Dillards gown markdowns!!

I went to Dillards in Daytona yesterday and got 2 beautiful gowns for 32.00 and 37.50. These were originally 150.00 and 155.00 gowns that I was told were marked down just yesterday morning. They had a very large selection in the Juniors department. I think they were prom leftovers. I was only planning on getting one, then I saw the prices and couldn't resist.

Just thought I would share for any of you who have an upcoming cruise....

Dillards has the absolute best sales! I bought an evening gown for our upcoming cruise for $42.50, marked down from $170.00. I'll have to go back and check out the new mark-downs!! Thanks for the info!

Dang it!! I just bought an evening gown from Dillards this past weekend...and it wasn't on sale. :(

I'm tempted to go back this weekend...if I get another one and it's on sale...it'll balance out the first one I bought, right ladies? :D

Dang it!! I just bought an evening gown from Dillards this past weekend...and it wasn't on sale. :(

I'm tempted to go back this weekend...if I get another one and it's on sale...it'll balance out the first one I bought, right ladies? :D

Yes ma'am it will. :D

Did they have much left at the Daytona mall? I went to Melbourne mall and looked. It was all picked through and they only had things left in larger sizes. If Daytona still has a lot left, I'll go up tonight. Did you notice?

I was there Tues. and that was the day they did all the markdowns and there were alot of dresses. There wasn't a big selection of sizes within a style, but there were many diffrent styles to choose from and if memory serves correctly there were alot of small sizes. For the price, you could have something altered if it was a little too big.

I feel like I'm the only one who hates going to Dillards because I never find anything I like (and the store closest to me has a weird smell):mad:

But I'm off tomorrow (woo-hoo, 4 day weekend) and I'm heading to a different town to do a little shopping--if they have a Dillards, maybe I'll pop in and test my luck.

Just a thought, if the dress you just bought is one that has been marked down take your receipt and you can get money back on it and then purchase another one with the refund:D

I'm heading for Dillard's tomorrow - hope our store has some too:)

Joyce

Boy am I jealous. My sister got a great deal on a dress for our cruise in July. We do not have a Dillards in the DC area. I have found a nice dress but paid typical DC prices. I wish someone could find me the perfect little black dress at a good price.:rolleyes:

Hi, not sure who traveled to Daytona but if you want

to drive about 90 minutes further, here in Jacksonville

we have 4 Dillards:).

Avenues, Regency, Orange Park, St Johns Towne Center

and all have good selections!

4bythesea, thank you so much for the heads up on sale at Dillard's. Went to Gainesville and found a dazzling one for only $35 and DH is crazy about it. Wish we were a little closer to Jacksonville:( would be fun to check Dillard's in the area.

4bythesea, thank you so much for the heads up on sale at Dillard's. Went to Gainesville and found a dazzling one for only $35 and DH is crazy about it. Wish we were a little closer to Jacksonville:( would be fun to check Dillard's in the area.

Mini, Ocala is an hour from here. If you could find some good

deals it might be worth the drive.:) Oh wait except gas is so

high maybe not:eek:

But I did want to mention we have a very nice group of

Floridians over in the Floataway Lounge that chat on a thread.

We range from down in Miami all the way up to here in North FL.

You are more than welcome to come over and say hi:)

We try to meet in person about 4 times a year and it is quite

fun seeing everyone. We have been doing this for the last

4 years.

And 2 of my good friends on there are from Ocala too:)!!!

I went to Dillards today and bought a beautiful red gown with rhinestone trim under the bustline for $22.30 plus tax. It was originally $99.00 What a steal! Then I went to the jewelry department and bought an austrian crystal necklace and matching earrings on sale also. I didn't want my husband to feel left out, so I bought him a $39.00 black dress shirt for $9.75 on sale.

It was a lucrative shopping day today.

Mini, Ocala is an hour from here. If you could find some good

deals it might be worth the drive. Oh wait except gas is so

high maybe not

But I did want to mention we have a very nice group of

Floridians over in the Floataway Lounge that chat on a thread.

We range from down in Miami all the way up to here in North FL.

You are more than welcome to come over and say hi:)

We try to meet in person about 4 times a year and it is quite

fun seeing everyone. We have been doing this for the last

4 years.

And 2 of my good friends on there are from Ocala too:)!!!

I was just telling my husband about the Dillard's in Jax that you mentioned and that it sounds like a "road trip":) . But by the time I get to take it all the good ones will be gone:( so I guess I should be happy with the one I did come home with.

Thanks for the invite I'll check in out and find you there.

Have a safe Memorial Day - we all need to remember the sacrifices made inorder for us to enjoy what we're doing now with much freedom.

Joyce

I went today - not shopping for the next cruise but couldn't resist two new evening gowns. 45.00 (was 180.00) and the other was on sale for 37.50 (from 150.00) They were in the misses dept. The tropical dark tangerine one is very awesome............... backless, satin with sheer insets that flair out at the knee. The dress has an empire bodice ( sequins and beads) with sheering underneath. Hard to explain but I don't have to shorten it or do any other alterations. ( I am short waisted so most everything has to at least have the straps taken up!) The other is tea length and a halter style georgette print with empire waist.

Dillard's bargains are hard to resist!!:o

Also bought a another dress that will be for work.

So, I am 360 days out and all set for the next cruise!! My DH just shook his head and laughed equating my shopping to a "hunt"!

Hope everyone else finds good bargains.

LOVE Dillard dress sales. I went this week, and nothing looked even halfway decent:(...but, tried Macy's and scored big time! I got a black Jones of NY for $37.00 and a long chocolate brown formal for $42.00. So, if Dillards doesn't work, run to Macy's!

Just a thought, if the dress you just bought is one that has been marked down take your receipt and you can get money back on it and then purchase another one with the refund:D

I'm heading for Dillard's tomorrow - hope our store has some too:)

Joyce

Most companies will do that if you purchased it within 30 days. I have done that several times-I remember years ago we bought a dinning set and then it was on special for 20% off the very next wkend.-we took in our receipt and got back $150! It was rung up like we returned the dinning set and then bought another-but I didn't care-we had put it on our charge card and I figured that $150 would help out on the interest we would be paying-as this was before the 6 months or 1 year without interest on furniture we see nowadays.

Big adv for Dillards in today's paper ....75% off, makes you wonder just how much mark up there is for these items. I don't think anyone sews any more. You can't buy the pattern and material to make something like that yourself when it is that cheap. Head-Spin.gif

LOVE Dillard dress sales. I went this week, and nothing looked even halfway decent:(...but, tried Macy's and scored big time! I got a black Jones of NY for $37.00 and a long chocolate brown formal for $42.00. So, if Dillards doesn't work, run to Macy's!

We don't have a Macy's here:eek:

LoisR I had no idea there wasn't a Macy's in the entire Jax area, how very odd is that?

Oh, I was looking for a full bodysuit to wear under the dress I just bought and Dillard's had nothing. So I just checked on-line and found a very interesting site by thaneusa. If you use this link it looks as if they have a special price - http://www.thane.com/products/health-beauty/slimlift/slimlift.php?CMP=KNC-MQ0643436629&HBX_PK=california+beauty+slim+and+lift&HBX_OU=51.

I ordered and am really interested in seeing if it's as good as it looks. Will let ya know.

Joyce

Archived