Air deviations on Oceania--easy to obtain?

Droopy_Sails

I've been trying to get familiar with the in and outs of Oceania's "free air". This thread has alot of good info. I wonder if a sticky with some of the requently asked questions is in order?

The one I have now is - When are your flights assigned? I am considering doing the air deviation but if my flights are good then I may stay with them. But if they are assigned very late, then my cost to deviate may go up because the options may get more pricey.

So anyone know when they assign flights?? Is it a final payment?

Thanks.

You can check with your TA but i think for overseas flights it is $800. credit

We were quoted $600 Stockholm to London for 2008. I was wondering if that was low. We booked 13 months in advance.

Any one else get a different quote from their TA for this particular destination ? Are the amounts not fixed??

You can check with your TA but i think for overseas flights it is $800. credit

We were quoted $600 Stockholm to London for 2008. I was wondering if that was low. We booked 13 months in advance.

Any one else get a different quote from their TA? Are the amounts not fixed??

Any one else get a different quote from their TA for this particular destination ? Are the amounts not fixed??

The amount of the credit does vary.

I am not sure how they work out the air credit if it is by port departure city or what.

Ours is $250. sailing from Miami

The more I read about Oceania's Air Deviation, the more confused I get. I contacted my online TA and she now tells me that Oceania does not schedule the air portions until after the booking is paid in full, or after final payment. Whichever comes first. When I called Oceania directly, they told me something different. They said for me to look for flights and present them to my agent and then she could present them to Oceania. If they were able to book these flights, I would then pay the deviation fee of $75 per person and the difference, if any, in the price Oceania was willing to pay and the price of the preferred flights.

I have considered taking the air credit but it is very low compared to the cost of the regular flights. We do not have a limitless budget.

If we leave the air arrangements until after final payment, the options of good flights become far less and the cost, far more. I would really appreciate further clarification of Oceania's confusing air arrangements. We are out of Los Angeles and booked on the Nautica May 20th 2008

The more I read about Oceania's Air Deviation, the more confused I get. I contacted my online TA and she now tells me that Oceania does not schedule the air portions until after the booking is paid in full, or after final payment. Whichever comes first. When I called Oceania directly, they told me something different. They said for me to look for flights and present them to my agent and then she could present them to Oceania. If they were able to book these flights, I would then pay the deviation fee of $75 per person and the difference, if any, in the price Oceania was willing to pay and the price of the preferred flights.

If we leave the air arrangements until after final payment, the options of good flights become far less and the cost, far more. I would really appreciate further clarification of Oceania's confusing air arrangements. We are out of Los Angeles and booked on the Nautica May 20th 2008

You are correct in the first paragraph about having your TA present flights to Oceania. One thing we have found out though is that Oceania will not grant deviations until 270 days before the cruise departure date. We have 9 passengers on the June 23, 2008 Nautica cruise with 2 of the passengers opting for the Oceania free air promotion. The other 7 passengers want to fly business and have chosen to make their own flight selections, but want to have the other 2 passengers on the flights. The 7 have not been able to make their flight arrangements as we have to wait until 270 days before the departure date to see if Oceania will allow the other 2 passengers to fly on the requested flights. It should not be that big of an impact on the flights that the 7 passengers wish to make as it will still be 9 months from the cruise departure date.

Archived