Just Because of You?

I just used JBOY to order a basket of capitan morgans and snacks for my hubby and some smirnoff for myself... it was a great deal it came to 54.00 including all taxes and charges (carnival charges 5.00)Shelly was great to work with!!

Has anyone used JBOY out of San Diego? I called them this AM and they said they have to call San Diego port authorities to see if they can still deliver to that port this year - I guess the new season is starting for San Diego deliveries as the repositioning starts. Haven't heard a word back.

Has anyone used another service out of San Diego?

I'll be very disappointed if this doesn't work out because evryone says JBOY is great and a good value.

Any other suggestions?

Spoke to them today and they are no longer delivering in Miami to any RCCL ships. He said that the sanctions came down on them today. I was shocked. Really disappointed because I for once, didn't want to have to resort to smuggling in my luggage/clothes. Anyone else talk with them today?

Dear Nurse:

That is very interesting. I wonder if they can't deliver to the whole port or only to RCCL.

I still never heard back from them today on whether they can deliver to San Diego or not. I priced other delivery services,but they are more expensive than what other have quoted from JBOY (like Wellwishers, for one).

May have to end up ordering from ship.

Spoke to them today and they are no longer delivering in Miami to any RCCL ships. He said that the sanctions came down on them today. I was shocked. Really disappointed because I for once, didn't want to have to resort to smuggling in my luggage/clothes. Anyone else talk with them today?

I just booked with them Friday August 17th for an Oct delivery I guess I am going to have to call them and find out whats going on. We are crusing on Carnival so I wonder if this is only for RCCL.

I ordered a basket from JBOY for my honeymoon cruise aboard the Carnival Legend on 8/5. The basket never arived. I left repeated messages as did the purser, and neither I nor the purser ever got a call back. Since returning from my cruise, I have tried several times to contact them, and after about a week of no response from them, a man answered one day when I called. I was so excited to finally get a live person on the phone !!

He said that somebody on the Legend signed for my basket and until he could verify what happened, no refund for me. Never and I'm sorry or anything. As I was hanging up the phone, I made a comment to my husband about the man's attitude, not meaning for him to hear me. He did hear me and he called me back cursing at me, and using all kind of "F" words and such. Haven't heard from them since, and not refund either. Next time, I will order from the BonVoyage department so that I can fix any problems while I am still on the ship !!

Thank you, Mommy Holly, for your heads up about your experience with JBOY. Something about all of this doesn't feel right to me. I have called twice and both times this guy answered and he wasn't very friendly or very helpful. I think his name was Lewis. Never once have I talked with Shelley who everyone says is so helpful.

I think I will go with what my gut says on this one (especially after your report) and go through the HAL Bon Voyage Dept. I have made two phone calls and they still haven't let me know whether it's possible to deliver to San Diego, so adios.

Hello,

I just wanted to add some advise that could help if anyone orders anything from anyone - if you haven't received your gift basket, do NOT call guest services, call housekeeping ASAP since they are the ones who are responsible for seeing that the items get to your rooms. Sometimes but not often, if there is a room change at the ports, the gift basket could go to your older room number and if you call right away, it can be retrieved or the cruise line will make it up to you. Once in a great while it has happen here in Port Canaveral but it has never been a major problem. Just a tip for anywhere you may cruise.

Always

Shirley

Just for the record...I never got a response back after my two calls trying to order for my 10/2 cruise out of San Diego. I guess they didn't want my business very badly.

Never even a call back to say they had a problem with delivering to that port. According to what I have read they delivered there last year. The guy on the phone was not friendly or helpful at all.

I consider that to be red flag...Not interested in ordering from them now.

So, does RCCL have a service available where you can call and arrange to have a bottle or 2 (at a much higher price, of course) delivered to your cabin prior to departure?

I want to say I have read on these boards that Carnival does, called Bon Voyage or something. But I can't remember if I've seen where Royal does?

Anyone know?

So, does RCCL have a service available where you can call and arrange to have a bottle or 2 (at a much higher price, of course) delivered to your cabin prior to departure?

I want to say I have read on these boards that Carnival does, called Bon Voyage or something. But I can't remember if I've seen where Royal does?

Anyone know?

If you go to the RCCL web site, find the "Deals & Gifts" then drop down to "Shop Gifts & Gear", you see a few selections. We ordered a bottle of bubbly, and it was in our room, on ice with two lovely glasses, ready to pop and bid Galveston good-bye. It is on the expensive side, but you don't have to worry about smuggling:eek:

• 2 weeks later...

This is part of my review of 8.26 Mariner of the Seas. I was unimpressed. It is just not worth it.

We had ordered a gift basket from Just Because of You (JBOY) after hearing such great reviews on Cruise Critic. I did talk to Lewis there on several occasions and he was very helpful in getting particular types of wines and particular types of chocolate covered pretzels, mixed nuts, and Diet Coke. We learned a few days before the cruise about the new no alcohol policy, so I had added some extra Diet Coke to our basket (you can never have too much!) and kept the milk chocolate and white chocolate covered pretzels (Lewis had confirmed that they had my DH’s favorite brand, which I had ordered as a surprise for him). We arrived to the room to find our gift basket, but it was not even close to what we had ordered. Instead, we had gourmet chocolates and a different type of soda. I was very disappointed. I called and left a message before we left port that I did not intend to pay for $40 - $50 for items I did not want or request. I can see a partial refund on my credit card, but not all of it (some is attributable to the two bottles of wine that they could not deliver), so I will have to deal with that this week. I have to agree with the earlier poster that JBOY is very helpful on the phone, but just could not get it right when it came to delivery (the earlier poster referenced promises for great kid-friendly baskets and then received gourmet chocolates). I do not understand what all the fuss was about regarding having wine in one’s own room. It is very easy (and expected) to purchase a bottle of wine on the ship in Vintages (the wine bar) or other bars and take it back to your room. They will give it to you unopened and the room steward can give you a corkscrew (or you can start the bottle at Vintages and take the rest of it with you to your room or to the dining room). Yes, the wine is marked up more than in a grocery store, but not significantly more than in any other restaurant or than JBOY prices. There were plenty of decent bottles in the $30 - $35 range (same as JBOY prices) as well as much more expensive wines and some cheaper ones in the $20+ range. It just is not worth the hassle of the gift basket or trying to sneak it on.

As far as I know, RCCL is very strict about no alcohol on board. From the other posts I've read, most people use those rum rummer flasks. They pack them in their check on luggage to the ship and place them in the bottom of the suitcases. They are all plastic and leak proof so not detected. I only want to use this as my last resort, but I'm not sure there is a more economical way. Any tips, anyone? I am talking about bringing one bottle, not cases of anything.

Thanks.

Archived