Miami and Fort Lauderdale restaurants

tortoni

Hi,:) there are so many places to eat.....I can't give you too many Miami recommendations...though Joe's Stone Crab in Coconut Grove comes to mind....its quite famous.

In FLL....all along 17th Street and Las Olas Blvd are many choices.

Bravo (Italian) on 17th is one of my FAVORITE places to eat.....I am going there for the 3rd time next month:D. Binimi Boat Yard, 15th Street Fisheries,

Carlos and Pepes, Shula's Steak House, Kelleys are just to name a few...there is also Outback and Hops.....

Now, along Las Olas are tons of places....from Mark's to Mango's......

Hope this helps you a little bit!

Hey, thanks. We are staying at Marriott Harbor Beach. Can we get to any of these spots from there? ANyone been to Cheeburger, Cheeburger? The kids have been clamoring about this one.

Oh The Marriott Harbor Beach is very nice:D ......it is near 17th Street..but I would take a cab...it won't cost you too much. (Its too far to walk~in my opinion).

Cheeburger.......I think there is one on Las Olas.......and there might be one north near the Galleria.

Smoothdancer,

You are not alone in your opinion about 15th Street Fisheries. I, too, was disappointed in my dinner there. For the quality of what was served, it was too expensive. And, it was too dark! (I don't mind restaurants with low light levels, but it was so dark I found it very difficult to even read the menu.)

To make matters worse, I finished my dinner around 10:00 P.M. and went out on the dock to await the Water Taxi. Due to the dark, they did not see me standing there and did not stop at the dock! I had to take a taxi back to my hotel. An expensive evening that was not worth the effort: that is my judgement. (But, another travel experience to remember!)

Hi:) I have never eaten at 15th Street before.......don't plan on going there next month either....

Bravo is wonderful:) Italian, fresh made.......and lots of "locals" eat there!....

This will be my 3rd time.....cannot wait:D

We went to Bimini's Backyard. We will NEVER go back. It was highly priced for very small portions!!!

We were suprised at the small choice of dining options! We ended up eating at Olive Garden and Macroni Grill.

Hi Trixsea...I have been there as well.........excellent Mexican..they have been there for more than 20 years........must be doing something right:D ...food is excellent and fantastic ritas too:D ..when I want Mexican in FLL, that is where I eat!

Grandma's in Ft. Lauderdale has wonderful salads, sandwiches and crepes.

Also, they have wonderful home-made ice cream.

Las Vegas Cuban restaurant is wonderful and a great family place. Large portions and very reasonable prices. There's one in Ft. L and one in Miami.

Shooters in Ft. L is right on the water and a nice casual spot.

JAne

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the posts. We are just back and tried many of these places. Aruba on the Beach in Lauderdale by the Seas was very nice. Bubba Gumps in Miami was fine. Thought Bravo was just okay--the sauce tasted like tomato soup. Hops was fun. Places on Las Olas were nice--particularly the Ice Cream spot--Kirwins. Jaxson's on Route 1 was a fun atmosphere and the largest ice cream treats I have ever seen.

Hi Tortoni...glad you and your family had a good time:) Sorry Bravo's wasn't very good for you:(

I have been there twice.....I love it.....don't recall the sauce tasting that way:eek:

but I usually do a white sauce....either white clam, alfredo, or garlic, butter and olive oil.

Oh well, sounds like your other choices were fun:)

Hi:) The Marriott is along 17th Street....lots of choices of restaurants...all will hold a group of 20...they are used to having lots of people...as they are all near the port...so lots of cruisers are always visiting.

Depends on what type of food you want......Italian, Mexican, Seafood, Steaks, they are all available.....Bravo(the one we were just talking about) is Italian,

Carlos and Pepes is Mexican, Bimini Boatyard is Seafood, Outback, Hops, and lots of restaurants along Las Olas Blvd too......and the Marriott Marina is on the water taxi route and can take you over to Las Olas!

two places that I highly recommend but hesitate to share....(I grew up in FtL)

Southport Raw Bar and Quarterdeck are on Cordova Rd, which intersects 17th street, they're about 2 blocks north. both are non pretentious locals places w/ great food and drinks. Q'deck is on the left as you head away from 17th st, and Southport is directly across on the right side (they have a waterfront deck out back, too, I think water taxi stops there....)

one more really cool place that not many people know about.... the Chef's Palette is the Art Institute's Cooking School's restaurant... it's on 17th near the light at Eisenhower (port entrance road) they close over typical semester breaks, but are worth checking out if they're open... very reasonable prices for wonderful fresh, and artfully prepared food... you can see the studnets and the master chef preparing your food through big windows between the dining room and kitchen. http://www.aifl.edu/aboutus/chefspalette.asp

beer and wine only, not a happy hour spot... Carlos and Pepe's Raspberry Marg's or the Q'deck or So'port Raw Bar are my choices there!:p

Archived