserable time.

How about getting to see the Med? Being on a new ship? Nah, it's all crap compared to the document folder, isn't it?

I'm used to cruising HAL and getting a wonderful document pouch every time - but it's not a deal breaker. I can't stress this enough: research, research, research.

Dear Chrysalis,

As far as balconey cabins having sofas - in all of the balconey cabins I have been in, none have had sofas. Obviously in your experience the Royal does have them. So you're right, on that point perhaps I was wrong.

As been stated , one needs to look at the Deck plans. Deck 9 does have sofa Beds but not in all rooms, so you need to check carefully when reading the Decks and the adjacent symbos, what rooms have what. If you wish a sofa bed then look at the symbols to learn what each means.We will have a sofa bed on our Cruise Oct 08, but I can enjoy myself if it isn't there.

Sorry you weren't pleased on your second Princess cruise....

I hope you used the spell check utility before writing your t/a and PRINCESS.

~~~~~~~

spoiled by regent 7 seas cruises....:rolleyes: ...:confused: Well, now you know which cruise line your prefer....Simple as that...

Good Luck on all your future cruises.....Remember nothing's perfect....;) ..:)

I'm sorry you're disappointed but none of those things would be earth-shattering to me.

Disappointment is learning 12 days before your holiday cruise when you have all your flights booked and vacation time set to go that the (new) ship isn't ready and your cruise has been cancelled. That happened to us on the Coral. Fortunately, we were able to get on an RCL cruise but had to change our flights at a cost of almost $900/pp. (It's the holidays, remember, and all flights have been booked for six months.) THAT, my friend, is disappointment but we made the best of it and had a great vacation/holiday.

dave

......I am writing on behalf of Louis Hellenic Cruise Lines........to apologize to you...........for sinking our ship and spoiling your Royal Naming Ceremony...:o

.........and maybe the Happy Days, Brady Bunch and Love Boat stars had to go to Athens..........cuz they were only booked for one gig....;)

Well, gee, if that's all that's upsetting you...

We went on the Sapphire Princess two months after it starting sailing and have a blast.

BTW, one of the Brady Bunch kids was in gym with me in high school one semester. That was when she was on the show so she probably missed school some of the time and was tutored on the set. But then I didn't watch the show so I wouldn't have known her even if she was standing next to me.

LLL.

We had a B2b Booking in the best suite on a cruise ship leaving from Manhattan , NYC, NY and No Long Shoremen there, years ago..?

We had to bring our own baggage aboard. Thats when I shopuld have not even gone up the gangplank.

The Cabin looked clean..not the ship though.. we had over 21 major lih=ghting fixtures and 7 worked... this is in the fall so chilly and they had the air conditioning on?

I had to get my own blankets for my wife as she was already in layers..

The room attendants got them from another couple of cabins ...

We went to eat in the dining hall which was ok but the next day we went to the Buffet ..which we now use this term in all ..well not so well culinary UnDelights) SlopLine.. each day they had the same things ... and not a very wide selection either...

But we stayed aboard and weathered the cruise and ship..

My wife told me to let it ride and just laugh.. even though it was the worst trip on any ship then and now we ever had.. yes worse than the hurricanes etc...

So we do Live, Laugh and Learned a lot from this past ..

Just go forward and later you shall probably laugh about what happened as you are not really able to do much about what happened now.

Did you have cancelation Insurance ? A Primary Policy?

This was the perfect time to use it in your benefit.:cool:

dave

I'm glad I'm not sailing on the same ship as you...

Archived