Bayonne NJ Hotels Park and Cruise

Rako20

You'll really like the Jersey City hotels. Splurge on the Hyatt or Doubletree.
Have resubmitted my request on the hotel-choice website.. Have increased my target price, and have requested Secacus/Meadowlands or Jersey City.. :) Hope to receive a 'bid' from one or the other.. or both!!!:D

Doubletree is not showing an 'airport shuttle'. What would be the associated cost from EWR via taxi??

Doubletree is not showing an 'airport shuttle'. What would be the associated cost from EWR via taxi??

Forget it. If there is no airport shuttle and you are doing a group booking, find another hotel. No sense making everyone pay for a taxi.

And my guess would be about $60.00 + tip. You could use SuperShuttle or any of the other shuttle services, but if you are booking 12+ rooms, please pick a hotel with their own transportation.

And IIRC, most of the Jersey City hotels DO NOT have transport. I know I was surprised last year when the Hyatt billed my room for transport from the airport. I thought I was soooo smart. Came from NYC on the train to EWR. Had already notified the hotel I needed the shuttle. I got the shuttle. I also got a room charge for $25.00.

All in all, for transport, food, etc., the only two hotels I think work for your situation are the Hilton and the Sheraton Meadowlands. And of the two, with the very easy access to NYC, I still pick the Hilton.

All in all, for transport, food, etc., the only two hotels I think work for your situation are the Hilton and the Sheraton Meadowlands. And of the two, with the very easy access to NYC, I still pick the Hilton.
I submitted a request to guarantee the group (currently with less rooms than what are normally needed for group rates) to the Hilton Newark Penn Station. :) As I was 'pressing the submit button', I rec'd a call from the Newark Airport Hilton.. They are trying to get a 'better' price for me, and have agreed to NOT require that I guarantee 10 rooms!:p

We shall see... The Sheraton Meadowlands is out of our price range, and they have limited availability at the moment..

:D

I submitted a request to guarantee the group (currently with less rooms than what are normally needed for group rates) to the Hilton Newark Penn Station. :) As I was 'pressing the submit button', I rec'd a call from the Newark Airport Hilton.. They are trying to get a 'better' price for me, and have agreed to NOT require that I guarantee 10 rooms!:p

We shall see... The Sheraton Meadowlands is out of our price range, and they have limited availability at the moment..

:D

Just an FYI-

The Airport Hilton is in the airport area proper-again, food issues (no place to eat EXCEPT the Hilton), transport to NYC issues. You will have to take AirTrain from the airport to NJ Penn Station (next to the Gateway Hilton), then transfer to PATH/NJ Transit for your trip to NYC

I reserved the rooms at Doubletree Newark at $ 109.00 each for king size.

at least 60.00 $ less than the Sheraton Newark.

But always keep in mind...Hotel chains have rate special that they'll publish from time to time much lower than their regular or internet ones for a very limited time, so in order to lock-in the best rate possible, you have to check daily and depending on the level of booking for a certain period, you'll get lucky, but my advice is to secure the most feasible one for the moment, the one with no strings attach that you could cancel until 16 pm the day of the booking.

Just an FYI-

The Airport Hilton is in the airport area proper-again, food issues (no place to eat EXCEPT the Hilton), transport to NYC issues. You will have to take AirTrain from the airport to NJ Penn Station (next to the Gateway Hilton), then transfer to PATH/NJ Transit for your trip to NYC

I agree! :) I'm hoping to hear from the Hilton Newark Penn Station either tonight or tomorrow.. I believe I have 'nothing to lose' by picking it!! :D

The Doubletree Jersey City could NOT accomodate my group...:( But then, I had decided 'otherwise' thanks to your info..

Courtyard by Marriott in Secaucus is a great option! You have wonderful dining, good shopping, movies...all within walking distance, and it is right off of Rt. 3...so easy access to the CITY!

Best of all, it is VERY safe!

I agree with the scenario, however they don't provide an airport shuttle (complimentary), and taxi's to PATH network would have to be taken into consideration..!!:rolleyes:

I am trying to book a 'group' rate and the added expenses in taxi's and shuttles can be over-bearing at best..!:eek:

Thanks for the info, tho'..

For those traveling by themselves or in small groups, this may be the way to go..:D

DO NOT use a shuttle. Use cabs.

For more than two people the shuttle ends up being more expensive and they are painfully slow.

Ask any New Yorker.

I'm in stlrboo's group and am finding this thread very interesting. He is doing such a great job!:)

What kind of $ are we talking about when it comes to a cab from, let's say the airport to the Doubletree in Secacaus, the Doubletree to the PATH, and the Doubletree to the port?:confused:

Thanks!:cool:

DO NOT use a shuttle. Use cabs.

For more than two people the shuttle ends up being more expensive and they are painfully slow.

Ask any New Yorker.

Speaking of "complimentary" airport hotel shuttle.

With 20-25 people, probably all arriving at different times, the taxi fares alone could run into $500.00+ very easily.

I'm in stlrboo's group and am finding this thread very interesting. He is doing such a great job!:)

What kind of $ are we talking about when it comes to a cab from, let's say the airport to the Doubletree in Secacaus, the Doubletree to the PATH, and the Doubletree to the port?:confused:

Thanks!:cool:

First-I don't think there is a Doubletree in Secaucus. Jersey City and Elizabeth (the airport area) yes. There is a Hilton (Garden Inn) in Secaucus. There is an Embassy Suites and the Sheraton Meadowlands also in Secaucus.

Taxi rates-Secaucus-

About $50.00 from the airport

From Secaucus to the port in Bayonne- about $40.00

From Secaucus to PATH (don't know which PATH station-Jersey City or Penn Station)-Jersey City will be about $35.00 Penn Station will be about $45.00.

And that doesn't include tips. Jersey taxi's are very expensive compared to NYC.

Quik update! 'Spoke' with Sales Manager for Hilton Newark Penn Station.. She is forwarding a 'contract' to me today for our group!:) Group rate is quoted at $169.00 plus tax.. I believe this facility will best fill our needs, and eliminate taxi fares, except for getting to Cape Liberty the day we sail..:p

Thanks again for all the help and advice... :D

You will be able to see the ship... but yeah, you would be thinking, how the heck do I get there!? It was so great though, just leave your bags outside, then check-in inside, then they put us right on the "Rutgers University buses." It is < 3 minute ride. Perfect.

Do you have to take any "carry-ons" onto the bus with you??? We always have one or 2 pieces we carry ourselves. This bus sounds like a pain for carry-ons...

'Spoke' with Sales Manager for Hilton Newark Penn Station.. She is forwarding a 'contract' to me today for our group!:) Group rate is quoted at $169.00 plus tax.. I believe this facility will best fill our needs, and eliminate taxi fares, except for getting to Cape Liberty the day we sail..:p
Just rec'd word from Sales Manager at Newark Hilton Penn Station that the $169. rate is no longer available.. $229. now!:eek:

Sounds like a bunch of 'bull' to me...:mad: Back to 'square one'...

Do you have to take any "carry-ons" onto the bus with you??? We always have one or 2 pieces we carry ourselves. This bus sounds like a pain for carry-ons...

You would take your carry-ons yourself. The bus itself is more like a rental car shuttle at the airport... or the one that would take you to long term parking. There is a ton of room and just a few steps. The staff would help you with bags, if needed. It shouldn't be a problem at all.

Just rec'd word from Sales Manager at Newark Hilton Penn Station that the $169. rate is no longer available.. $229. now!:eek:

Sounds like a bunch of 'bull' to me...:mad: Back to 'square one'...

stlrboo, I just found a $119 dollar rate for the night of April 10, 2008 at The Marriott Newark Airport.

Call the hotel quick!

https://www.marriott.com/reservation/rateListMenu.mi

You would take your carry-ons yourself. The bus itself is more like a rental car shuttle at the airport... or the one that would take you to long term parking. There is a ton of room and just a few steps. The staff would help you with bags, if needed. It shouldn't be a problem at all.

That's good. It should be easy then. Thanks!

Got a rate of $159. for the Newark Airport Hilton for a 'group'.. Not my first choice, but getting nothing interesting in the Meadowlands area, with a 'complimentary' airport shuttle.. Ramada Ltd. in Jersey City, but again, occasional horror stories.. issues..!!:rolleyes: Hmmm.m.m.m.........

Tried for the Holland Motor Lodge, Jersey City, but its sold out!

Please tell me where you found it??? The above 'link' gives me nothing in that price range..:( What is the secret..??:p

stlrboo, go to www.Marriott.com and type in Newark, New Jersey checkin April 10th and out April 11th (those are your dates correct?). Do one room at a time and the $119 rate will pop up.

It is a prepaid rate is the only negative.

stlrboo, go to www.Marriott.com and type in Newark, New Jersey checkin April 10th and out April 11th (those are your dates correct?). Do one room at a time and the $119 rate will pop up.

It is a prepaid rate is the only negative.

I'm getting nothing in that $$$ area... I don't qualify for anything except AAA.. Maybe that's the hitch..:rolleyes:

I actually need two nites, April 9 and 10, but I tried one night at a time with no luck..:) I may just opt for the Holiday Inn in Harmon Meadow (Secaucus) or the Doubletree Suites, Jersey City.. Would be nice to overlook the Hudson and be close to the PATH and Ferry..:p

I'm getting nothing in that $$$ area... I don't qualify for anything except AAA.. Maybe that's the hitch..:rolleyes:

I actually need two nites, April 9 and 10, but I tried one night at a time with no luck..:) I may just opt for the Holiday Inn in Harmon Meadow (Secaucus) or the Doubletree Suites, Jersey City.. Would be nice to overlook the Hudson and be close to the PATH and Ferry..:p

I pulled it right up-just typed in Newark, the dates, 2 people, one room. List came up for all Marriott hotels in the area-Find Newark Airport Marriott.

The only problem I see-you need quite a few rooms. Maybe play around with the system-where it says "need more rooms" and see what happens.

I would call back to the Newark Penn Station. It is still almost months out until you travel. They may not be making the "group discount" rates available yet.

I have waited almost 2 months before the Sheraton Meadowlands made group rates available. I needed 13 rooms for a trade show in October. I JUST got the email that I could book the rooms. $139.00 + tax per room.

stlrboo,

I just tried booking more than one room. Did it the same way I already posted, except put in three rooms. Price was about $225.00 per room per night with taxes. Prepay only for the $199.00 rate.

Total for 3 rooms (from the Marriott website):

To insure that you receive this special advance purchase rate, we will charge your credit card a prepayment of 1,361.16 USD (your full room charge plus tax) when you make your reservation.

Archived