How Strict is VIP check in?

cirquskid

her funpass will not have VIP written across the top.

and I often wondered how do they get pass security without that.

I know on the Pride they were asking to see the funpass before the security area.

You are correct - her funpass will NOT say VIP - but I am 'told' (by my PVP) this should not be an issue - and if questioned (which I hope won't happen) I am to tell them she is on my S&S account and they are supposed to let her thru.

As mentioned I cruised with a platinum friend a few times and while I would have gone elsewhere if directed to do so - there was no problem checking in with him in the VIP lounge...(altho they did have to leave to go get my card)

You are correct - her funpass will NOT say VIP - but I am 'told' (by my PVP) this should not be an issue - and if questioned (which I hope won't happen) I am to tell them she is on my S&S account and they are supposed to let her thru.

As mentioned I cruised with a platinum friend a few times and while I would have gone elsewhere if directed to do so - there was no problem checking in with him in the VIP lounge...(altho they did have to leave to go get my card)

And your friends S & S card will be out on the line where she//he should check in - it won't be in the VIP lounge.

And your friends S & S card will be out on the line where she//he should check in - it won't be in the VIP lounge.

Because the friend is now under her credit card that sign and sail card should be in the VIP area.

Because I am taking my dad in January- that is the way it was told to me by carnival. I have to register his funpass giving him my cc for onboard spending. His sign and sail card should be in the VIP when we check in.

Because the friend is now under her credit card that sign and sail card should be in the VIP area.

Because I am taking my dad in January- that is the way it was told to me by carnival. I have to register his funpass giving him my cc for onboard spending. His sign and sail card should be in the VIP when we check in.

That is exactly what I was told as well....and my gf just completed her funpass and when she got to the 'onboard account setup' part it had my 'name' there and said she was a 'guest' of mine - so I guess that part worked - hope the Carnival 'gatekeepers' don't cause a problem!;)

Were not that strict in March in Ft. Lauderdale - my friend is platinum and I am not but I did get into the platinum line with him - wondering whether I would be sent away - but the carnival staff member could not have been more pleasant and did not bat an eye - got me my 'gold' card and that was that!

Hoping to have the same experience in Miami on my next cruise??

Froufie

I am surprised that nobody has yet called you out for poaching on VIP privileges that you are not entitled to. Just because you were standing next to your friend does not entitle you to the same privileges that he has. Will you try to use him to sneak into VIP only areas on the ship? Will you try to ooze into social functions that you should not be in. Do you figure that because your friend is VIP, you can use the VIP line at the purser.

I will bet that when you finally become VIP in your own right, you will send lots of posts to CC complaining about people just like you.

Well - what goes around comes around.

DON

I am surprised that nobody has yet called you out for poaching on VIP privileges that you are not entitled to. Just because you were standing next to your friend does not entitle you to the same privileges that he has. Will you try to use him to sneak into VIP only areas on the ship? Will you try to ooze into social functions that you should not be in. Do you figure that because your friend is VIP, you can use the VIP line at the purser.

I will bet that when you finally become VIP in your own right, you will send lots of posts to CC complaining about people just like you.

Well - what goes around comes around.

DON

I am actually now VIP and no I don't post complaints about what others do - no concern of mine - so what if a few 'non-VIP' guests are in front of me in line or have taken up all the chairs in the VIP lounge - I'm happy I'm on a cruise -I don't care! So you'll hear no complaining from me - just big smiles! :D:D:D - I guess that's not what you meant by 'what goes around comes around?" - no one seemed to be upset by my being there - and now I am not upset by others being there either :)

Archived