New silhouette of Celebrity Solstice?

mrjim

As I wrote in my forst answer, looking at the pdf file sketches it says something of a "XL pool-screen". It's supposed to be in front of the glasroof behind the mast which would be just at the main pool area then. I guess this is their version of the Princess MUTS.

A other question, who removes treads here? I guess it's not possible for Celebrity or other cruiselines to do that by them self or?

Hi Susan !

I've been wondering the same thing myself. Hopefully, someone will have an answer that can shed some more light on this.

I believe one funnel will be exhaust from the engines, and the other exhaust from the galleys. Many other ships already have this arrangement, but instead of making the second funnel just like the first, it's much smaller. Look at the M-Class, the Voyager Class, Radiance Class. They all have a smaller second funnel for galley exhaust.

On Solstice, I'm guessing Celebrity is playing around with the idea of a second identical large funnel rather than a second smaller one like on previous ships. This would be purely for aesthetics as the second funnel could certainly be smaller just like on the M-Class and other ships.

Personally I'm hoping MUTS doesn't make it to Celebrity. This is fine for mass-market lines (like Princess has become and of course Carnival, Costa, and Disney) but I don't think it's appropriate for a line like Celebrity. Much of it depends on how it's used. If it was used just at night (under the stars) as was the original intent (at least on Princess) it would fine. Instead it blasts music videos, cartoons, even advertisements all during the day. What was once a peaceful adult pool area has now turned into a daytime kiddy zone on Princess. I don't want to take the chance on the same thing happening to Celebrity. If anything, this feature should be on Royal Caribbean and not Celebrity.

Ernie

Personally I'm hoping MUTS doesn't make it to Celebrity. This is fine for mass-market lines (like Princess has become and of course Carnival, Costa, and Disney) but I don't think it's appropriate for a line like Celebrity. Much of it depends on how it's used. If it was used just at night (under the stars) as was the original intent (at least on Princess) it would fine. Instead it blasts music videos, cartoons, even advertisements all during the day. What was once a peaceful adult pool area has now turned into a daytime kiddy zone on Princess. I don't want to take the chance on the same thing happening to Celebrity....

We agree completely, except that I don't want a movie under the stars, either. Deck parties are much more fun!

We loved having real movie theaters on ships, and would be pleased if Celebrity would add a real, dedicated movie theater to the ship.

You know what, the silhoutte in the meyer werft brochure that originally started this thread may very well be accurate. If you look at the picture posted by denb, the shape of it matches the silhouette perfectly.

I think that's a pretty good match.

You know what, the silhoutte in the meyer werft brochure that originally started this thread may very well be accurate. If you look at the picture posted by denb, the shape of it matches the silhouette perfectly.

I think that's a pretty good match.

I think denb actually lifted that image FROM the brochure. So, it's not actually two different sources. I'm happier with this silhouette than the one I posted earlier...so I'm hoping Meyer Werft was posting the latest (which is why it got yanked).

Keep in mind that the picture/silhouette had wording below it to the effect that it was just a base for the designers/architects to begin with. I have the hardcopy printout at home. I'll post the exact wording later. I really like it, so I hope they don't change it too much.

It all looks like containerized shipping for humans--not very much like a cruise ship anymore--just stacks of cabins--- but if their pods work better than those on M class, of course we will go on it...

Archived