4 hr layover in Toronto - anything to see?

Hi all,

Is there anything close to the airport that we could run out and see or do? Even just a nice place to go have lunch?

Thanks,

Tammy

I'm afraid I have to agree. The short answer is no. At the risk of offending my bretheren in the ROC (that's the Rest of Canada for those unfamiliar with Canadian politics), Toronto is a city with no redeeming social value whatsoever. :p

I'm afraid I have to agree. The short answer is no. At the risk of offending my bretheren in the ROC (that's the Rest of Canada for those unfamiliar with Canadian politics), Toronto is a city with no redeeming social value whatsoever. :p

Way too funny!! and I so agree :)

Love it!!!!!!-I wouldn't leave TO airport even if I had a 12 hour layover. What's the point?

As someone who used to live in the Centre of the Universe but got out before I lost my sanity, if your flights into and out of Pearson are domestic (ie, no Customs), there are a number of hotels and Restaurants nearby that might be worth it. There is a Marriott nearby with an Outback Steakhouse (not sure that is worth a trip :p ). There is a Sheraton Hotel http://www.starwoodhotels.com/sheraton/property/overview/index.html?propertyID=692 attached to terminal 3 which has a nice lounge and is definitely preferable to the Airport itself...

About the only other attraction (not that I've ever been there myself) are a number of Adult Entertainment Establishments... ;)

As mentioned, the airport is too far in the Burbs and traffic is awful at the best of times. With security and such these days, best to stick close.

I've lunched at the Sheraton in Terminal 3. It's not cheap, but the atmosphere is a lot quieter than the airport.

Outback Steakhouse in Canada isn't exactly the same as in the US. The menu is similar, but the servings aren't. It's franchised by Cara in Canada.

Archived