Bayonne NJ Hotels Park and Cruise

Rako20

The only hotel I am aware of with a park and cruise package is the Best Western. We stayed there last year, nothing to brag about but it was clean and offered the park and cruise package. Finding the hotel was a challenge though.

Mary Lou

we stayed at the Best Western and it was a nightmare from start to finish. Hotel was hard to find and then the gated lot was full, no where to put our car. Shuttel to port fine - a ride is a ride. Pickup was one of my worst travel experiences ever. We called for the shuttle and were told it was one its way - stand at a specific spot. Other folks coming off the cruise flagged down the driver so it was full when he DROVE BY US. Called back - this happened to us three times. We might still be there but I stood in front of the van and refused to move until people who were on got off. There was a nother family waiting with us that waited for almost an hour as the shuttle kept driving by. They almost missed their flight. Finally, another family took pity on the mother who was literally having a nervous breakdown since they couldn't get on the shuttle and they got off. When we finally got back - couldn't get our car out since they couldnn't find the key to the car that was blcoking us in. Manager didn't care. I told him how unhappy we were and that I felt I had no choice but to write a letter to the head office and he said "Ok whatever"

I would not stay here or recommend it.

We are sailing out of Bayonne in December on a 12 Day, and was wondering if anyone had any information on any Hotels that offer a Park and Cruise option.

Try the Sheraton Newark Airport Hotel. They have a park and fly package. I just am not sure if they have free transportation to the pier.

Best Western?

We don't need to park and only need the transfers from the airport to the hotel then to the ship. We aren't returning to this port as it's a repositioning cruise.

I would check with the cruise line about adding a night before. I know that Azamara/Celebrity uses the Sheraton and Hilton in Newark. If you added through the cruise line, they would give you a price of the transfer from the airport to the hotel, and to the pier the next day. We did this in the past with Celebrity, and the price they gave us was very reasonable. Otherwise, you could stay at one of the airport hotels (mostly all have free shuttles), then in the morning the day of your cruise, just pay a cab to take you to Cape Liberty. I am sure that the hotel that you choose could give you an approximate cab price to get to the pier.

We came in/out of Cape Liberty last week and yesterday. It is a great port... no congestion with only one ship there at a time and they were fast and organized!! It was great.

Miamigirl814 - Thanks for the info on what hotels X uses for the pre cruise packages - we are 18 months out from our cruise so they didn't have any to offer at this time.

Can you tell me if they have restrooms at the port?

I've read that there is nothing there???

THANKS again and WELCOME home :)

Miamigirl814 - Thanks for the info on what hotels X uses for the pre cruise packages - we are 18 months out from our cruise so they didn't have any to offer at this time.

Can you tell me if they have restrooms at the port?

I've read that there is nothing there???

THANKS again and WELCOME home :)

We were in and out of the terminal so quickly, I didn't even notice what was there. I knew it was a nice looking place, and had a ton of chairs and TVs. My guess is there were restrooms, too. We literally checked in (had no line) and went right to the bus that transports you to the ship (the terminal is about 1/2 mile from the ship...). It was super quick!!

Best Western?

We don't need to park and only need the transfers from the airport to the hotel then to the ship. We aren't returning to this port as it's a repositioning cruise.

I used the BW before for a reposition cruise and used the shuttle from the hote to the cruise port and then from the aiport to the hotel to get my car. I found them to be reliable and good enough for one nights sleep. Here is a picture of the room. There is also one other bed and a table with chairs not shown.

FullSize

I used the BW before for a reposition cruise and used the shuttle from the hote to the cruise port and then from the aiport to the hotel to get my car. I found them to be reliable and good enough for one nights sleep. Here is a picture of the room. There is also one other bed and a table with chairs not shown.

FullSize

It won't work :(

Thank you for the info :)

Miamigirl - how interesting that the ship is about a 1/2 mile away - I'm so glad you told me. As we'd be very confused when we pulled up and there was no ship or thought we'd have to walk that far with our luggage YIKES :o

Thanks for the insight :)

Miamigirl - how interesting that the ship is about a 1/2 mile away - I'm so glad you told me. As we'd be very confused when we pulled up and there was no ship or thought we'd have to walk that far with our luggage YIKES :o

Thanks for the insight :)

You will be able to see the ship... but yeah, you would be thinking, how the heck do I get there!? It was so great though, just leave your bags outside, then check-in inside, then they put us right on the "Rutgers University buses." It is < 3 minute ride. Perfect.

the help and info on the ship, port and hotel.

The pic's don't look bad at all - as long as the hotel is safe and clean (no bugs or creatures) - it's just a place to sleep for the night - won't sleep much anyway - to EXCITED anticipating the ship :D

Thanks everyone -

the help and info on the ship, port and hotel.

The pic's don't look bad at all - as long as the hotel is safe and clean (no bugs or creatures) - it's just a place to sleep for the night - won't sleep much anyway - to EXCITED anticipating the ship :D

Thanks everyone -

The Best Western Newark Airport is not safe.

I highly suggest you call the Newark city police department and ask them for crime stats on the hotel.

If you must stay at Newark Airport, the Marriott is a far superior option.

If they do, please post the information because none of the hotels in that area look any better to me.
Any tho'ts on alternative hotel selections in the area...??:)

We stayed at the FLL (Dania) Sleep Inn this past April, after horrendous reviews by several people, and found it to be OK...:)

Of course, I for one, don't want to be on the receiving end of "I told you so" in regards to the BW, so I'm really fishing for good advice!

I truly do appreciate everyone's input!:D We DO want a good experience!

Any tho'ts on alternative hotel selections in the area...??:)

We stayed at the FLL (Dania) Sleep Inn this past April, after horrendous reviews by several people, and found it to be OK...:)

Of course, I for one, don't want to be on the receiving end of "I told you so" in regards to the BW, so I'm really fishing for good advice!

I truly do appreciate everyone's input!:D We DO want a good experience!

I hope you will post here any info you get about hotels for Explorer..we are sailing on her on April 25...

Right now I plan on bidding on Priceline for Jersey City area..

I hope you will post here any info you get about hotels for Explorer..we are sailing on her on April 25...

Right now I plan on bidding on Priceline for Jersey City area..

I would love to be able to do that, BUT I am trying to book a 'group'! I've received some really nice 'bids', but have had no good responses from CC'ers on ANYTHING in the Newark area.. :( I'll keep plugging away...:p

I would love to be able to do that, BUT I am trying to book a 'group'! I've received some really nice 'bids', but have had no good responses from CC'ers on ANYTHING in the Newark area.. :( I'll keep plugging away...:p

yes, I noticed that ~ a few of us will be watching this thread with interest, Has anyone stayed at the Hyatt Regency in Jersey City? Or had any luck with Priceline in New York?

Thank you for sharing your information with us! :)

New Jersey area and goes up to visit. Has stayed at the Hyatt and says it's very nice.

Do you know what star rating it is on Priceline?

I would think it's a 4 star but maybe not???

I always try Priceline while making a back up res. for a hotel when we travel. If I get lucky and win it on Priceline then I can cancel my back res. at the other hotel.

Archived