Forward Cabin

lasharon

Lasharon:

Last year on Explorer of the Seas, DH/I stayed in a forward balcony cabin (9224). This was our first time being in the forward section of the ship and yes you do feel more movement. We normally stay mid-ship or close to the aft which has less motion.

Good luck with planning your cruise and hope everything will work out.

Sea ya!

Has anyone stayed in a Forward (front of ship) cabin - and I do mean Forward???? We are looking at a cruise and there are only a few cabins left - all forward.:eek:

May not be the only cabins available. On on-line web-sites they frequently show only forward or aft available, but if you call the cruiseline you'll find more choices.

When we first started checking for a cruise it seemed that 9 cabins were all that were available. Later on there were still 9 cabins listed BUT these were different than the first ones listed.

We have been way forward on a couple of cruises. One good thing about being that far forward is that there is very little traffic in the hallways, so you don't get much hallway noise.

Our next one is waaaay forward (first cabin) going from Boston to Bermuda on a smaller ship. I am prepared for some real rocking and rolling but I actually enjoy it. I like to feel like I am on a ship and not in a hotel :D

We have been way forward on a couple of cruises. One good thing about being that far forward is that there is very little traffic in the hallways, so you don't get much hallway noise.

Our next one is waaaay forward (first cabin) going from Boston to Bermuda on a smaller ship. I am prepared for some real rocking and rolling but I actually enjoy it. I like to feel like I am on a ship and not in a hotel :D

I'm with you, I love the movement. Next cruise we are right next the bridge, so now I know to expect more rockin' and rollin'. Yeah!

Hi, I hope that I am doing this correctly, still learning this posting stuff. I am sailing on Carnival Glory on June 2 and my family has 2 Balcony rooms on the Verandah Deck, one is the 2nd from the front 8204 and mine is a litle ways down - 8248, Anyone know anything about these? I get dizzy when I feel the movement, not really sick, just dizzy liteheadedness...Any clues??? I would greatly appreciate them, Thank you very much! I was at the back on the upper deck U182 on Elation and it went fine, just when I went to the theatre in the front. Help! :) Thanks!

Hi, I hope that I am doing this correctly, still learning this posting stuff. I am sailing on Carnival Glory on June 2 and my family has 2 Balcony rooms on the Verandah Deck, one is the 2nd from the front 8204 and mine is a litle ways down - 8248, Anyone know anything about these? I get dizzy when I feel the movement, not really sick, just dizzy liteheadedness...Any clues??? I would greatly appreciate them, Thank you very much! I was at the back on the upper deck U182 on Elation and it went fine, just when I went to the theatre in the front. Help! :) Thanks!

Honestly, each person and each voyage can be different. So, there will be some who will respond back saying it's no big deal and others who say it would be a problem for him. Typically, the more mid ship you go the less movement of the ship you'll feel. If the seas are rocky and you are prone to sea sickness then you are more apt to feel the movement in the most foward cabins. But at this point since you are all set with your rooms I wouldn't worry it. You'll gain more experience from this cruise and then for your next cruise you'll know better where to be on the ship.

For us, we try to go as mid ship as we can based on availability.

Keith

Thanks for the input. I was the only one in my family that felt the light-headedness at the front, maybe it will be different this time, hopefully.I just couldn't get over the feeling, like being in an airplane and hitting an air pocket. I guess that is much better than being sick to stomach. Whew! :) This ship is bigger than The Elation, so you never know. Hopefully all will be great. Thanks again! Have a nice evening!

MeLisa

We were in 2nd cabin from bow last cruise and same this cruise, Plaza deck outside, I like to see the bow wave coming past the window. You know you are at sea.

We are booked in cabin 9514 on the Freedom for next month. We were also wondering what it is like staying in the front of the ship. We never have before. Are the portholes the same size as other cabins? It looks like they might be slanted. Will we have a full view? Just curious. Thanks for your input. :D

we stayed in a Family Ocean view on the Mariner last month, WAY forward, directly overlooking the bow on deck 8. We LOVED it! The first night, the ship was moving pretty fast, and the winds were high, so we did feel quite a bit of motion, but we didn't mind it at all. After that, we barely felt anything.

There was NO traffic by our room, NO noise whatsoever. I LOVED this huge cabin and would book it again in a heartbeat.

We had three huge round windows, and yes, they were slightly slanted. Didn't take away from the view at all.

Karen

Archived