How Strict is VIP check in?

cirquskid

I believe the above poster is correct. VIP check-in is for VIP's only. Anyone else with you will have to board at the appropriate time. At least that's how it was for our last cruise; the other 4 people (2 cabins) had to wait while we boarded early.

Were not that strict in March in Ft. Lauderdale - my friend is platinum and I am not but I did get into the platinum line with him - wondering whether I would be sent away - but the carnival staff member could not have been more pleasant and did not bat an eye - got me my 'gold' card and that was that!

Hoping to have the same experience in Miami on my next cruise??

Froufie

We are a family of 5, three in Cat 12 and two in cat 6. Just wondering how strict VIP embarcation was, can we all board together? :confused:

Ever see the Seinfeild with the soup ****. They are that bad at VIP.

JUST KIDDING

Are the two in the Cat. 6 children? If so, then they will probably let you board as a group. If not, those two can meet the ones in the suite when you get aboard the ship.

I just don't understand why people can not follow the rules. Why should the other people in your group get the same treatment as you when they are not VIP and you are. VIP people earn the right for that status. they follow the rules. It is as simple as that.

Robb

I just don't understand why people can not follow the rules. Why should the other people in your group get the same treatment as you when they are not VIP and you are. VIP people earn the right for that status. they follow the rules. It is as simple as that.

Robb

OP came here with a question, and got answers. No indication they are going to not 'follow the rules'.

No reason either for the attitude.

Robb

That's right follow the rules. Let your kids fend for themselves!!:eek:

Bill

Robb

VIP treatment is like sex--some get it, some don't. ;)

Sorry, I didn't mean to get any one's dandruff up by asking this question.:o No they are not kids just new to cruising and a little out of their comfort zone, but Mahalo for some of your inputs. Just thought I test the water by see if the subject had come up before rather than have them stand in line and get embarrassed.

OP came here with a question, and got answers. No indication they are going to not 'follow the rules'.

No reason either for the attitude.

I Think maybe Billsrob was responding to the post that Froufie wrote about going through the VIP line when they were not a VIP.

Don't think it was meant for the OP, but i could be wrong.

Sorry, I didn't mean to get any one's dandruff up by asking this question.:o No they are not kids just new to cruising and a little out of their comfort zone, but Mahalo for some of your inputs. Just thought I test the water by see if the subject had come up before rather than have them stand in line and get embarrassed.

Well I have an idea if you dont want to leave them alone. Why not stand in the regular line with them? That way you wont break any rules and you all can stay together.

The regular lines move pretty fast sometimes. That way everyones happy. :)

Enjoy your cruise.

]

Well I have an idea if you dont want to leave them alone. Why not stand in the regular line with them? That way you wont break any rules and you all can stay together.

The regular lines move pretty fast sometimes. That way everyones happy.

That sometimes causes problems as well. Some VIP rooms already have your sign and sail card in them. Going through the regular line will cause an interruption while they go to run down your cards. We went through the VIP line while our friends went through the regular line, we skipped early boarding and waited with them in the regular embarkation line.

I booked two rooms. My wife and I in a cat 11 wrap, and my 6 year old in the adjoining regular cat 8C (aft balcony).

We made our way to VIP check in, and I placed both sets of documents on the counter.

The lady behind the counter took the first packet, and then the second, and slid them back at me, proclaiming that I “somehow had someone else’s tickets.” I’ll leave my own interpretation to myself on how she looked at me down her nose as she did this “slide.”

She changed her tune REAL fast when I pointed out it was for my daughter. And I never even hardly felt bad when she had to walk "all the way down there" to get my daughters key.

BTW, the regular line DID move faster.

Question about VIP boarding - I know there's a different line. Do you then immediately get on the ship, or are you just the first boarding group? I usually check in around 11; seems they start boarding between 11:30 and 11:45 and I'm on the ship by noon. Will I be on the ship at 11:10, or will I have to wait until 11:30-ish. Yeah, I know it's 20 minutes, just a curiosity thing. Sorry to hijack the thread.

VIP works fine with your family, at least in Tampa (Inspiration). I initially was headed to the regular line with my young adult children who were in an oceanview (steerage, as they said, and would not forgive me after seeing my room) but the person sorting lines said to take them with me as they needed me for signing off the sign and sail. Off to the VIP line with no hassles at all. The line was only slightly faster than the regular line, as my neighbors who arrived 5 minutes earlier, walked anboard about 2 minutes behind me.:cool:

Then again, if you get there around 1:30 or so, there usually is no line at all in either place.

Nope I never let them fend for themselves. I usually have Grandma watch them. They place for children is at home.

Ruf

You are correct. Kids have no place on ANY vacation.:rolleyes:

And be thankful that your kids have a Grandma around to watch them.:)

Bill

Dumb question...

How do you get to be a VIP and what does it get you? Obviously I have learned from this thread that you get to check in on a special line, but what else do you get?

Thanks!

Currently you can get VIP 2 ways:

Book at Cat 11 or 12 Suite

On your 10th cruise with Carnival, you become a Platinum member. This is one of the priviledges.

(yes, all cruises count regardless of length...even cruises to nowhere..only Carnival cruises count...not any on sister cruise lines)

Back to the OP, any children will board with you. Grown adults are naturally on their own UNLESS they are in your cabin. Anyone listed on that document will be VIP.

When we cruised out of New Orleans in March, we were Platinum and got VIP and 2 adult friends who rode down with us were not. We parted at the security, sat at different places and they were literally right behind us when we boarded.

VIPs are the first ones to board unless there is a wedding...then they go first!

Remember that if life is a beach, it might as well be Paradise!!

Archived