Vancouver sightseeing?

cinnamon

We have 2/3 days in Vancouver before our ship leaves next month. Is it worth $34 to take the trolley HOHO or should we just buy a one day travel card which can be used on the Seabus, buses and Skytrain? We want to spend one day looking all around the city and are open to suggestions for the other day. We are not intending to go over to Victoria however, as too much travelling will wear us out on top of the jet lag.

Thanks, Cinnamon

I'd spend one day taking the trolley, and the next day using the travel card. It helps to know where you want to go when you are using public transportation, and I think taking one of the trolley tours would be a good introduction to the city. We had a car when we visited Vancouver in 2003, but I wish we had done the trolley tour, as we did in Seattle.

another suggestion is the Gray Line West HOHO. When you buy 1 day you get the next for free and their one day is about the same price (within a dollar or two) as the trolley.

DH and I will be taking this option as well as another tour they do.

We have 2/3 days in Vancouver before our ship leaves next month. Is it worth $34 to take the trolley HOHO or should we just buy a one day travel card which can be used on the Seabus, buses and Skytrain? We want to spend one day looking all around the city and are open to suggestions for the other day. We are not intending to go over to Victoria however, as too much travelling will wear us out on top of the jet lag.

Thanks, Cinnamon

What's a HOHO?

Hop-on Hop-off Trolley. Most major cities have them. You get on and off whenever and at whatever stops you want, and another one comes by in about 15 minutes and you can proceed along. A very good overview of cities.

Head over to Capilano one day unless you don't like suspension bridges:eek: .. in North Vancouver.. lovely spot .. AND if it's clear take the tram up Grouse Mtn. (near Capilano, over Lion's Head Bridge)... sometimes it's clear on the bottom but not so on top. And you may want to go back to Stanley Park.. .excellent aquarium and if you are there at the park when cruise ships are departing -- which is nearly every day -- it's neat to see them sailing under the bridge in late afternoon. Granville Island's also a great place to poke around for a few hours.

We loved Stanley Park when we were there last year - we had rented a car for the day and drove around the city. We had planned to eat dinner at Granville Island and explore there, but found that most everything closed up by around 5:00 or 6:00 mid-week. There were only a couple of restaurants open - all shops closed.

Head over to Capilano one day unless you don't like suspension bridges:eek: .. in North Vancouver.. lovely spot .. AND if it's clear take the tram up Grouse Mtn. (near Capilano, over Lion's Head Bridge)... sometimes it's clear on the bottom but not so on top. And you may want to go back to Stanley Park.. .excellent aquarium and if you are there at the park when cruise ships are departing -- which is nearly every day -- it's neat to see them sailing under the bridge in late afternoon. Granville Island's also a great place to poke around for a few hours.

Thanks for all the replies. I love the idea of watching other ships depart on the Saturday, and going over Grouse Mountain. I will check out the Grey Line trip but we will probably go with the Trolley tour. A friend at church this morning told me how much she had enjoyed it a couple of years ago.

Cinnamon

Archived