Corrupt memory card

Today my dd graduated from college. I had taken many pictures on my digital camera when, to my dismay, a message comes up "card unreadable." Well, I tried to download what was on the card to the computer, and it shows nothing on it. :(

So, I go on-line and download a bunch of recovery software. None of it works for me.:(

I think I'll try to send it Werecoverdata.com, if it isn't too expensive. There are some pretty important pics on the card.

Has anyone had any experience with a situation like this?:confused:

I've found that the free revovery software online is worth every penny you pay for it! :(

I have had good luck with the RescuePro software that came with my Sandisk ExtremeIII SD card.

If you now have a corrupt card and want to get a new one, I would suggest picking up an ExtremeIII (2GB SD or CF on Amazon under $50) and using the RescuePro software that comes with it. The cards themselves are excellent and the software is a great bonus.

Ironically, I use Sandish almost exclusively and have only had to use their rescue software on other brands that friends have had problems with.

Another well-rated package is PhotoRescue. They offer a free trial demo that will confirm that it will work on your problem before you buy. The demo is free, of course, and can be down loaded through here: http://www.nikondigital.org/products/rescue/photorescue.htm If you decide to buy, it's only $29 direct.

Good luck!

Dave

• 5 weeks later...
Today my dd graduated from college. I had taken many pictures on my digital camera when, to my dismay, a message comes up "card unreadable." Well, I tried to download what was on the card to the computer, and it shows nothing on it. :(

Just a thought I am not technically inclined but if there is a write protect (little square in corner)on the memory card check it ... it looks like the one on the 3.5 in disks for the computer.

I corrupted my memory card in my camera by putting it in the front pocket of my purse - which has a magnetic closure!

I wasn't able to recover the pictures - which was not a tragedy since I'd already downloaded them onto my PC, I just left them on the card since it's easier to take to the photo-printing kiosks in the stores that way - but my son was able to "uncorrupt" the card by taking my good memory card, copying something off of it, then pushing that file (or whatever it was) back from the computer to the bad card. Knew there was a good reason for keeping that kid around! :D

And now I am very careful about where I keep my memory cards! :D

Archived