Anyone off the Mariner 6/10?

kruz

Captain Per and Becky...:)

Here's Becky early in the morning on her way to ride the zip line in Labadee.

IMGP5930.jpg

IMGP5931.jpg

That boat's going slow enough to keep her hair from getting mussed (or Blown off ;) I hope she enjoyed the Zipline

We saw Becky right after she came off the zipline. She looked quite shaken, and the hair wasn't on, lol.

During our meet and mingle in March as I was leaving Becky was talking to a couple just outside, she saw me and asked me to turn around. I think she was showing her hair off and did not want me to see. Becky if you are reading this we luv you regardless of hair state. I for one don't have much :D Becky shaken, now that I would have to see. Anyone have a camcorder running during that time?

does she have a wig?

I'd say it's more like a hairpiece that attaches at the top like a ponytail. In one of the videos that runs on the tv, she is shown with her natural hair which was quite short, but no matter what the hair, she's the best!! We really enjoyed her.

Rumor has it that Becky is leaving the Mariner this Friday. For anyone on last week's sailing did you hear this? We sail on Sunday and were hoping to have both Becky and Captain Johnny. Would have thought we would know by now, but they are keeping it a surprise!

I was on Mariner 5-27-07 to 6-3-07 and Becky had just gotten back on the ship from her 2 month vacation. I would be surprised if she was leaving, since they sign 6 month contracts...who knows, though. We attended a question and answer session with Captain Per and he said that his contract is for 10 weeks at a time. Not sure when his contract is up, though. He was very nice.

Julie

I just read back through pages of the "Current Captains" thread, and it looks like Captain Johnny went on vacation effective 4/1. That means (if he's not on board right now) that as of 6/17, he'll have been gone for 12 weeks.

I do hope he's back when we sail, but I hear great things about Capt. Per too, so I'm perfectly happy with either. :)

jules, I agree whichever captain and cd we have will be wonderful. Until I found this board never realized what a difference they could make. Of course I have heard so many wonderful things about Becky and Captain Johnny that I would like to see myself, but hey as I've said before as long as I am on the ship don't care who else is there!

Last year when we sailed on Mariner, Capt. Johnny was on vacation, and we had a different captain who I think has since retired. (I don't remember his name.) It was our first ever cruise, and I thought he was great. We did have Becky as our CD and she was very friendly and a bundle of energy, but seriously, I can't imagine there being a bad cd. When I think about it, Becky's assistant (he had an Australian accent I believe), was the emcee for a lot of the poolside activities, and he was great as well.

Next week at this time we'll be sailing toward Labadee! :D

I believe I've seen it on another thread that Becky is headed to Liberty. The only outstanding question is when. A while back there was talk she would be the initial cd, but that didn't happen, so who knows.

One week from today, we will know for sure. We'll be on Labadee looking at the Mariner!

Archived