May 3rd Weigh-In...Fun is in here!

Hi fellow losers! I hope all of you had a great week! I'm sad to say that Belle is away again. Hopefully, she'll continue to pop in here when she can. Keep her and her parents in your thoughts and prayers. :)

I stayed the same this week. I'm going to try and lose a few pounds before my cruise (almost 3 weeks away) to give me a little cushion. I've been sick this week and haven't been able to exercise as much. And we all know that when we're sick, we like our comfort food. Sigh.

How did you do?

Daniel ~ If you want to throw a poem in, please do....or how about one of your famous quotes? ;)

I've been exercising really hard, and it's paying off! This was a great week for me -- I lost 3.5 pounds again this week! I also lost .5 inch from my waist and .5 inch from my thighs. Hips won't budge, though. :(

Here's my 15-week countdown:

April 19 (15 weeks til I leave): 137.5 lbs. :(

April 26 (14 weeks): 134 :)

May 3 (13 weeks): 130.5 :)

Poems are not really my thing, so I will give you a quote. I hope it does not repeat something I have used before, but as always the quote is what hits my fancy and talks to me when I read them. So here goes:

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Maybe I ought to start reading and applying and doing again, huh?

This is the second week of my diet and I struggled to lose 1.5# (I had a friend that told me to stop being so hard on myself - so I've decided to be very excited!!) - I have to lose 10 pounds to be where I was last October BUT I am 17 pounds less than I was last year at this time).

I'm going to keep plugging away - I'm on a roll! Good Luck to all - Jan

Good Morning and way to go for the loosers!

This morning I am at the same weight as last Thursday - so no gain, that's good! :) No loss, need to keep working at it!:(

Have a great day!

I along with several others on this board seem to have a case of the crud that we are sharing. Because of this I did not have my platelet appointment this week so I don't know if I went up or down or stayed the same. I only use the scale at the office so I usually weigh every other week.

Hi, all -

Somehow I got busy and missed last week - hope everyone did well. Good thing I didn't check in here on Monday as I would have been way up - have been really good for three days and am now down .5. It was the last show of the season this past weekend, so there were parties (with lots of food) all over the showhall - it was like a minefield of goodies and I did succumb - especially after a couple of bellinis. One enterprising gal somehow brought dozens of dixie cups of ice cream to share. There was even a vendor (this was a CAT show mind you) selling bags of every kind of candy/nutmix, etc., you can imagine.

On the upside, I was able to jump right back on the wagon Monday morning and have officially signed up at a gym. My first session was yesterday, and I'm going back today. Hopefully, next week will show a nice loss.

3.5 pounds is awesome, but the inches are even better. Keep up the great work!

Thanks! I feel awesome now, but I know the next couple weeks' results won't be so great. This week I have my birthday on Monday and DH's birthday on Thursday, then we're going on a 4-day vacation, then Mother's Day! There will be way too many excuses to eat way too much! :eek:

Thanks! I feel awesome now, but I know the next couple weeks' results won't be so great. This week I have my birthday on Monday and DH's birthday on Thursday, then we're going on a 4-day vacation, then Mother's Day! There will be way too many excuses to eat way too much! :eek:

Darci ~ You can do it!!! Just eat smaller portions and have a "taste" of everything. That's what I do and it works. Good luck!

Thanks Sheila! I'm really going to try to keep everything under control during the next two weeks. I'm so sick and tired of yo-yoing. I'm really trying to think of this as my new healthy lifestyle, rather than thinking, "In 3 more days I'll be off my diet," and then eating like crazy because I'm "off my diet."

It would be a great birthday present to myself to finally put an end to my 15 years of yo-yoing and just be a healthy, normal person! :)

Darci ~ I've lost and gained the same 20 lbs many times because I was officially "off my diet." Now, it is a lifestyle that I'll live with forever. Really does make a difference when that finally clicks in your head. Now that it has for you, you're on your way! :D

Okay, I'm a day late in posting, but I made my goal! I lost 2 lbs. this week to reach a current weight of 149.5 lbs., actually a half pound below my goal, but I'll take it! And just in time for our sailing this Sunday! Woo hoo!

I actually reached this weight last Saturday, but this past week has been a bit screwy in terms of tracking my calories and exercise, because I had to make a last-minute trip to NJ for family reasons, so I'm glad I've been able to maintain that weight without gaining. The last couple of days I've been better about keeping track of my food, but I haven't been able to get much exercise in, opting instead to spend my time preparing for our cruise. I'm definitely ready for this trip, I need some serious relaxing.

After the cruise, it'll be back on the calorie monitoring and exercise plan as I'd eventually like to get down to 140.

Perkyblue - have a wonderful time on your birthday!!!

TrishOB - Congratulations on your loss

You are all such good motivators. Everyone at work is on diets and I get to hear ... I lost 4 pounds, 3 pounds, etc. and my 1 1/2# for the week just gets looks!!! Everyone is different. Today one of my co-workers and I went for a nice walk at lunch - it felt so nice to be outside.

DH has informed me that he has lost 10 pounds in the same amount of time that I have lost 3, I'm always amazed at how quickly some men lose!

We have been eating very healthy and I have more energy I'm hoping that it continues to be a life style change - tonight DH started dinner and its been nice to cook together.

Have a wonderful evening all. Jan

Archived