What's with the fellow workers who don't get your love for cruising?

The comments; the wise-cracks; the lack of interest; the looks from my fellow workers is so disparaging!

How can you cruise so much? What is there to do? You're stuck on a ship in the middle of the ocean-how boring? The comments go on and on!

What do you say? I've yet to find anyone, on my job, who loves it as much as I do......

That's why, I guess, I have you guys! ;)

The comments; the wise-cracks; the lack of interest; the looks from my fellow workers is so disparaging!

How can you cruise so much? What is there to do? You're stuck on a ship in the middle of the ocean-how boring? The comments go on and on!

What do you say? I've yet to find anyone, on my job, who loves it as much as I do......

I don't even bother to explain. I say see you next week and they say AGAIN

I believe my exact words were...oh I never knew you'd taken a cruise before, as you've never mentioned it, knowing full well the only boat she had ever been on was a 20 foot fishing craft with the words evinrude on the motor. Then I got....well my mother said...she 'd never cruised either.

The easiest response is don't knock it until you've tried it.:p

Who cares what they think?

Same thing goes for people who challenge your choice of cruise line. Who cares? I like what I like; they like what they like. I can't, for the life of me, figure out why people go camping. But to each his own.

My parents dont get it (neither do my friends but they are more polite). My mom said "so when are you going to stay home? I said you mean all the time? Why would I want to stay home?

No one gets it either that I know, thats why Im always here posting.

It's not always co-workers. It's sometimes someone much closer to you. Before my 1st cruise, I could not get my wife to even consider it. I wanted to try it out badly but she wanted no part of it. So, my 1st cruise was solo. I enjoyed it but knew it would be much better with her than without.

Several years (quite a few) later I must have said the right thing at the right time because she agreed to try it. One was all it took. She got the fever and became one of 'us'. We can't go as often as I'd like but we're leaving for our 3rd one together in a few days. We keep to ourselves mostly because it is special quality time together for us.

I think a person has to experience it for themselves before they can either appreciate it or hate it.

They are just jealous because they think they are smarter to drive to a beach for 12 hours, stay at Ed's Beds, eat at McDonalds at least two times a day and they are having a "cheaper" , better vacation.

I'm known around the office as the "cruise king" and I love it.

I really like it when I meet someone who is excited about their first upcoming cruise and they ask if I've ever been on one. ...just a few.

What about close friends. We do everything together - except vacations. They prefer to golf and we prefer to cruise. Hey we golf every weekend during the summer. We try to cruise during the cold winter months. But, I will go anytime I can get a deal.

Well, I finally got a girlfriend and her hubby to go with us in March - guess what? She and I are going in Sept. and lettnig the guys go golf! lol

Ok...I admit it. Before my first cruise I did not think I would like a cruise.

I read the book Skipping Christmas when it came out and on impulse talked my DH into surprising our 4 boys with a summer cruise for Christmas. OH my...you should have heard the screaming. My house was literally shaking from all the jumping!

I found CC soon after we booked--months before our cruise--and fell in love with cruising, long before stepping foot on the ship. My boys fell in love with it and now I can't imagine not cruising.

My two older boys are getting older --21 and 24--and serious about their girlfriends. I told my Dh I was sad that this might be our last "family" cruise. (I know.....we will go without them, but I love cruising with my boys!!)

My DH (God love him!!) smirked and said "Are you kidding? We will book them on an inside with their spouses and they will love it!"

After thinking about it and their love of cruising, I know he is right!!

So...when people look at me with confused looks when I tell them about my "next" cruise, I realized they are like a bunny in the woods. They don't know any better!:D

To each their own, why do you feel you have to say anything to them anyway? I wouldn't bother. They just don't get it! So don't fret over it. You and I both know you will have a great time each time you go.

Annieeee

I found CC soon after we booked--months before our cruise--and fell in love with cruising, long before stepping foot on the ship. My boys fell in love with it and now I can't imagine not cruising.

I wish I had found CC before my first cruise:D

Well, I wish you good luck on the "inside" booking part.

Our sons are now 31, 23 and 15...

balcony snobs one and all. lol

and yes, the 23 and 15 year old are cruising next month...(xcept this time i doubt they get that CAT 11 upgrade they got 3 years ago.)

I never thought I would like cruising either, and find myself booking a cruise each and every year.

Already contemplating where to go next...Southern C/ALaska/Med...

decisions decisions

Come to think of it... I know of 5 friends from all over the USA and Canada that have cruises booked. Four friends from the East coast, West coast, and Canada just cruised a few months ago. One friend from the East just returned last weekend... another from the west is leaving for one on Friday, I'm leaving in 10 days, another is leaving two weeks later, and I just helped my Canadian friend book a cruise for February.

All these friends love to travel... to Hawaii, on cruises, and to Europe.:)

So... I guess I don't get the Look...

My dw and I were avid fans of the Love Boat and we always talked about crusing but never did anything. We were planning a trip to Hawaii with a time share. We found the cost of air fare more then we could afford and suddenly booked a cruise with our ds. We went on the Big Red Boat which then sailed out of Port Canaveral. We all had a great time. A few years later I went on my first Carnival ship Jubilee with a cousin. d/w and I then went another cruise for our 25th Wedding anniversary. Our next cruise was to Alaska, I went with my cousin again on the Conquest. D/W and I are going in Nov 2007 and again in Nov 2008. We sure do enjoy crusing.

Robb

I agree , to each their own.

A lot of the people I work with love skiing. I hate snow and ice and cold , so there isn't enough booze in the bar in the lodge to get my butt on a cold mountain, standing in line forever to get on a lift.

God bless them, they go to their mountain, I go to my ship :)

I'm sorry. My mind simply cannot process 'lack of interest',

'disparaging looks' and "You're stuck on a ship in the middle of the ocean-how boring?" :rolleyes:

I can't belive people would actually say that! You must be lying. ;) With that said, I think DANSU is right on this one. They have never been on one! I just came back from my first, and it certainly wont be close to being my last.

My DH (God love him!!) smirked and said "Are you kidding? We will book them on an inside with their spouses and they will love it!"

After thinking about it and their love of cruising, I know he is right!!

Too cute. I believe your dh is right. Our son went on his first cruise with us one year before he met his wife. The next 2 years they both went with us. The 3rd year they were married on a ship. And the last 3 years they have been on 2 cruises a year with us as husband and wife......

Just can't seem to get rid of them LOL!

Archived