Just Because of You?

One more thing....can someone give me an idea of what you've paid for a basket (and what was in the basket)? I'm thinking about ordering several for our family cruise and just wanted to get an idea before I called. Thanks!

I ordered 1 bottle of Smirnoff Vanilla Vodka, 1 bottle of Raspberry Vodka and 1 bottle of Captain Morgan. The delivery was waiting for us when we arrived in our cabin at 1pm. It was delivered in a cute little beach bag. Well worth the price and no hassle or "naughty room" to go to. It was $91 total. Wanda

OK....I'm not new here....but what are you talking about:confused:

What baskets?

From where?

Are they a custom content order?

Is JBOY the web site./company??

Help...more info..........I like this:D

Are they totally reliable?????????

Last cruise, we received a comp from Carnival of a wonderful fruit/cheese/cracker/cheese basket.....

this was fabulous.............even tho this was a comp last cruise, I was considering ordering it for my upcoming cruise.......

Except for the bananas, it almost lasted the entire cruise.

Thank you for the info...........

A company called "Just Because of You", commonly abbreviated JBOY. They deliver gift baskets, usually themed. While they are ostensibly used by family or associates who want to give someone going on a cruise a unique gift, they are commonly used by folks who want to give themselves a gift of beer, wine, or liquor. While not as cheap as buying it at the store yourself, you get it delivered to you on the ship without paying as much as buying from the cruise line directly, plus you have the advantage of having a wider selection of beverages to choose from.

I just gave a call to JBOY about getting wine for cruise based out of Tampa, and boy was this upsetting. JBOY claimed their Tampa distributer charged them significantly more than the Miami/Lauderdale distro, and they were passing these really bad prices right on to the customer. The short of this is that the prices he quoted me for wine were comparable to Carnival prices. JBOY needs a new Tampa distributor! The Miami/Lauderdale prices were really expensive, but still significantly less than the Carnival prices.

For example, there is some crummy Talus they are selling for $15 which is $4.50 at my Tampa discount store. Benton Lane is $40 out of Tampa, $30 out Miami, and $17 at the Tampa discount liquor store.

With that in mind, the Carnival wine cellar is miserably limited, so the ridiculous JBOY prices may make it worthwhile (still not justified though). Carnival looks likey they have the same selection you might have at your crummy neighborhood grocery store.

On the other hand

The liquor prices were only a few more dollars than the prices in Miami/Lauderdale, so I could see buying JBOY liquor in Tampa.

What baskets?

From where?

Are they a custom content order?

Is JBOY the web site./company??

Help...more info..........I like this:D

Are they totally reliable?????????

Last cruise' date=' we received a comp from Carnival of a wonderful fruit/cheese/cracker/cheese basket.....[/color']

this was fabulous.............even tho this was a comp last cruise, I was considering ordering it for my upcoming cruise.......

Except for the bananas, it almost lasted the entire cruise.

Thank you for the info...........

Not much of a website but here you go:

http://justbecause.addictscay.com/

I just called JBOY to see about getting a delivery for my August cruise from Galveston. The guy said they no longer do Galveston due to the new liquor law. I askd what it was and he said that no alcohol could be consumed until the ship was 3 miles out of port?!?

Anybody else heard of this?:eek:

FYI -

JBOY is great with great prices but they can not deliver baskets to ships docked in Galveston or New Orleans. Believe me I have tried. Something to do with a new a liquor law now in affect prevents them from delivering to any ship docked in these ports.

BUMMER :mad:

Hi, I have used Shelley at JBOY before to deliver beer to our stateroom. We ordered 2 cases sent to 2 different rooms. It came with a lovely gift card. Our cabin stewards kept the beer on ice for us. It was just great.

We've ordered again for our Mariner cruise in July.

It was very reasonable.

Can't wait!!

Ellen

Hi, I have used Shelley at JBOY before to deliver beer to our stateroom. We ordered 2 cases sent to 2 different rooms. It came with a lovely gift card. Our cabin stewards kept the beer on ice for us. It was just great.

We've ordered again for our Mariner cruise in July.

It was very reasonable.

Can't wait!!

Ellen

I used JBOY on my latest cruise on Elation from Port Canaveral. We ordered a bottle of Kahlua, a bottle of Stoli & a 24 pack of Pepsi for $100. Everything was in our suite by noon. The liquor was bubble wrapped in a colorful tote bag. The bag was wrapped in colored plastic wrap & decked out with ribbons. The Pepsi was wrapped in Bon Voyage wrapping paper with a big bow on it.

Shelly was a pleasure to work with. I will be ordering from her again for my Liberty cruise in January.

I used JBOY on my latest cruise on Elation from Port Canaveral. We ordered a bottle of Kahlua, a bottle of Stoli & a 24 pack of Pepsi for $100. Everything was in our suite by noon. The liquor was bubble wrapped in a colorful tote bag. The bag was wrapped in colored plastic wrap & decked out with ribbons. The Pepsi was wrapped in Bon Voyage wrapping paper with a big bow on it.

Shelly was a pleasure to work with. I will be ordering from her again for my Liberty cruise in January.

How much did you pay for the 24pk of Pepsi alone?

I've ordered with JBOY as well. They charge $12 for a 12 pack of soda. Yes, expensive but not as much as a soda costs on the ship. Plus, it's conveniently there for you in your room.

Mom2girls-

That's including delivery? Wow, that's really a good deal compared to the cruiseline.

Just another FYI for those who wish to use JBOY's services: I called about getting a delivery to the NYC pier and the man I spoke to said they were not able to deliver there right now, but were arranging to have that available in the next few months.

Like ddoll said there are some new threads stating that JBOY deliveries are being refused by some cruise lines because of the loss of booze $. Better do a search on your lines boards.

Archived