Bayonne NJ Hotels Park and Cruise

Rako20

I just tried booking more than one room. Did it the same way I already posted, except put in three rooms. Price was about $225.00 per room per night with taxes. Prepay only for the $199.00 rate.

Total for 3 rooms (from the Marriott website):

To insure that you receive this special advance purchase rate, we will charge your credit card a prepayment of 1,361.16 USD (your full room charge plus tax) when you make your reservation.

Which, in itself, is a 'hitch'..:(

I hate to be picky, but my 'position' as 'Group Leader' does not lend itself well to me prepaying for others for hotel rooms that they could cancel, and leave me with extra rooms.. Not that I'm not a trusting person, but pre-paying that much $$$ "ain't gonna' happen"..

DW would absolutely "hand me my head"..:eek:

I need a contract, where each individual can book under a group number, and be responsible for their room and associated charges..:)

Dave - You mean you won't pay for your dear old "Mom & Dad"? All those years of college......(sniff....):p

Actually, I don't blame you a bit! That's a big hunk of change to fork over.:eek: I think the rates you are getting are pretty fair for the area.

BTW - Dave is a GREAT group leader! There are still cabins available in our group, so if any of you are interested......;)

Dave - You mean you won't pay for your dear old "Mom & Dad"? All those years of college......(sniff....):p
Sorry, 'Mom'.. Just checked the lottery tickets again, and "I ain't got squat"! :( Heading to the store to buy some more...:rolleyes: ;)

Have you tried the tourist center or chamber of commerce or convention center as sometimes they will have rooms at a discounted rate when you have a group.

You may also want to check and see if they have the names of any tour operator's for that area - as they do have the bargaining power to negociate better rates for a group.

GOOD LUCK

BTW - that's what I used to do booking for groups and conventions. LOVED IT!

I live in Bayonne New Jersey. If you are planning on staying in Jersey City, there is a New Jersey Transit Light Rail System right outside of the hotels and you can hop on that for 1.75 each person. That would bring you right into Bayonne you could get off on the 32nd Street stop and walk to the terminal, or you can pick up a cab for less than $5.00 at the Bayonne Light Rail stop and it can take you to the port for those who do not want to walk.

If you fly into Newark Airport the taxi fare from Newark to Bayonne should not exceed $40.00.

If your planning on doing the Light Rail to Bayonne and picking up a taxi i can give you a Bayonne Taxi phone number 201-339-5000. Any thing else i can help you guys with let me know.

I live in Bayonne New Jersey. If you are planning on staying in Jersey City, there is a New Jersey Transit Light Rail System right outside of the hotels and you can hop on that for 1.75 each person. That would bring you right into Bayonne you could get off on the 32nd Street stop and walk to the terminal, or you can pick up a cab for less than $5.00 at the Bayonne Light Rail stop and it can take you to the port for those who do not want to walk.

If you fly into Newark Airport the taxi fare from Newark to Bayonne should not exceed $40.00.

If your planning on doing the Light Rail to Bayonne and picking up a taxi i can give you a Bayonne Taxi phone number 201-339-5000. Any thing else i can help you guys with let me know.

We will be taking Amtrak to Penn Station Newark and staying at the Hilton Penn Station in August. How far is that from the terminal,and about how much would a taxi be?

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Booked a room at Best Western for Stay and Park Package-- all the horror stories on this site have scared me away from that hotel.

We are now leaning towards Mariott Airport for 1 night and parking at the cruise terminal. To get to NYC from the Mariott what is involved? How far is the cruise terminal from Mariott Airport? Thanks

Also one of the group that was staying when Jeanine and Jim were staying and got scared away by the info here.

We are now staying in Harrisburg and taking the Royal provided bus in. Didn't want to do that, but it is better than trying to stay in NJ and find a hotel and then our way to the pier. We have used the bus service before and found it good instead of driving.

Will miss the planned pre cruise party, but better save than sorry.

Has anyone stayed at either of these hotels-we are thinking of taking a cruise in November and the Marriott is about $ 250.00 a night and those two hotels are much cheaper---also do they have shuttles to the port---we will only be there for one night-we will be flying in.

anyone know about the Country Inn and Suites near the EWR airport? we like that property when traveling ... but haven't checked into this one yet.

Finally, at the very end someone mentions the hotel that I would like to book (for Dec 2 sailing)! It is in an area with 2 other hotels, and is located across from an outlet mall. I will be staying 2 nights, so at least there is an area to walk around. No plans to go to NYC, unless on a tour. Does anybody know this hotel?

• 2 months later...
We just went on the park cruise website and this hotel came up. It use to only bring up the Best Western in NJ. Does anyone have any information on this hotel and the area around it?

Thanks!

Don't know about the Hotel but your going away from the Pier...Will cost more for a cab then a decent hotel ....

We will be taking Amtrak to Penn Station Newark and staying at the Hilton Penn Station in August. How far is that from the terminal,and about how much would a taxi be?

Thanks.

eh....say $50 give or take 5-10 bucks....maybe 20-30 minutes depending on traffic.

We just went on the park cruise website and this hotel came up. It use to only bring up the Best Western in NJ. Does anyone have any information on this hotel and the area around it?

Thanks!

BLECH..nothing around, hard to get in and out of and really not the best choice.....i would suggest one of these...off exit 13A on the NJ Turnpike...address is Glimcher Realty Way, adjacent to http://www.jerseygardens.com and a Ruby Tuesday....have stayed in all and have left car there no trouble...the hotels take no responsibility of course......but they are safe and comfy....

Residence Inn and Courtyard by Marriott Neark/Elizabeth and Country Inn & Suites.....cab should be 40-45 to the pier....

Has anyone stayed at either of these hotels-we are thinking of taking a cruise in November and the Marriott is about $ 250.00 a night and those two hotels are much cheaper---also do they have shuttles to the port---we will only be there for one night-we will be flying in.

No shuttles.....they are OK...I prefer the Residence Inn and COurtyard Newark/Elizabeth as they are easier to get in and out of and there is a Ruby Tuesday in the parking lot....

Thanks!

Sorry...misread your post...didn't see the radisson....i think it is a new hotel...carteret is not an area that thrills me, but maybe it is OK......but it is farther south iirc...i stick with airport area hotels more...

Finally, at the very end someone mentions the hotel that I would like to book (for Dec 2 sailing)! It is in an area with 2 other hotels, and is located across from an outlet mall. I will be staying 2 nights, so at least there is an area to walk around. No plans to go to NYC, unless on a tour. Does anybody know this hotel?

yes you are fine....the mall is an outlet mall and if you have time to walk around you can get some good bargains, PLUS no sales tax on shoes or clothes in my happy state....

i have stayed there.....wouldn't hesitate to stay again...i have stayed at 3 or the 4 hotels there...i skip the extended stay since they have no shuttle and no shampoo or tissues! you'll get a decent breakfast and there is a ruby tuesday in the parking lot.....there isn't a LOT of sit down places at www.jerseygardens.com but there are a lot of delivery places....

and you can walk to the mall, but it is across the street and then you cross a parking lot (not real big...) i think the hotel will drop you there...and/or the mall has a shuttle

hth

Archived